Sunday, November 30, 2014

2014 Goal Check-in

With a nearly 3 month blogging hiatus, I'm sure you've been wondering how I've been doing with my 2014 goals. :)

There's only 1 more month left, so let's see if I'm still on track!

Individual Goals

Fitness goals - Run Faster and Train Harder
Sept, Oct, and Nov were spent hard at marathon training. Unfortunately, that didn't really include much speed work, cross training, or strength training. Even though I know it should have! It's so hard to find the time to do all of that along with all. the. running. I had a great marathon, though, so NO REGRETS! :)

Blogging goals
Um. You all know how this went. #fail

Goals with Jeff

Read 3 books together. Good news: We actually did start reading together! Yay!! Bad news: We haven't even finished 1 book, let alone 3. Not sure we'll be able to finish 3 before the end of December, but we should make it a priority and still try, right?!

New in 2014. Still going strong doing one new thing every month. Here's what you may have missed:

Sept - Jeff came out with me on a training run. He supported me while biking as I ran.
Oct - We attended a 1st time homebuyers class. :)
Nov - We visited the Las Vegas Natural History Museum

New in 2014 | Enjoying the Course


Enriching Activities. Since August, we've checked off a couple more activities. We volunteered at the Ironman in early Oct, and visiting the Las Vegas Natural History Museum yesterday counts as a cultural activity as well. Now, we have just 3 more activities to check off, and I'm pretty confident that we'll get this all done! Whoo hoo!!!

2014 Enriching Activities | Enjoying the Course

Overall I'm very happy with how my 2014 goals are going, and I hope to finish the year strong! :)
Tweet: 2014 Goals Check-in #goals #fitfluential #sweatpink via @EnjoytheCourse http://ctt.ec/94362+

Anyone else still focused on their 2014 goals?
Anyone start working on their 2015 goals already? I've already got some goals bopping around in my head for 2015 that I'm pretty excited about, so stay tuned!

Twitter → @EnjoytheCourse
Instagram → enjoyingthecourse
Facebook → EnjoyingtheCourse
Google+ → Enjoying the Course
Pinterest → clarindad

11 comments:

  1. Great work on your goals. I love the idea of doing something new each month

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Abby! I think it's a good way to stay on track all year long. :)

      Delete
  2. I like that you have enriching activities as a goal. I was just checking how I did on my goals for this year since I am working on 2015! Some were knocked out and others, not so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that's how it goes every year. Our goals have got to evolve as the year progresses, right?

      Delete
  3. I love this set up for your goals. It really gets your to diversify the things you try! You are doing a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! I'm giving A LOT of thought to running and personal goals in 2015 -- and a combination of the two! I want 2015 to be my best year of running yet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!! Good luck to you on planning your 2015 goals. I'm getting excited for the new year and new goals, too. :)

      Delete
  5. You've done great!

    I managed to not finish a single one of my goals other than to read 50 books this year and that one I kind of cheated on because I counted some of the kiddo's books. (But only the ones he made me read a million times. :P ) I'm hoping to do better next year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I honestly cannot imagine reading 50 books in one year. Great job! And cheers to 2015!!

      Delete
  6. That was the first of many long runs supported by Jeff. He was awesome this marathon training cycle. :)

    ReplyDelete