Sunday, April 29, 2018

Weekly Wrap - Apr 29

Linking up with Holly and Wendy for the Weekly Wrap. Be sure to stop by their blogs to see what everyone else was up to last week.

Hello from sunny 🌞 Las Vegas! It's been gorgeous this past week. Well, maybe too hot for some with near record highs! Workout-wise, this was a pretty slow week, but work was crazy busy! And there was a little fun thrown in as well.

Weekly Wrap

Workouts


I was still experiencing quite a bit of pain in my ankle most of the week, so working out wasn't a high priority. I still managed to make it out of the office for a few walk breaks, which was nice, but I pretty much dropped out of my challenges this month. But I'm OK with that. It's better to be healthy and uninjured than to stick it out with a fitness challenge. 😏

Weekly Wrap - April 23-29
April's Quick Hit Challenge
One round = Streak Cred
Two rounds = Bada$$
Three rounds = Ninja

I started the week with some Yoga for the Feet to help strengthen my feet and ankles, but I think it might have been too much after Sunday's yoga to heal an ankle injury.

By Thu/Fri, my ankle wasn't bothering me any longer! Whoo hoo!! So, I tested it out with a 3-mile run this morning. Yep, you read that right - my longest run of the year! It felt so great out there. I sure hope that it wasn't unwise to run so long just a few days after having ankle pain. I did warm-up with the running drills I shared on Tuesday and finished with some stretches and yoga.

Felt good to finish the week with my longest run of the year! Find out what else I've been up to in this week's #weeklywrap. via @EnjoytheCourse

Work was stressful and busy last week, but I'm glad I was able to get outside for some walks a few days. It was so nice to enjoy some sunshine and clear my head.


I took my Sallie girl for a nice long walk at a nearby park yesterday. I even managed to get a super cute pic of her. She was so hot, tired, and thirsty by the end. She refused to drink from the doggie fountains, so I really need to remember to carry a doggie bowl with me now that the temps are getting so high.



Last Week's Videos


Yoga for the Feet - 30 min - Yoga with Adriene
Full Body Stretch - 10 min - Cat Meffan
Yoga for Better Posture - 26 min - Five Parks Yoga ↠ I really enjoyed this practice, but I woke up today with some serious DOMS in my back. I guess I pushed it a little too hard. Just means my back will be stronger soon, right?
Interrogating Zuckerburg - Bad Lip Reading ↠ OK. This is not a workout or related to anything else I normally share, but it is HILARIOUS! If you're not familiar with Bad Lip Reading, they dub over a video with different words.
Post Workout Recovery Class - 22 min - Five Parks Yoga


Other Happenings


I mentioned that work was crazy busy last week. We had a new employee start on Monday. She'll be working really closely with me, so I was tied up in training most of the week. Part of her training was also training that I needed, which meant that we had some trainers from our corporate offices in town as well. Busy, busy, busy.

I also had some out-of-town visitors. I really wanted to take a day or two off to hang out at the pool with my friend, but with the new hire and training, it just wasn't possible. At least we got to have dinner the two nights she was in town. We went to dinner at Firefly the first night (no pics) and enjoyed some delicious sangria and a few tapas plates to share. It was a gorgeous evening and we snagged a table out on the patio.

The 2nd night we ventured downtown. We shared some small plates at Carson's Kitchen. No outdoor seating and the restaurant was so loud! But the food was good. We walked over to Container Park and Fremont Street Experience after dinner. We wanted some dessert and tried the most delicious thing - a Waffelato. They cook up a waffle and serve you gelato in it. I enjoyed a vanilla waffle with pistachio gelato.


My uncle was also in town. We went out to dinner with him Friday evening. We went to Lazy Dog in Town Square. After a long week, I enjoyed a sangria sampler. 😋 They were all so good. As was the food and conversation. Though I kept getting distracted by all the cute puppies on the patio. This is a pet-friendly restaurant with a doggie menu for your furry friend.




ICYMI: Posts from Last Week


9 Running Drills for Better Running - One of my April goals was to introduce drills to my running routine. I finally did some research and am looking forward to adding in these running drills before each run.

