Sunday, April 1, 2018

Weekly Wrap - Apr 1

Linking up with Holly and Wendy for the Weekly Wrap. Be sure to stop by their blogs to see what everyone else was up to last week.

It was nice to have NOTHING to do this weekend! I spent it the doing some neglected chores around the apartment and *gasp* got some meal prep done today! Standing in the kitchen for so long today, I'm definitely going to sleep well tonight. :-)

Weekly Wrap

Workouts


I had a couple days during the week that were pretty minimal but overall I'd say it was a pretty decent week workout-wise.

Weekly Wrap - March 26-April 1

I stuck with my slightly longer distance for both of my runs this week - 1.75 miles.  Wednesday's run left me with a slightly twinging ankle. I think it was more residual from hiking a few days before. No more twinges by Saturday. It was still a bit difficult to push myself out the door yesterday, though. Which was too bad because it was a gorgeous day! I finally got my run in during the evening, though.

I started a new challenge with a small group on FB. We call it the Quick Hit Challenge. We've done a different challenge each month, but April's is a bit killer.

One round = Streak Cred
Two rounds = Bada$$
Three rounds = Ninja

Today, I was a Ninja. I'm hoping I'll get faster because it took me 26 minutes to complete the three rounds today.

@EnjoytheCourse wants to know how your workouts went last week! She finished March nice and strong. #weeklywrap

Yoga was pretty on par this week with three yoga videos! I also did a Nike Training Center workout in their NTC app that was pretty fun.


Last Week's Videos


3 yoga practices FTW!

Best Morning Yoga Class (AM Yoga) to Wake Up for a Good Day - 22 min - Fightmaster Yoga ↠ I normally like this yoga channel, but she had a guest yogi. I enjoyed the poses, but I found the queues a bit hard to follow.
20 Min Energizing Flow Yoga Class Flow - 22 min - Five Parks Yoga
Yoga for Self-Discipline - 46m - Yoga with Adriene ↠ This seemed like the longest 45 minutes! Maybe my head just wasn't in it today. And then my phone died with just a couple minutes left. I imagine I just missed some savasana, which I'm OK with because I was just ready for this one to be done.


ICYMI: Post from Last Week


Do you know what time it is? Time for a visit to the runfessional!

Click on the image to read the post.

Runfessions: Good for the Sole

How were your workouts last week?

Twitter → @EnjoytheCourse
Instagram → enjoyingthecourse
Facebook → EnjoyingtheCourse
Google+ → Enjoying the Course
Pinterest → clarindad

22 comments:

  1. Do you miss running far? I know you're working on your foot strike--I don't think i could be that patient!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was harder in January, but I'm kind of used to it now. I am looking forward to building up to 3 mile runs this month, though.

      Delete
  2. I need to get on board with the five parks yoga classes! I missed my usual class this week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Erin is great! You should definitely check out her videos on YouTube - perfect for when you need to squeeze it in at home.

      Delete
  3. I'd say you had a great week. Nice job of mixing it up too. Isn't it nice to have an occasional weekend with absolutely nothing scheduled? But I must admit, I would not meal prep either. LOL. Kudos to you! Thanks for linking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get so lazy about dinner if I don't have a plan, but I've been slacking on that as well lately. It feels to have a plan as well as some prep done. Like, I'm ready to tackle the week. :D

      Delete
  4. I had a relaxing weekend even though I got a lot done - that's the best kind. I don't have patience for annoying yoga videos. I seem to be more critical of them than other types of workouts. Maybe it's because I need yoga to be just right to get in the zen zone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't as productive on Saturday but I killed it on Sunday. LOL I'll admit I have stopped a yoga video a few minutes in if I wasn't feeling, but I mostly try to give a once through at least.

      Delete
  5. I have not done many yoga videos. For me, I have a tough time constantly trying to do the poses and still be twisting my head to see the screen (I don't remember all the poses by name on occasion). And, some of the instructors are too "into the moment" for me LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally get that! I stopped doing yoga altogether for a year or so for that very reason - they were all too yogi, if you know what I mean. I've been doing videos enough now that I don't need to look at the screen too often, which is a huge help.

      Delete
  6. Great job with your workouts! I need to do more yoga. Thanks for the yoga links! I'll check those out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you find something that you like! Those are my 3 go-to yoga challenges on YouTube. If you don't like the particular videos I shared they have tons more! I usually share a few links each week, so hope you come back again. :)

      Delete
  7. Looks like a great week! That challenge sounds tough. And thats great that you get in so much yoga at home. You had a great variety of workouts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lisa! I'm 2 days a ninja now, but not sure how long I'll be able to keep it up. I agree that it will be a toughie for sure. :)

      Delete
  8. I also enjoy when I have absolutely no plans for the weekend! Sometimes that is absolutely necessary, especially after a long week of work.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That April Challenge sounds tough! Great job! I need to start finding some yoga videos I enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely a tough one! I was very intimidated when it was shared, but I decided to get it a go anyway. Time will tell how long I last. :D

      Delete
  10. I skipped a workout last week to take an extra rest day, and it felt really nice. I had an extended weekend, and it was so nice to veg more, and still have time to do all my errands and chores.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes skipping a workout can be amazing. Hope you felt revived afterwards. Aren't extended weekends the best?!

      Delete
  11. It's always nice to have a weekend with very little scheduled!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was quite the treat have 2 very packed, but FUN, weekends.

      Delete