Sunday, April 15, 2018

Weekly Wrap - Apr 15

Linking up with Holly and Wendy for the Weekly Wrap. Be sure to stop by their blogs to see what everyone else was up to last week.

I'm so happy to report that I finally filed our taxes. Yesterday. Finished that up with a few days to spare and it feels so good. LOL I never got around to them last weekend, so I'm glad I made the time this weekend, cuz time was no longer on my side. 😂

Weekly Wrap

Workouts


I didn't feel super on Wed and especially not on Thurs. 😒 I ended up needing a rest day on Thursday, and I don't feel too bad about it. Sometimes, that's just life and you gotta be OK with it and move on.

Weekly Wrap - April 9-15
April's Quick Hit Challenge
One round = Streak Cred
Two rounds = Bada$$
Three rounds = Ninja

Work can sometimes get so busy that I get sucked into projects and end up sitting way too long. Since the weather has been so perfect lately, I've been trying to get out for at least a 15-20 min walk a few times a week. I went for a walk on Mon & Tues during work. :-)

I wanted to run on Tue/Thu/Sat, but I just couldn't force myself out on Thu this week. Or Friday before work. Instead I grabbed running stuff so I could run after work before heading home. Other than some tech/user errors, it was a decent run! I paused every half mile or so for some triceps dips and incline push-ups.

@EnjoytheCourse threw in some extra walks and a hike with some coworkers. How were your workouts this past week? #weeklywrap

Yesterday was so gorgeous that I decided to take Sallie for a nice long walk. It ended up being about 2.5 miles and she was having such a great time! Me, too. :)


Last Week's Videos


With the 2 monthly challenges I'm doing this month plus running 3x per week, it's hard to get in any videos other than yoga. Maybe more variety will return next month. 😜

Core Power Morning Wakeup - 23 min - Yoga with Adriene
Slow Flow Jungle Yoga - 38 min - Five Parks Yoga ↠ This was incredibly slow moving. I found it difficult to concentrate on moving that slowly. I did get very sweaty, though, so it was definitely a good workout.
Head & Heart Reset - 24 min - Yoga with Adriene


Other Happenings


We had some bigwig visitors from our corporate offices in town this past week. One of them wanted to go hiking after work on Wed, so I was happy to plan something. It ended up only being 4 of us to go, but we had so much fun on our short, little hike. It had been pretty windy during the day but wasn't too bad for us while hiking. The weather was actually pretty perfect.

Red Rock | Las Vegas, NV

Thursday was a National Grilled Cheese Sandwich Day, so I helped organize a little grilled cheese party at the office. We had 5 kinds of cheese (American, Provolone, Gouda, Sharp Cheddar, Mild Cheddar) as well as bacon, tomatoes, avocados, spinach, and some apple slices. Everyone made and grilled their own sandwich and said it was a fun idea.

Grilled Cheese Sandwich Fixings
Grilled Cheese Sandwich and Potato Chips

It was also a fun mail week! I got some great socks for being a part of Club Tabio. I received 2 pairs of sports socks and one pair of fashion socks. I love the fashion socks. They're perfect for my workday walks when I don't bring walking shoes.

Tabio socks

The April StrideBox arrived this week, too. I'm really excited to try the edamame spaghetti!

April 2018 StrideBox

Not in the mail per se, but our corporate visitors brought us some company swag - SOCKS.

ThriveHive socks


ICYMI: Post from Last Week


Best Hair Hacks for Your Active Lifestyle - Helpful hacks to help transform your hair from gym hair back to normal after a workout.

Click on the image to read the post.

Workout Hair Hacks

Does your office do anything for weird, random holidays? Do you take walks during the workday? How were your workouts last week?

Twitter → @EnjoytheCourse
Instagram → enjoyingthecourse
Facebook → EnjoyingtheCourse
Google+ → Enjoying the Course
Pinterest → clarindad

14 comments:

  1. Cute socks! I loved this month's stridebox too ...it's like opening a Christmas present every month! How fun to get to go on a 'work related' hike. Have a good week Clarinda!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So many cute socks last week. :) LOL The hike was really fun, too.

      Delete
  2. I am going to checkout some of your yoga video ideas. Sometimes I just can't make it to class and I've come to really need yoga in my life. Have a great week girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are so many great yoga videos on YouTube for when you can't make it to an actual class. :)

      Delete
  3. That looks like a great Stride box. I used to get that years ago and didn't use much of the products but it looks like it has gotten much better recently. I heard that birthday cake flavor GU is yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't heard of the birthday cake flavor yet. I hope it's good!

      Delete
  4. I used to be better about walking during the work day but I have gotten out of the habit. At least now I have a standing desk so I don't have to sit all day. Great job with your workouts this week! I also really enjoyed this month's Stridebox.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish that walking during the workday was more of a habit. :( I haven't been shooting for 2-3 times a week lately.

      Delete
  5. What a fun week you had! I love that you took your colleagues out for that hike. And that grilled cheese party had me smiling too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I"m loving my Tabio socks too! I need to share them on my blog. I also did the Slow Flow Jungle Yoga. It was deceptively hard but it was good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! It took me quite awhile to get into the slow rhythm and when I did, it really kicked my booty.

      Delete
  7. I usually run Tue/Thu/Sat, and Thursdays sometimes get axed if I've had a long week at work. I try not to, but sometimes I need an extra rest day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing wrong with taking an extra rest day now and again. :)

      Delete