5 Easy Ways to Say NO to Plastic - The 2018 theme for Earth Day was Ending Plastic Pollution, so I shared a few products I use every day to help reduce my plastic consumption.

Click on the images to read the posts.

9 Running Drills for Better Running
5 Easy Ways to Say NO to Plastic

Is the sun shining where you are? What's your longest run so far this year? Do you take walk breaks during work?

Twitter → @EnjoytheCourse
Instagram → enjoyingthecourse
Facebook → EnjoyingtheCourse
Google+ → Enjoying the Course
Pinterest → clarindad

20 comments:

  1. So glad to hear that your ankle is feeling better! One of the yoga classes I go to focuses on feet and ankles a lot. I just have to remember to do them on my own as well

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too! I hope it stays pain free and just gets stronger. :) I have a hard time remembering to do feet/ankle specific moves at home, too. :(

      Delete
  2. I hate when work is busy when friends are in town - glad you got to spend some time with her. LOL on the Zucerkburg video! That waffle cone looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the worst, amiright?! :) LOL I'm glad we at least got to hang out in the evenings. The waffle cone was so delicious. If you're ever in Vegas, I highly recommend it. The guys behind Bad Lip Reading are really talented. Their videos are hilarious.

      Delete
  3. I'm so glad to see you were able to run again! I missed how you hurt your ankle. Was it because you've been changing your foot strike?

    I saw some of that Zuckerman video on the news and it was hilarious! The slurping water part had me crying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was dying during that part of the video, too!

      I think my ankle pain was partially due to the transition but also the huge increase in jumping jacks without any foam rolling, stretching or massaging of my calves/feet/Achilles.

      Delete
  4. It's been nice and sunny the past few days, and even 80 degrees today. Hard to believe we got snow on Tuesday! I really hope spring is here. It felt so good to get outside for my run yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is crazy that you got snow on Tuesday, nestled in with sunny days. :) I hope spring is here to stay for you.

      Delete
  5. Yes, we've had sunshine all day!! My longest run(s) would be the (2) half marathons (March 17 and last weekend). My big thing. though, is the daughter ran 5 miles today! She's training for a 20K with me, and this is the farthest she's ever run (#proudmom). Congrats on your run!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like a pretty exciting week for you! Sunshine and a 5-mile run with your daughter. So cool. :)

      Delete
  6. Nice job on your longest run of the year! I'm glad your ankle is better too. Your Sallie is adorable. My son was just telling me just recently that they make these collapsible bowls to take along for your dog. I definitely need one. Thanks for linking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I need to remember our collapsible bowls for her. She is usually the worst when it comes to being photographed, so I was really happy to have gotten this pic. :)

      Delete
  7. I'm glad your ankle is feeling better! Too bad work was so busy that you couldn't spare a little extra time with your friend while she was in town.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I was sad, but it's all good. She was just here in March as well, so I got in some quality time with her then. :)

      Delete
  8. That wafelato looks amazing. Im going to try to make those this summer! Glad you are back to running

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so good! Let me know how it goes making them yourself. :)

      Delete
  9. I want to take your sentence about avoiding injury being better than making a workout challenge and post it on my wall - so wise! Glad your ankle is feeling better. I love the Zuckerberg video and The waffle/gelato sounds unbelievably good.
    Great week of workouts, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great thing to remember, for sure! Sometimes we get so caught up in But I committed myself to doing this that we forget to take a step back when our bodies are talking to us. The Zuckerberg video was even funnier the second time I watch it. :-D

      Delete
  10. I'm sorry to hear about your ankle pain. It must have been so satisfying to get out on that 3 mile run! My longest run this year was my marathon! Definitely won't be doing any more of those any time soon!

    The waffle-lato looks amazing!! We need a place like that in Philly! The weather is getting really nice and supposed to get up to 90 this week - I'm not ready!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. I've known so many runners to say that and then are running another one before too long. :-D

      Hope you survive those temps! 90s here aren't so bad because there's no humidity to go with it. The waffle-lato was super good.

      Delete