Sunday, December 24, 2017

What's been going on?

Not much, really.

I guess I kind of went radio silent after my amazing half marathon on Dec 2nd.

Here's what's been going on.

Workouts


Running
The #RWRunStreak is still going strong! I haven't missed a day since Thanksgiving. Most days have been the minimum 1 mile, but I've done a few longer runs as well.

Yesterday was the last day of the #CharityMilesCheer challenge as well. It was fun and extra motivation to get out the door!


I love the CharityMiles app! I tend to stick to a few favorite charities, but the badges from this 12-day challenge made me realize just how much good the app does and the variety of charities available.

Yoga
After my race, I did a week of yoga! Below are a few of the videos I did on YouTube.



Tone It Up
I started doing Tone It Up workouts again. And man, did they kill me! My abs, in particular. I can't remember the last time my abs were so sore. Just a good reminder of how much I need to do them.


Life

It's a good thing I like to workout in the early morning because my evenings have mostly been
L-A-Z-Y.

It's been a lot of lounging around and watching TV.

We binge watched Bunheads. This was a really great show! Too bad it only ran for 18 episodes with huge cliffhangers.

I also started watching This is Us. OMG! Such well written show. So much drama. I don't want to admit how many episodes have brought me to tears.

The 21st was our 13th anniversary. The traditional gift for 13 years is lace, so I baked a cake and decorated it with some edible lace.


I really love how well it turned out.

We kept our celebrations pretty low-key with dinner (hamburgers and asparagus) at home and a couple movies with Lacey Chabert (to continue the lace theme). We watched Slightly Single in L.A. first. I wouldn't really recommend it. It wasn't all that entertaining. Then we watched Ghosts of Girlfriends Past, which we've seen many times and knew it wouldn't disappoint.

That's about it!


What's been going on with you the past few weeks?

I'm linking up today with Tricia & Holly for the Weekly Wrap. If you celebrate Christmas, I hope you are having a fantastic holiday weekend!!

Twitter → @EnjoytheCourse
Instagram → enjoyingthecourse
Facebook → EnjoyingtheCourse
Google+ → Enjoying the Course
Pinterest → clarindad

9 comments:

  1. I like the charity miles app, but I don't use it often because I don't always run with my phone :( I wish there was a way to link it to my Garmin watch.

    Happy Anniversary! You did an absolutely beautiful job on the cake!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish it would link to my Garmin, too. I sometimes have issues with the Charity Miles app restarting mid-run.

      Thank you on the cake!

      Delete
  2. Hard to believe the Streak is almost over, huh! I've done all of my runs outside (thus far)...hoping to end it that way as well. I have not seen every episode of This Is Us, but almost every one I have seen has left me a blubbering mess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Streak has really kind of breezed right by, hasn't it?! I'm not all caught up on This is Us, either, but definitely agree on the blubbering mess. :)

      Delete
  3. Happy belated anniversary! That cake is amazing ..I'm very impressed with your baking skills!! We love This is Us as well ...very well done and always a tear jerker! Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The lace hid a lot of the frosting mistakes and helped make the cake look pretty decent. :)

      Delete
  4. I love yoga and these videos are truly helpful and practical, Clarinda! Your anniversary cake is astonishing! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!

      YouTube and yoga work great together. I find a lot of great videos.

      Delete
  5. Happy 13th Belated Anniversary. The cake baked by you looks very tasty.
    These videos are amazing and very helpful.

    ReplyDelete