Sunday, June 4, 2017

Week in Review - 6/04

OMG! Guys, when I stepped on the scale this morning, I broke the 160 barrier!! I could hardly believe it. It's been far too long since I'd seen a number under 160. It was definitely a nice surprise to start my day.

Only two more weeks left in the Bikini Series. I'm really excited about how well I've stuck to the workouts and how focused I've been on eating better. I'm hoping that much of it sticks around long after the series comes to an end.

Goal Check-In:
NO Fast Food ✔ technically, I was good this week, BUT I did break last Sunday after last week's update.
Starbucks 1x per week ✔ since I broke on Sunday with fast food, I decided ZERO Starbucks this week. Success!
72 oz of water a day ✔
Stick to the workout plan ✔
Sub 10:00 min/mile - Current avg pace: 10:20 with temps getting hotter and hotter, not sure I'm going to make sub-10 during this challenge. Maybe in the fall.
Lose 10 lbs - ↓ 8.4 lbs

May 29-Jun 4
(click picture to visit me on DailyMile)

Bikini Series Week 6 Schedule

On The ScheduleWhat I Did
Mon:Arms + Cardio5.3 mile Group Run + 5 DMs  (3 sets of 15 each side)
Arnold Press + Bridge Fly + Overhead Triceps Extension + V-Set & Curls + Toe Touch Crunches
Tue:Booty + LegsSculpt Tone Booty & Legs + 1 mile run +
5 DMs  (3 sets of 15 each side)
Box Side Lunge + Box Step ups + Kickbacks + Shuffle + Squat & Leg Abduction
Wed:Yoga HIITSandy Sweat + 1 mile run +  5 DMs  (3 sets of 15 each side)
Burpee&Upright Row + Deep Squat + Starfish Crunch + Side to Side Pushup + Switch Jumps
Thu:Abs + Cardio30 min run + 5 DMs  (3 sets of 15 each side)
Toe Touches + Hip Dips + Sit-ups + Side Crunches + Leg Lifts
Fri:Active Rest Day1 mile run + Stretching
Sat:Yoga Tone1 mile run + 60 min InstaLIVE Yoga Toning with Katrina
Sun:Sunday Runday + Booty4.5 mile run + Booty Burn
DMs = Daily Moves


Highlights of the Week:


National Burger Day
This probably shouldn't be a highlight, but we went to Jack in the Box last Sunday for National Burger Day, and OMG! It. tasted. so. good.


Memorial Day Group Run
If you read my May Report Card, then you probably already know that I finally made it out to a group run. My goal is 8 group runs this year, so I'm pretty excited that I finally got out for my first one. It was a run, but we also hiked to the summit of Lone Mountain.



Cinnamon Protein Iced Coffee
I made the most delicious protein iced coffee yesterday for the Ultimate Coffee Date.


#RWRunStreak
The summer Runner's World run streak started on Memorial Day. #37DaysofAwesome kind of snuck up on my, so we'll see if I make it to July 4th.


Broke the 160 barrier
I already mentioned this above, but it was so exciting to step on the scale this morning and see 159.2 on the scale. I know it's just a number, but it still feels really great. I never really put too much stock in the scale, but over the years the number just kept creeping, but it's nice to see some downward momentum.


What's a highlight from your week?
Did you enjoy a burger on National Burger Day?


I'm linking up today with Tricia & Holly for the Weekly Wrap.


Twitter → @EnjoytheCourse
Instagram → enjoyingthecourse
Facebook → EnjoyingtheCourse
Google+ → Enjoying the Course
Pinterest → clarindad

46 comments:

  1. Congrats on your weight goal! That has to be so rewarding.

    I did not know it was national burger day, but we are having hamburgers tomorrow, so hey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Wendy! I didn't know that last Sunday was national burger day either - until I get a text from Jack in the Box. lol.

      Delete
  2. Congrats on the weight loss and being able to stick to your plan. I really wish I was that dedicated. In my mind I wanted to lose a little weight before bikini season but I was lazy and didn't stick to the plan (or really even make a plan...haha).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. Yeah, I'm not usually this dedicated, either, but for some reason this bikini series really struck a chord with me and I've been working really hard. It's definitely gratifying to see/feel some progress.

