Saturday, April 7, 2018

Let's Catch Up at the Ultimate Coffee Date!

Hope you're enjoying a lovely weekend. I don't really have too much to say today, so this should be a quick coffee date!

Ultimate Coffee Date | www.enjoyingthecourse.com

If we were having coffee today, I would tell you how excited I am for April. I've got some solid goals that I really feel will go well this month. At least they've gone pretty good this first week. 😎

Join @EnjoytheCourse for the #UltimateCoffeeDate! She's talking goals, taxes, walking, and yoga.

If we were having coffee today, I'd admit that I still need to file our taxes. I don't make them complicated and just do them myself. Every year it seems I leave it to the last possible day. Maybe I'll try to get them filed this weekend.


If we were having coffee today, I'd tell you how I skipped my normal General Hospital on Wednesday to go for a walk for National Walking Day instead. I ate my lunch at my desk and then stopped at Starbucks before my walk. It was a gorgeous day and so nice to get out of the office for a bit and walk somewhere other than the office parking lot.


If we were having coffee today, I would tell you I finally tried Silent Savasana. It's a free yoga event held at various locations around Las Vegas.


The instructor speaks the cues into a microphone piped through headphones. There's also a DJ. It was both an exhilarating and relaxing experience. Definitely challenging as well. There were quite a few people there for their very first yoga experience ever and a lot trying Silent Savasana for the first time. The audio cues were good but I'm also pretty familiar with yoga. I think it would have been hard to follow as a first-timer to yoga.

There were a few technical difficulties as well (static, cutting out, etc). The instructor handled it well, but it would have been a better experience without the tech issues.

Overall, it was a fun, positive experience. I'd definitely go again.

What would tell me today over coffee? Do you file your taxes right away or wait until the last moment? Did you walk on National Walking Day?


Thanks for joining me today! Be sure to stop by our lovely hosts Deborah and Coco to catch up over coffee with some other amazing bloggers.

The Ultimate Coffee Date. Join Us!

Twitter → @EnjoytheCourse
Instagram → enjoyingthecourse
Facebook → EnjoyingtheCourse
Google+ → Enjoying the Course
Pinterest → clarindad

20 comments:

  1. I did not know there was a National Walking Day...but I did participate LOL Of course, it was a tad bit chillier in Iowa than in LV ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think there's a national day for pretty much everything nowadays. :) Yeah, I imagine it was chillier there. LOL

      Delete
  2. Hope you get your taxes done this weekend. I got mine done weeks ago, but I was just anxious to get my refund. LOL!
    Silent Savasana sounds interesting. Sounds like a great experience. Hopefully, next time they will have fixed the tech issues.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the tech issues were a bummer. :( This one happened to be really close to my apartment, but some are quite far. I'll have to keep my eye out for when it's back on my side of town. I really do need to get those taxes done! LOL

      Delete
  3. The yoga class sounds fun although I'd probably be so lost since I'm not a regular yogi. Taxes? Um, yeah ...last minute. It's on my list of things to do this week! Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. I didn't get to them last weekend, so I guess I'll definitely need to get them done this week. LOL

      Delete
  4. That yoga class sounds great but I may have been lost.

    I wait until April 15 to do my taxes since we have to pay.

    I missed National Walking Day. Next year...

    ReplyDelete
  5. My husband does the taxes. If he expects a refund he files early, otherwise he takes his time.

    That yoga class sounds interesting -- I've never heard of such a thing! I actually think any yoga class would be challenging for a beginner! I've started to go to some studio classes again, but I practice regularly at home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mostly only do yoga at home, so getting out to a class or studio is a bit out of my comfort zone. I've had issues with instructors before, so maybe it's just that I haven't found a really good one yet. I have been mildly thinking of trying ClassPass again to do more studio yoga.

      Delete
  6. Silent Savatsana sounds like it'd be fun, although I have a tendency to just fall asleep in yoga classes, especially at the end of class (I probably just need to sleep more ._.).

    Taxes. Mehhhh. (I'm not liking adult responsibilities much, haha.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Unfortunately, they can't really be avoided. :-(

      Yeah, you probably need more sleep. LOL

      Delete
  7. I would definitely try the silent savasana. Sounds kind of like a cross between yoga and meditation. Thanks for stopping in for coffee date great to have you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, there wasn't actually too much meditation. The DJ spun some pretty upbeat music - not typical yogi/meditation type music.

      Delete
  8. Oh my gosh...General Hospital! I didn't know that what was still on!

    Silent Savasana sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad to hear your goals went well for the first week! I'm sure you'll do great sticking to them for the rest of the month.

    Silent Savasana sounds very interesting. I haven't heard of it before. I'll have to see if we have something similar in the DC area.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure if it's just a Vegas thing or not, but it would be cool to find something in the DC area as well.

      Delete
  10. That lunchtime walk sounds like a great idea! I have to remember to do that. I walk my dog in the morning but always forget later.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so nice! I've taken a few more lunchtime walks and need to do them more regularly for sure!

      Delete