Thursday, January 18, 2018

How to Make the Best Creamy Artichoke Pasta Salad

Ibotta had Reese artichoke hearts on sale in the app. I wasn't sure if I even really liked them, but I decided to buy a can and experiment.

I created a pasta salad and was pleasantly surprised with how delicious it turned out!


Since I wasn't really sure if I would like the artichokes, I decided to blend them into a creamy sauce for the salad. I mixed in some sun-dried tomatoes because I thought they would be a nice addition. 😋




Creamy Artichoke Pasta Salad

Takes
Serves 4

Ingredients

  • 1/2 lb medium shell pasta
  • 4 artichoke hearts, quartered (16 quarters from a can)
  • 8 sun-dried tomatoes
  • 1/2 cup Just Mayo
  • 1 tsp minced garlic
  • 2 tsp celery seed
  • 1/2 cup sliced mini red peppers
  • 1/2 cup sliced & quartered cucumbers

Got artichokes? Enjoy this creamy pasta salad from @EnjoytheCourse. #vegan

Instructions

  1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain. Rinse with cold water to prevent sticking.
  2. While pasta is cooking, place artichoke hearts and sun-dried tomatoes in a food processor. Pulse 5 times. Add Just Mayo, garlic, and celery seed to food processor with artichokes and sun-dried tomatoes. Pulse until smooth.
  3. In large bowl, mix pasta, drained & rinsed, with artichoke sauce until evenly distributed. Fold in red peppers and cucumbers.
  4. Chill in refrigerator for at least an hour for the flavors to meld together. Stir and enjoy. 

This is a great recipe to make ahead for lunches throughout the week. It comes together real easy and holds up well in the fridge.


I really love how well this salad turned out, and I'll likely keep artichokes and sun-dried tomatoes on hand so I can make this salad anytime I want.


I'm linking up today with FarrahEsther, and Annmarie for Foodie Friday as well as Deborah and Sarah for Meatless Mondays.
Confessions of a Mother Runner

Twitter → @EnjoytheCourse
Instagram → enjoyingthecourse
Facebook → EnjoyingtheCourse
Google+ → Enjoying the Course
Pinterest → clarindad

31 comments:

  1. Yum! I've never had artichokes in a salad before, but I should really try this out! I need more salads in my life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you like artichokes, you might want to add some additional ones from the can. I wasn't sure about the texture, so I didn't, but I think it could be good.

      Delete
    2. I'll definitely have to try that out! I need more salads in my life. :P

      Delete
  2. this looks good! I will have to try this for lunches next week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks delicious. Artichokes aren't something I typically keep on hand but maybe I should.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here! But this turned out so good that I may experiment more with the ones I have on hand. :)

      Delete
  4. This sounds tasty! I love artichoke dips and sauces, but have never tried making any of my own. hmmmm.....I may need to give this a go...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Truth be told, you could probably skip the pasta and just enjoy this as a dip. It would probably be delicious with some pita chips.

      Delete
  5. Yup, this sounds amazing. I'm all over this!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do like artichokes and rarely think to cook with them - this recipe looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds yummy. I love artichokes in my pasta salad!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I need to try pieces of artichokes in this next time - instead of just ground into the sauce.

      Delete
  8. I've never tried artichokes in a salad - this looks tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I seriously can't wait to try this! I just discovered Just Mayo since starting my 21 days vegetarian. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it good! I've been using it for years and don't think I'd ever go back to regular mayo.

      Delete
  10. I LOVE artichokes! I am def going to have to make this soon! Several of my fav foods included in the food combo!
    Thanks for linking up with us too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love artichokes in pasta salad, but I've never turned them into a sauce before. I'm definitely going to need to try this! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like how it turned out as a sauce. I hope you give it a try. :)

      Delete
  12. This does sound really good and like a great way to get lots of healthy vegetables into your dinner. Count me as an artichoke heart fan.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love how easy pasta salad is to make and how great it is to have on hand in the fridge. I might have to whip up a batch soon, thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so welcome! They're so great to make ahead for lunches.

      Delete
  14. Ohhh I love artichokes so much! What a great pasta salad recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love artichokes and never remember to put them into recipes! This looks like a great lunch thanks for linking up for meatless Monday

    ReplyDelete