Sunday, March 3, 2013

I'm so proud!

Last weekend, and the beginning of last was a mix of busyness and lack of posting motivation, so I missed out on sharing with you my 10 most regrettable purchases. Sad face. I've got some douzies, too. I could still share them with you, but instead I'll stick to the theme...

10 THINGS I'M PROUD OF


In no particular order...
  1. Running a marathon. Not just one, but two. Yes, my last marathon was nearly 10 years ago. No, I'm not sure if I'll run another one. Still, I think it's something worthy being proud of.

  2. Obtaining my masters degree. When finished my bachelor's, I vowed to never go to grad school, and although, I'm not currently doing anything with it, I'm proud that I pursued it and stuck with it even when I wanted to quit.

  3. Living without a car for a year and a half. I recognize it's not for everyone, but we were living in a place that was so convenient for us to live without a car. It wasn't without difficulties. In fact, it was actually quite fun.

  4. Commuting by bike. We're back to owning a vehicle, and we don't exactly live in a place were living without a car would be 100% feasible, but I'm still very proud to say that I often bike to work. It's been lacking in the winter months, but I'm excited to get back to it with more frequency.

  5. Ending up in Las Vegas. If you know the story, we were headed to Belize but stopped in Vegas, so I could enjoy a mini college reunion with some old friends. We loved it, and the low cost of living, so much that we decided to stay.

  6. Marrying Jeff. My life is so much better with him by my side.

  7. Navigating the dirt, jungle roads of Costa Rica at night, with very limited Spanish. Imagine the worst possible road in America, and that might be close to the condition of the highways in Costa Rica. It was quite an adventure navigating through all that (Jeff was driving).

  8. Creating spreadsheets at work. My workload increased vastly when my boss realized I was pretty good with spreadsheets. Now that I've created a few to track sales, etc, I love the work I've done as much as I love keeping them updated. Does that make me a dork?

  9. Agreeing to buy Sallie. I really couldn't imagine life without my cute little snuggle-bug. It took Jeff a lot to convince me to bring her home from the Animal Humane Society, but I'm grateful every single day that we did.

  10. Making yumminess in the kitchen. I only wish I did it more often. There is still a lot I could learn about nutrition and eating healthy, but I'm trying.

What are you most proud of?

Twitter → @EnjoytheCourse
Instagram → enjoyingthecourse
Facebook → EnjoyingtheCourse
Google+ → Enjoying the Course
Pinterest → clarindad

32 comments:

  1. You have a lot to be proud of! Enjoyed learning a bit about you thru this list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a really great list! It says a lot about you - in a very good way! And I'm pretty much in awe of the Costa Rican jungle roads at night - ack!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ally! The Costa Rican roads certainly made for a fun adventure. :) It really wasn't too bad, actually.

      Delete
  3. Marathons, master's degree, commuting by bike--love it! I haven't done any of these, so I admire you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You really re such a neat lady! And a whole lotta fun. Living in the moment and responsibly. And Sallie is the cutest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, your list is great. I'm so impressed by number four. I'm not a full time bike commuter (especially now since my bike got stolen last month) but I have used it at least part of the time the last few years for my commute to work. I love(d) it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry your bike got stolen! When I first started my job back in Sept, I was a full time bike commuter, but then winter came and I got cold and lazy and started driving. Hopefully March will be my comeback. :)

      Delete
  6. This is a great. Important to remember what your proud of instead of what hasn't gotten done yet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true! Sometimes we get so caught up in what hasn't happened yet or what we might have done differently.

      Delete
  7. Great list! You ending up in Vegas, sounds like us ending up in the small rural town we live in now. I fell in love with it... and wasn't looking anywhere else. I could care less I am forever away from malls and big cities.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome. If my husband had his way, we'd live on a catamaran out on the ocean. For now, we'll stick to Vegas until we figure out ways to make money remotely.

      Delete
  8. I love that you bike to work! Lots to be proud of:) And so glad you got talked into getting Sallie, I don't know what I would do without my sweet pups:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Running a marathon, no matter how many years ago is definitely something to be proud of! As are all of your other accomplishments. Great list! I am not even sure how I would manage without a car... but I'd love to try I think. Or at least try biking and walking way more than I currently do. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jessica. Sometimes I get too hard on myself for not keeping up with my running after my marathons. :(

      You should totally try biking and walking more. It's so much fun! :)

      Delete
  10. Wonderful list...Costa Rica roads are SCARRY...Especially in a rental...we were warned.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All too often those kind of warnings fall on deaf ears. Like when people told us that it got cold in Vegas during the winter. Not as cold as MN, mind you, but still COLD!

      Delete
  11. I think those are all wonderful things of which to be proud. :)

    As for me, it's making it through the six and a half years of long distance my husband and I did before getting married. Everyone kept telling us it would never work and yet, here are, married for five a half years and together for twelve later this month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! That is amazing, and definitely something to be proud of. :)

      Delete
  12. Two marathons! Wow! and grad school! I keep thinking of getting a master's and then I find an excuse not to... sooner or later! Awesome list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I can be terrible sometimes about discrediting these accomplishments, so it's good to force myself to be proud of them once in awhile. :)

      Delete
  13. There is nothing wrong is spreadsheet love.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, great list! Awesome that you've done the marathons and lived for so long without a car. I can't believe you went to visit LV and then just stayed. My sister did that. She came to visit me in Chicago many years ago from our family home in VA. Then she stayed! So glad she did.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So fun to have your sister stay! I bet you influenced that decision at least a little bit. :)

      Delete
  15. How awesome that you love your work and where you live. Great list! Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  16. Certainly a lot to be proud of! Pets can be such a huge blessing in our lives. I'm not sure what I would do without our dogs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was never a dog, pet, or any animal really, person until we got Sallie. Now, I love them all - especially her, of course!

      Delete