Wednesday, February 6, 2013

They're back

Whiny Wednesdays

At least for this week.

I'm feeling a little whiny/grumpy/whateveryouwanttocallit, and thought it was time for a little Whiny Wednesday. Surprisingly, this is the first one of 2013, so I guess I'm doing pretty good. :-)

This morning, I declared this to be a REST day. I probably shouldn't have, but I just wasn't feeling it. After making this decision, I decided to step on the scale. THIS WAS A MISTAKE! I gained 3 pounds since the last time I stepped on. This wasn't terribly surprising since I've been feeling so hungry lately that I've been eating WAY too much. 

This should have motivated me to work out, but it didn't. Instead I decided to clean up my Inbox while eating breakfast (leftover pancakes with sliced bananas and maple syrup. Yum!) and watching GH.

Remember, how I wanted to ride my bike to work everyday in February? I don't know what I did exactly, but somehow I seem to have injured my coccyx (cuz that's more fun to say than tailbone) - making biking a wee bit painful. It seemed to be fine riding into work Monday morning, but the ride home was quite painful uncomfortable. I'm sure it's nothing serious, but it's irritating enough to keep me off my bike. Even sitting at work is annoying, but what's a girl to do? It's certainly not painful enough to call in sick.

I need more money. Doesn't everyone?? Jeff wants to buy all these things to improve our apartment and make our life more comfortable, but I'd rather grin and bear it and spend the money on trips to CA and/or races and/or nights out in Vegas. I'm trying to get on board with buying new appliances, but it's so hard for me to make that a priority. What if we don't end up staying in our apartment for at least 5 years? That's our current plan. Are new appliances, among other things, really necessary?

I mentioned my coccyx, but really I'm feeling a bit achy all over. I know some of it is still residual from Saturday's PR - the good kind of pain that reminds me of a job well done, but also my foot still hurts and I've added a little shin pain to the mix. Oh joy!

Also, I've been feeling fat lately. I know, I know. I'm not FAT, but sometimes I just feel like my tummy could really be a bit flatter. You only see pics of me really sucking it in. :-)

With feeling fat, comes feeling unattractive. I even got dressed this morning in my frumpiest looking outfit. I ended up changing into a different sweater before leaving the house, but honestly, it's not much better.

Ok. Enough with the whine! Time for lunch outside in the sunshine. That always makes me smile!

What are you whining about today?

Twitter → @EnjoytheCourse
Instagram → enjoyingthecourse
Facebook → EnjoyingtheCourse
Google+ → Enjoying the Course
Pinterest → clarindad

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Gina! It helps a lot to just get it all out there. Well, that doesn't help the coccyx so much, but you get what I mean. :)

      Delete
  2. I'm so glad that I'm not the only one that has Whiny Wednesdays. I had a Wednesday and a Thursday. It's great that this is your first on this year. Way to go. http://www.runnersky.net/_blog/Blog/post/The_Sunrise_Calls_to_all_to_Come_Out_and_Run/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Gina! :) Oh, I've had other whiny days this year. I just didn't blog about them. LOL.

      Delete
  3. You are definitely not the only one to have those kinds of days. Maybe your body is telling you it needs a little more recovery time. Hang in there! (and I hope your coccyx feels better!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oddly, I think the biking is easier on my coccyx because I can adjust positions more easily. Driving the van, I pretty much have to sit in the same exactly position the entire time. :( Still I'm driving today because the wind is like 20mph! Yikes!!

      Delete