Saturday, November 5, 2016

Ultimate Coffee Date - November 2016

When I was preparing my blog to get it ready for its big revival, I was super excited to see that Coco and Deborah were still hosting the Ultimate Coffee Date on 1st Saturday of each month.

Because who doesn't love having coffee virtually with all their blogging friends?

Ultimate Coffee Date

If we were having coffee today, I would tell you...
I am excited to be blogging again! I just jumped right back into it earlier this week without any real goals or expectations. While I'm excited, I'm also a little nervous that I won't have much to say and that my momentum of re-starting won't last. I should probably set some goals and do some brainstorming this weekend of blogging topics.

If we were having coffee today, I would tell you...
I finished a Nike+ training program last weekend. It was 8 weeks of running and bodyweight workouts. It was fun, and I loved knowing exactly what my workout plan was for the week. The plan was only 4 workouts a week, but next time I think I'll have it plan 5 a week program for me.

Get More Fit Nike+ training program

I haven't started a new program yet. I think I'll probably take it easy in Nov with some yoga and just doing my own thing, and then start a new program in Dec.

If we were having coffee today, I would tell you...
I can't wait for the #RWRunStreak to start again on Thanksgiving, but I'm not sure how I want to do it this time around. When I did the summer one, I added an extra challenge of running/walking in a different location every single day. I even documented it with a video every day. I would like to actually be able to run every day this time around - instead of having some walk days sprinkled in. Is that enough to bring it to another level? Should I do a video every day again? A new location every day? Hmmm. I'd love to hear what you think I should do!

If you'd like, you can watch all my videos from the summer streak in this playlist!



If we were having coffee today, I would tell you...
While I love fall, I'm super excited that Starbucks has started offering their holiday drinks already! I had a peppermint mocha yesterday, and it was SO good!! It was the perfect start to my Friday.

I feel I've rambled on enough during our coffee sesh today! Now, it's time to catch up with everyone else! Be sure to visit our hosts Coco and Deborah and everyone else who is sipping coffee with us this morning!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Twitter → @EnjoytheCourse
Instagram → enjoyingthecourse
Facebook → EnjoyingtheCourse
Google+ → Enjoying the Course
Pinterest → clarindad

20 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm glad you're "back" and so glad you joined us for coffee! I should check out the Nike Training App. After my OTF Hell Week, I'm at a bit of a loss of what to do next.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Coco! So glad that the Ultimate Coffee Date is still happening. You should definitely check out the Nike app. I really enjoyed it.

      Delete
  2. Glad to have you back! RE the run streak: I don't run on consecutive days so last year we did a workout streak in our running group instead so people could pick their activity. It was very popular!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Deborah. I don't do streak very often, but it's a nice challenge for me from time-to-time. Workout streaks are fun, too. :-)

      Delete
  3. Fun recap! Blog breaks are always a good thing if they help you refocus and get a well needed rest! I thought of doing the Nike workouts, so I am glad to hear you had a good experience!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! My break was supposed to be permanent, but after 16 months, I decided on a revival.

      Delete
  4. I have done the RWRunStreak the past three years. My big challenge is dong every run outside (mission accomplished last year). I'm in Iowa and sometimes it gets a bit chilly and snow-filled ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I grew up in MN, so I totally understand the challenge of running outside in the winter. :) Now I live in Vegas, so year-round running is totally do-able. I've never done the winter RWRunStreak - only the summer - so I'm excited to be able to do it this year.

      Delete
  5. It is so nice to see you back, it's been a while! I'm sure you'll get back into blogging mode before you know it! I did the #RWRunstreak once, but I just don't think my body is up to it, especially once I run the Philly marathon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Janelle! You definitely need to listen to your body. Streaking isn't for everyone. 😄

      Good luck at Philly!

      Delete
  6. Welcome back! I took sometime off this summer and jumped right back in like you did. You will back in the swing of things in no time. I am considering the #RWRunstreak just to get myself out the door and running again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Missy! I shut down my blog 16 months ago, but decided to revive it. 🤗 You should do the streak, too!! 👊

      Delete
  7. Welcome back! Good luck with the streak! I don't do well on streaks, the only thing I can manage to do every single day is breathe and eat! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Normally, I'm pretty much the same way, but sometimes I like to streak. 😂😂😂

      Delete
  8. I have a love/hate relationship with NTC - I'll do the program for a while and fall off the wagon. Good thing it's always kind of changing things up and has lots of different activities! Welcome back to blogging :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jennifer! 😊 This was the first NTC Program I had ever done, though I've used the Nike running app for awhile. It was very motivating for me.

      Delete
  9. Yay! Welcome back to blogging! :] I've used the Nike+ thing a couple times but haven't for a while--I'll have to check it out again! I'm sure everything's changed since I last used it!

    A peppermint mocha would be so good right now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Farrah! Yeah, they did a pretty big overhaul a few months ago, and I really like it. Except that Android users can't auto-share to FB at the start of a run anymore, and get cheers along the way. 😥

      Can't beat a peppermint mocha!

      Delete
  10. I am not a streaker! Not good for this old body. Whatever floats your boat!

    I do like having a plan so that I don't have to think about my workouts, though. Right now I don't have one. It's mostly about maintaining my fitness/endurance for the next 3 weeks and my next half -- then it'll be time to think about a plan for the next half after that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Planning and training for a half is so fun! Best of luck!!

      Delete