Sunday, April 8, 2018

Weekly Wrap - Apr 8

Linking up with Holly and Wendy for the Weekly Wrap. Be sure to stop by their blogs to see what everyone else was up to last week.

I'm happy to report that April is off to a great start! I'm on track with all of my goals, the weather has been perfection. Life is good!

Weekly Wrap

Workouts


I'm pretty proud of my workouts last week. I got in 3 runs. I haven't missed a day of Rachels' challenge. I only missed one day of my Quick Hit challenge. I pushed myself out of my comfort zone and attended Silent Savasana.

Weekly Wrap - April 2-8
One round = Streak Cred
Two rounds = Bada$$
Three rounds = Ninja

Getting used to 3 runs a week is going to take a week or so. By time Saturday rolled around, I was done. My legs were tired and my pace overall was a bit slower this week. Also, my right ankle has been bothering the past few days. I'm not ready to blame the running yet, though. 😜

We actually took Sallie for a walk Monday evening. Every week, I say how we should take her for more walks, but we rarely take her more than just a quick potty.

@EnjoytheCourse wants to know how your workouts went last week! April is off to a nice strong 💪 start! #weeklywrap

I got in my 3 yoga practices. 2 on YouTube and 1 in person. You can read more about my experience at Silent Savasana at the Ultimate Coffee Date.


Last Week's Videos


Yoga for Flexibility - 16 min - Yoga with Adrience
Yoga for Beginners - 52min - Five Parks Yoga ↠ If you're new to yoga, this was a great practice! She was very descriptive of the moves. About 22 min in there was a surprise visitor. Luckily, I think we were in child's pose. :)


ICYMI: Posts from Last Week


March, You are Finished! April, Come She Will. Taking a moment to reflect on my March goals and set new ones for April.

Let's Catch Up at the Ultimate Coffee Date. One of my favorite posts of the month - catching up over some coffee. :)

Click on the images to read the post.

March Recap, April Goals
Let's Catch Up at the Ultimate Coffee Date

How were your workouts last week? April off to a good start for you?wee

Twitter → @EnjoytheCourse
Instagram → enjoyingthecourse
Facebook → EnjoyingtheCourse
Google+ → Enjoying the Course
Pinterest → clarindad

18 comments:

  1. How's the shift to forefoot running going? Is that why the 3 runs per week were kind of tough? I can't imagine how hard it would be to adjust my stride.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's going well! In March, I was only doing 2 runs per week, so I think my legs/body are just adjusting to the additional pitter-patter. Plus I've been doing a ton of jumping jacks in April and other exercises, too that make my legs tired.

      Delete
  2. I don't think April has started out too well here. Well weather wise. It has been chilly and has not been feeling like spring lately. Great job getting your workouts in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a successful 6-miler this weekend, and April looks like a fun month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats on your 6-miler! Hope April IS a fun month, indeed. :)

      Delete
  4. It's great to hear someone has decent spring weather! We're supposed to finally get seasonal weather on Wednesday and I am SOOOO excited!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got my fingers crossed for you! :) I mean, it's got to show up sometime. :D

      Delete
  5. Awesome job this week on hitting all of your workouts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! It's a great feeling when you have a solid week of workouts.

      Delete
  6. Great job on the three runs like week, in addition to your challenges. I enjoy Five Parks yoga too. She is pretty easy to follow for someone like me who doesn't do yoga that often. I need to take our dogs on more walks. There just doesn't seem to be enough time for everything. Thanks for linking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely need to pick and choose our activities. I wish there were more time to do all.the.things. LOL

      Delete
  7. Yay for getting in three runs! You are so dedicated to the Yoga ...I really need to do more of it. I'm enjoying Rachel's April challenge ...no burpees!! Great week Clarinda!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I'm still opting for some burpees in Rachel's challenge. :) Yoga makes me feel strong. :)

      Delete
  8. Glad to hear that April is off to a strong start! Getting your runs up to 3 days a week will take a little bit to adjust and then it'll be routine before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Janelle! I'm hopeful that it will be routine by the end of April. :)

      Delete
  9. I look at you and immediately I want to try myself at yoga. I practice these lessons sometimes, my friend showed how to do it properly. She recommended me to read more information about https://yogalifestyles.com/plant-based-protein-powder-review/ organic protein plant based powder review, because this should be also taken into account. I will read your articles, you have a lot of interesting things.

    ReplyDelete