Friday, November 28, 2014

Where did I go?

Good morning! I hope that you all had an enjoyable Thanksgiving yesterday - celebrating food, life, and family. *gobble, gobble*

Once I read that when a blogger has a lapse in posting, that she shouldn't mention it when she returns. Instead, she should just pick up like she'd never left. To avoid alienating (?) any new readers that might have stumbled upon her blog for the very first time.

Well, I simply cannot do that. I feel like I need to write an explanation to those few people who actually read my blog. :)

Especially, since my intent had been to write a good-bye post.
An I'm back and here's why I left post will have to do.

So, here's the story. I GOT BUSY.

And the worst excuse ever not to blog goes to... ME!

All bloggers are busy. I get that. It's just that with marathon training and lots craziness at work, I wasn't really able to give it my full focus. I really felt like I had no time for generating good halfway decent content for posts.

Plus I *gasp* wasn't really enjoying it as much. It was starting to become a chore.

But that's only part of the story. The bigger part was that I looked at my blog stats in the beginning on Sept, and my readership had plummeted. Again. It probably shouldn't have, but it crushed me. I see so many bloggers out there with such great followings who have been doing it for far less time than I have. I felt like I wasn't getting anywhere, and no one would miss me if I were to go away. I felt like I was doing it all wrong because I numbers were declining, and that's really what led me to consider why am I putting in this much effort?!

So, I decided I needed a break. From blogging. Of course, I tried to become a little more active on Twitter and Instagram in my blogging absence.

The first month or so I didn't really miss it at all. I was focused on marathon training and not going insane at work.

But in the past few weeks, I got a few new Twitter followers who said they liked my blog. Of course, I thought that was strange, since I hadn't posted anything new in months. It got me thinking, though. Yeah, I did have some good post ideas! Maybe I should start up again.

And now, my marathon is over and work has improved incredibly, so maybe I'll give this blogging thing another shot.

Kind of a Debbie Downer post, so here are a few race caps in pictures that you may have missed in my absence.

Just click on the picture to view the full story in G+.

Ventura Half Marathon | Sept 2014
Long Beach Half Marathon | Oct 2014
Rock 'n Roll Las Vegas Marathon | Nov 2014

Thanks for reading and letting me get all that out there! If you're doing any Black Friday shopping today, be safe and GOOD LUCK!!

If you liked this post, feel free to Tweet: An explanation for my absence + a few race recaps. http://ctt.ec/C5MDm+ via @EnjoytheCourse

Twitter → @EnjoytheCourse
Instagram → enjoyingthecourse
Facebook → EnjoyingtheCourse
Google+ → Enjoying the Course
Pinterest → clarindad

7 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're back! I've been following you on Instagram but didn't realize you weren't blogging for awhile until about last week when I dropped by. Congrats on the marathon! I can relate to the blogging woes....I don't even really look at my numbers because they are extremely low!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Janelle! The marathon was fun!! I'm glad to be back. :)

      Delete
  2. I never even look at my numbers, I guess it's probably a good thing I don't. I always compare myself to other bloggers and feel the same way. But I've realized I just have to do it for me, and because I enjoy doing it. Even if no one else reads. Although that would really suck!
    I'm really glad you're back, I noticed a long time ago you had stopped and I was always hoping you would come back, I've always loved reading! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Katie! That means so much. :) Glad that you enjoy reading!!

      Delete
  3. I've missed your posts and I'm glad your back. Between my bum knee and ankle, I have to live my running life vicariously through you. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Stasy!! :) Sorry to hear about your knee and ankle! {sending you healing thoughts}

      Delete
  4. Thanks so much, Karen! That means a lot, and I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one that goes through big blogging slumps. :)

    ReplyDelete