Sunday, December 3, 2017

Run Laughlin Half Marathon Training Week 10

If you follow me on IG, then you already know how this ends. :-)

I had the best half marathon yesterday - and not just because I got that PR was I hoping for. It was a gorgeous course, and I was just having a great time for all of the miles. I'll have a full recap on Tuesday, but first, here's how the final week of training went down.

Run Laughlin Half Marathon Training Recap

Training Recap Week 10: 11/27 - 12/03

Monday, 11/27
Plan - REST
Actual - 1 easy mile with Sallie



Tuesday, 11/28
Plan - Recovery Run | 4.50 miles | Easy pace
Actual - 3.79 miles | 37:59 | 10'01" pace + 1.09 miles | 11:53 | 10'55" pace
I actually packed my running stuff, so I could meet up with a running group after work. I didn't test my headlamp until after we started running. It wouldn't turn on, so I just carried a dead headlamp the entire time! Thank goodness there were enough other people with lights and some street lights, too. The group run was lots of fun!


When I was nearly home, I realized I hadn't turned on Charity Miles for my run so I went out for another mile when I got home.



Wednesday, 11/29
Plan - REST
Actual - 1 easy mile with Sallie



Took it nice and easy for the final week of training, and then @EnjoytheCourse KILLED it on race day.

Thursday, 11/30
Plan - Recovery Run | 2.25 miles | Easy pace
Actual - 2.9 miles | 32:53 | 11'20" pace
Took it slow and easy. I was a tiny bit hard on myself for such a slow pace, but tried to make it ok by saying I needed to save my speed for race day. My pace was also a bit slower because I took about a thousand pics of my shadow while running. LOL I was having a hard time getting one I loved and finally gave up and settled on this one. :D



Friday, 12/01
Plan - REST
Actual - 1 easy mile with Sallie



Saturday, 12/02
Plan - RACE DAY!!
Actual - 13.1 miles | 2:04:35 | 9'31" pace
Race day turned out better than I could have imagined, and I can't wait share the whole story with you. Be sure to come back on Tuesday to read all about it! The weather was perfect. The scenery was gorgeous. I felt strong and couldn't help but smile the entire race - especially the last few miles. It really came together so perfectly. I definitely succeeded in both goals - Have Fun & PR - during the race and really couldn't be happier with race day.




Sunday, 12/03
Plan - REST
Actual - 1 easy mile with Sallie & Jeff
Out of the blue this morning, Jeff said he wanted to run with me and Sallie. Who was I to say no? :-) One mile done with my two loves.

Where's my treat, momma?


Numbers
Runs: 8 runs | 24.94 total miles
Strength: 0 days
Yoga: 0 sessions
#RWRunStreak: 11 Days (out of 40)


Next week's meals:
I've just not been in the mood to meal plan lately. Here are some non-recipes that I'm hoping to give me some inspiration for the week. Still trying to rely mostly on staples already in the cupboards.

Breakfast:
Blueberry chia overnight oats

Lunch:
PBJs
Tuna sandwiches

Dinner:
Some kind of ground beef / instant potato creation
Some kind of chicken and rice casserole


I'm linking up today with Tricia & Holly for the Weekly Wrap. Have a fantastic week!!

Twitter → @EnjoytheCourse
Instagram → enjoyingthecourse
Facebook → EnjoyingtheCourse
Google+ → Enjoying the Course
Pinterest → clarindad

13 comments:

  1. I have still not gotten on board with the overnight oats. I need to! I am trying to do the Run Streak as well. So far so good. Good luck with yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took me awhile to get on board, too, but now they're just so easy. I usually heat them up before eating, if it's the cold oats that turn you off.

      Good luck with the streak!

      Delete
  2. Glad the race turned out so well. Can't wait to read about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the PR! I can't help but wonder if your goal having fun played a factor in the PR happening as well? I seem to run faster (and "easier") when I don't try so hard LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the PR! But, I think feeling strong and happy for the whole race is the best thing of all. Nothing beats that feeling. I hope you are still riding high on cloud nine. You earned it. Thanks for linking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't agree more! It was such an incredible feeling with the PR just being a cherry on top.

      Delete
  5. Congratulations girl! That is an incredible finish time ...I know you are so happy! I'll be anxious to read all about it in the recap.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It so frustrating when I forget. :D

    My recap is live here, if you want to check it out.

    ReplyDelete