      Delete
  3. Does your no Starbucks mean no coffee at all or just not calorie drinks from Starbucks? Congrats on the weight loss your hard work is paying off for sure

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I've still been drinking plenty of coffee. :) It doesn't seem worth it to me to buy black coffee at Starbucks, so when I go, I usually get some rich and delicious (and high in calories)

      Delete
  4. Congratulations on breaking through that milestone! I think we did have burgers last Sunday, now that I think of it. It was a great weekend for grilling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Coco! It's fun to know you celebrated even when you didn't realize it was a "holiday," right?! :D

      Delete
  5. Great job!

    I did not know about national burger day, but I haven't had a burger in a few weeks. I try to cook meals at home as much as I can to be healthy, but I do splurge. I've been splurging this past week with training done, but I'll get back to it this coming week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lesley! I try to eat a home most of the time, but I just couldn't resist the BOGO offer from jack in the box. lol.

      Delete
  6. Congrats on the scale victory. That is so sweet and your hard work is paying off. We no longer have Jack in the Box in these parts but a burger sounds delicious! I had the most amazing Thai BBQ tacos this weekend. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the successful weigh in! I'm not surprised at all as you have been working so hard :)

    Can you believe that I have never been to a Jack in the Box? I also had In and Out for the first time last Fall, lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I have been working really hard, but it's still a nice surprise for me. I think I was trying not to be too hopeful. :D

      I'm originally from MN where there are no Jack in the Box or In and Out locations, so when my family comes out they are usually on the to do list. lol.

      Delete
  8. I didn't even know about national burger day! :-(

    Congrats on doing so well on your goal check-in. You're rocking it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Deb! I probably wouldn't have known either, but I got a text message from Jack in the Box! lol

      Delete
  9. That is big progress towards your weight goal, that is fantastic! I am not burger eater so I missed that holiday- LOL! National Donut day sounded better! HA! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I missed out on National Donut Day. :( Not because I'm trying to eat better, but just because I didn't realize what day it was until too late.

      Delete
  10. Congratulations on breaking that number on the scale! It's nice to have something like that to show for all of the effort you've been putting in!

    That Lone Mountain summit pic looks beautiful ....great pose too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! That pose was much harder to grab a pic of. I kept falling over. lol. I felt a tiny bit bad for the person trying to take the pic. :-(

      Delete
  11. Hurray for the weight loss. It is so hard! You have been putting in the work though so good for you to be seeing some results!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Elle! I'm so pleased to be seeing some progress - both on and off the scale.

      Delete
  12. Way to go! Hard work and dedication!!! Looks like you had a great week of workouts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Anna! I'm really trying to focus and give it my all. :)

      Delete
  13. Congrats on your weight goal! I remember what an amazing feeling it was when I was losing weight. I felt like every pound was a victory. And then when I finally hit my goal weight it was like a weight had been lifted -- literally!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I set a 10-lb goal for this 8-week series. I wasn't very hopeful that I'd achieve it, but I'm getting pretty close. I don't want to stop there, though; I just wanted to start with a somewhat manageable number.

      Delete
  14. totally missed the National Burger Day...oh well. Congrats on the downward "spiral" on the scale ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great job on your progress, especially with the water intake and the workouts! I need to get back to working out again (and I'm super terrible about drinking enough water--I need to work on that too! x_x)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Drinking enough water has always been a struggle for me! I've missed a few days, but am overall really happy with how it's gone.

      Delete
  16. Make sure you're being careful with your pace goal. Maybe you'll get lucky and see a break in the heat and humidity, otherwise I agree, wait til the fall to work on reaching that goal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. I've pretty much just come to that conclusion. The heat is tough!

      Delete
  17. Congrats on breaking that weight barrier! What a great feeling!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Highlight from the week? Seeing little man cross the finish line at his second triathlon. So cool.

    Congratulations on hitting that number! You must be so proud! All that hard work is really paying off.

    I didn't celebrate National Burger Day, and I am totally jealous of your Jack In The Box. So yummy but we don't have it here. Womp womp. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats to Little Man! He's already done two more than me. :)

      Delete
  19. Congratulations on reaching the sub-160 milestone!! Your hard work has been paying off. I didn't even remember there was a RWRunstreak, I guess I missed the boat, haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. It really snuck up on me, but luckily I ran on Memorial Day before it was too late. :D

      Delete
  20. Congrats on meeting your weight goal!!! Hard work always pays off and it looks like you are doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congrats on your weight loss and crushing your goals! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Awesome progress! My daily goal is to drink about 80 oz of water too and I have yet to hit that lol. That is the hardest part for me when it comes to healthy lifestyle/losing weight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Patty! Drinking water, I think, will always be a goal of mine, because it's a real struggle! :)

      Delete