Friday, March 30, 2018

Do you know what time it is?

Time for some Runfessions!

Happy to be linking up with Marcia once again for a little runfessing.


I runfess that...  while my forefoot running transition is going well it is still a bit scary for me. Last week, I shared my full 2018 transition plan and seeing it all laid out is both calming and terrifying. It's definitely feeling more natural but I'll really start ramping things up in April and the doubts are starting to set in. Am I ready? Can I maintain form for longer than 1-2 miles?


I runfess that...  my biggest fear right now is that my running mojo won't come back with my ramp up. Taking this transition as slowly as I have been has kind of affected my motivation to run. There have been days when I don't even feel like a runner anymore. Fingers crossed that will change once I start ramping back up.


Join @EnjoytheCourse in the Runfessional! What do you want to get off your chest? #runfessions #runchat

I runfess that...  I do not know where March went! It just doesn't feel like it should be coming to an end already! My running goal for March was to run 2x per week, and I'm happy to say I will accomplish that with tomorrow's run. I'm proud of myself to getting out there, even on the weeks/days when I didn't want to.



I runfess that...  my ankle has been twinging a bit since my Wed morning run. Is that a sign of runfession #1? I think it's less about the run and more about the hike I did last Sunday. There was a bit of ankle rolling out on the trail. Hopefully it doesn't stick around too long.



I runfess that... I'm excited for this weekend! After two fun-filled weekends in a row with visitors from out of town, I'm ready for a relaxing weekend at home with zero obligations. It's looking to be a perfect weekend, too, with highs in the low 80s. Woot! I'm hoping to get some stuff done around the house and catch up on some blogging while enjoying the sunshine out on the patio.


Do your big goals scare you even when you know you're doing it right and making progress? What are you looking forward to this weekend? What do you have to runfess this month?

Twitter → @EnjoytheCourse
Instagram → enjoyingthecourse
Facebook → EnjoyingtheCourse
Google+ → Enjoying the Course
Pinterest → clarindad

4 comments:

  1. Don't put pressure on yourself. If you lose your form when you get tired, so be it. I still slip into somewhat of a heel strike after 13 or so. It's all good though so no worries. Hooray for nicer weather! I wish I could say the same for Chicago. Thanks for linking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Marcia! I won't be too hard on myself, I promise. :)

      Delete
  2. I'm kind of--ok a lot jealous of your weather! 80s sound so nice!

    I'm working on giving up my walk intervals and that kind of scares me too, altho I know I can always throw them in if I need them. Mentally, I don't feel like a "real runner" doing run/walk intervals but they have gotten me to the finish line of some tough races this past year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a beautiful weekend, for sure! I'm hopeful that spring is here to stay. Yes, 80s in our spring. LOL

      Nothing wrong with interval, but all the best it giving them up. You're right that you can certainly add a few back in now and again when you need to. :)

      Delete