Sunday, May 21, 2017

Week in Review - 5/21

I can hardly believe that I just finished Week 4 of the Bikini Series! Halfway done!! It's going by so fast. Must be my hard work and commitment that's making it fly by. ;-)

The workouts have been TOUGH, but I find myself looking forward to them each morning. I like how there's a mix of videos, live workouts (I've only done 2, but they have 2 each week), and Daily Moves.

I meant to take some halfway done pics, but my day got away from me.
Maybe at the end of Week 5.

Goal Check-In:
NO Fast Food ✔
Starbucks 1x per week ✔
72 oz of water a day ✔
Stick to the workout plan ✔
Sub 10:00 min/mile - Current avg pace: 10:29
Lose 10 lbs - ↓ 5.6 lbs (yes, I gained a little last week, but it's OK.)

May 15-21
(click picture to visit me on DailyMile)

Bikini Series Week 4 Schedule

On The ScheduleWhat I Did
Mon:Cardio + Abs5 DMs  (3 sets of 15 each side) + 3 mile run
Standing Knee to Elbow Crunches + Triangles + Rock the Boats + Tilts + V-Sit Crunches
Tue:BootyBooty Burn + 5 DMs  (3 sets of 15 each side)
Kettle Braced Squats + Kettlebell Swings + Kettlebell Sumo Squats + Curtsy Lunges + Bridge Dips
Wed:HIITSandy Sweat + 5 DMs  (3 sets of 15 each side)
Bridge March + Single Leg Deadlift + Burpee&Shoulder Press + Pushup + Mountain Climbers
Thu:Yoga + Active RecoveryHealthy Body Yoga + 15-Minute Power Yoga Flow
Fri:ArmsTIU Flex Friday video + 30 min run
Sat:Total Body1.5 mile walk + Sunshine Sculpt
Sun:Sunday Runday + Booty5k run + InstaLive workout with Karena & Bobby
DMs = Daily Moves


Highlights of the Week:


My replacement phone arrived!
If you read my update last week, then you know that my phone randomly died on May 10. I did surprisingly well coping with life without a phone, but I was very glad to get the replacement and resume normal life. 😂

Jeff, Sallie, and I discovered a new park/trail
We are 100% committed to moving to a new apartment complex at the end of our lease (early next year), so we are spending the next several months organizing, purging, and most importantly, scoping out places to live. It's way too early to actually start talking to leasing offices, but we do want to start driving through areas/complexes that pique our interest. Yesterday, we checked out one that we think would be good, and then we headed to the big park less than a mile away. It wasn't a true trail per se, but we walked about 1.5 miles from the one park to the other. It was beautiful and would be fun to live to close to a great park.


If you look close, you can see that there is trail along the base of the Lone Mountain, which would be lots of fun to run regularly (I assume). You can also climb to the top of the mountain, if you want more of a workout. We didn't do any of that yesterday, though.


Sallie got pretty warm (it was mid-80s) and kinda flopped into this shady area, so we sat at the covered picnic table for awhile to let her cool down and stop the panting a bit.


SundayRunday 5k
I ran my normal route this morning, but tried to keep it a semi-tempo run. I still did walk breaks every half mile, but my speed is coming back! Overall, today's pace was about 10:05 min/mile. I was really starting to feel tired by 2.5 miles, though. I couldn't really push it the final half mile, but I didn't do any extra walking and feel pretty good about the run.


Skinny jeans
Even though I gained a little bit on the scale last week, I also slipped into an old pair of jeans I haven't been able to wear comfortably for a few years. I could zip and button them and even sit down OK, but still have a bit to go before being able to wear them all day at work. Still, it was pretty exciting for me. :)


How were your workouts last week? 
What was a highlight of your week?


I'm linking up today with Tricia & Holly for the Weekly Wrap.


Twitter → @EnjoytheCourse
Instagram → enjoyingthecourse
Facebook → EnjoyingtheCourse
Google+ → Enjoying the Course
Pinterest → clarindad

32 comments:

  1. Yay for jeans that fit again! I always judge where I'm at by how my clothes fit. I don't own a scale. I will say that my body is changing in ways that I'm not so excited about. Sigh....

    You're doing great, keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Wendy! It's always exciting to fit back into clothes that have just been hanging out in the closet. :)

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you are doing great on your plan - good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the goals you set and how you allow yourself that Starbucks treat once a week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I know I have one goal that is on the scale, but it's an optional goal. :) I like to make goals that show NSVs. I just couldn't give up Starbucks altogether. lol.

      Delete
  4. I think you're doing amazing on your goals! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Karen. Sallie pics always make me smile. I'm glad that make you smile, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always looked early when apartment hunting, and moving was when I purged a bit too. If I found something I hadn't used in a while, I didn't take it with me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When we moved into our complex 5 years ago, we didn't really shop around. Now, we definitely want to shop around and find the best place possible. :)

      Delete
  7. It sounds like you have been making some nice progress! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Not as much as I'd like, but I'm taking small victories right now. :)

      Delete
  8. Great job with getting in all those workouts! And fitting into old jeans, bonus! Such a great feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great accomplishment, even with slipping up a little! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You definitely have a full schedule of workouts! great goals too. It's hard to pick up pace in the summer heat huh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tend to run best in warm weather (60s-low 80s), but the high heat of summer will be here soon. :(

      Delete
  11. You are doing great! I need to get on that 72 oz of water thing! It's a wonderful rule of thumb to follow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My water bottle is 18 oz, so I try to drink 4 a day. I've been mostly really good about it with just a couple slip ups so far.

      Delete
  12. seems like it was a great week for you!
    I walked a lot, I biked a bit more than the week before, but my running wasn't a whole lot...

    we are thinking of trying to buy a house within the next two years - it's way off, BUT, like you I'm actually scoping out the neighbourhoods that I think we would enjoy living in, in the kind of house/space we want! It's good to already know where you want to be, especially when you want to be enjoying the outdoors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, exactly! Good luck to you in preparing to buy a house. :)

      Delete
  13. Congrats on your Bikini Series progress. Slipping into old jeans is one of the sweetest victories!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! I'm excited about it and hopeful that in another 4 weeks, they'll be super comfy for all day wear. :)

      Delete
  14. It feels great to get back into an old pair of jeans doesn't it?? Great job on your workouts too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are doing a great job with this challenge! Jeans don't lie! LOL! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We can always count on our jeans to tell us the truth, right?! lol

      Delete
  16. Great job with your workouts! You've really been putting in the work. That trail looks awesome, living near a running trail definitely has its perks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Currently, I live right in the urban city. It has it's perks at times, too, but I would LOVE to live in an area more runner friendly (and near other runners).

      Delete
  17. Congrats on a great week of sticking to your goals!! My highlight of the week was teaching my senior fitness classes. I always leave there with the warm fuzzies! <3

    ReplyDelete