Wednesday, February 13, 2013

5 Simple Reasons to Love Running

There's just something about running. I love it.

5 Reasons to Love Running

Sometimes, I can't help but think WHY! It often hurts. It can be time-consuming. Sometimes people look at me funny. Sometimes I feel like people judge me.

Plus, I'm not necessarily a very good runner. I'm pretty average when it comes to pace and endurance. I'm far from a fanatic. I don't spend a lot of time talking about running or researching the best gear or latest toys. Outside of this blog, of course.

But you know what? IT DOESN'T MATTER. Despite all of that, I still love running.

I Love Running!

5 simple reasons to love running.


In no particular order.


Running clothes are super cute and comfy. 

Next to yoga clothes, I'm not sure anything beats running clothes. I mean, you can get by without wearing a bra or undies - cuz they come built it. 😜


Running makes me happy and feel alive. 

There's just something about getting that heart pumping and sweat flowing. It brings an energy that just makes me smile. Yes, even when it hurts - though sometimes not exactly in the moment. 😂

What simple reasons get you to lace up your #running shoes? Check out @EnjoytheCourse's 5 Simple Reasons to Love Running! #runchat

Running allows me to have lots of little personal victories. 

It's such a personal sport where you can challenge yourself to go just a tiny bit further - in time, distance, pace. You name it! It's 100% customizable, and when you've pushed yourself and beaten even the tiniest of goals, you just feel so. damn. good!


Running gets me outside. 

If it weren't for running, I'd hardly leave my house. I certainly wouldn't explore my neighborhood as much as I do. It's a great excuse to get out there and enjoy the weather.


Running can be done anywhere. 

I'm not going to lie. I'm sometimes a pretty lazy runner. I love that I can just lace up and run from right out my front door. Or if I'm travelling wish I could do this more often! I can run in the neighborhood of the hotel/resort. Can't ever forget to pack the running shoes!!

5 Reasons to Love Running


Why do you love running?
What makes you wanna lace up those shoes and get out there?

Twitter → @EnjoytheCourse
Instagram → enjoyingthecourse
Facebook → EnjoyingtheCourse
Google+ → Enjoying the Course
Pinterest → clarindad

6 comments:

  1. I love running, too, and like you, I'm not a fanatic or the best, but I love it for all the reasons you do. (Well, except the no panties thing. I know they're built in, but I just can't handle it. I blame my mother and her insistence on clean panties for the ER in case I'm in an accident.)

    I haven't been able to run for about a year now for various reasons (the biggest one being my stupid knee) but if I'm upset, I know I can get in the zone and not think. If it's pretty outside, I just have to go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! I hope your knee stops being stupid soon. There's not much worse that not being able to run when you want to.

      Delete
  2. I also love running. It's a great sort of physical activity which boosts your immune power, encourages you stay focus and also refreshes your body and mind which is quite essential in our daily activities.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Running is such a great release and I love that for me it's about enjoying the run. I try not to lose sight of how lucky I am to be able to do something I love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Obviously it's about enjoying the run for me, too. And just being outside - something I really don't do enough of.

      Delete