Sunday, April 7, 2013

1st Week in Review - April

Since Feb and March were pretty much flops for me, I actually made some goals for April. Goals without accountability are often lost of deaf ears, so I decided to, at least for April, do a quick review post on Sundays.

So far so good on my two challenges. I haven't missed a single day. Though there was that one day that I almost forgot about the 50 at 50 Challenge.


Yesterday's 50 at 50 exercise was calf raises. They didn't seem so bad until I tried to walk this morning. At least the scenery was pretty.


I successfully ran 3x this week, though not on the days I'd hoped. I did some speed work on Wednesday morning and I wanted to die. I ran my slowest 5K in forever Friday night after work and I wanted to die. I ran 8.8 miles today and my phone wanted to die. Actually my phone did die, Well, it didn't actually die, it just decided to spontaneously restart. and it made me want to cry. Mostly because it meant that the 8 CharityMiles I ran didn't register. *sad face*

And finally, I wanted to ride my bike to work at least 3 times a week. I really tried to make this goal, but I only ended up biking twice. That said, I did bike to the thrift store yesterday, so that kind of counts, right?

The Break-down

Monday, 4/1
  • Cardio - high knees, butt kickers, jumping jacks, burpees, jogging in place, squat jumps
  • Arms & Abs Challenge - 25 crunches, 25 scissors, 50 crossover crunches
  • 50 at 50 Challenge - 50 squats
  • Commute to/from work
Tuesday, 4/2
  • 50 jumping jacks
  • Arms & Abs Challenge - 15 bicep curls, 15 tricep extensions, 15 hammer curls, 15 tricep kickbacks
  • 50 at 50 Challenge - 50 push-ups
Wednesday, 4/3
  • Speedwork (treadmill) - 2.92 miles. Intervals at 6.5 and 8.4 speeds
  • Arms & Abs Challenge - 60 second plank grouping (center, side, center, other side) 2x
  • 50 at 50 Challenge - 50 sec plank
  • Commute to/from work
Thursday, 4/4
  • 25 jumping jacks
  • Arms & Abs Challenge - 10 pushups, 20 front arm raises, 20 lateral arm raises, 20 side bent arms raises
  • 50 at 50 Challenge - 50 high knees (each leg)
Friday, 4/5
  • 5 by the 5th Virtual Race (5K)
  • Arms & Abs Challenge - Banana rolls. Hold each direction 5-10 seconds. Roll for 2 min. Complete 2x.
  • 50 at 50 Challenge - 50 dorsal raises
Saturday, 4/6
  • Biked to/from the thrift store. 9.22 miles.
  • Arms & Abs Challenge - 10 push-ups every hour from 4pm to 9pm
  • 50 at 50 Challenge - 50 calf raises
Sunday, 4/7
  • Ran 8.8 miles
  • Arms & Abs Challenge - REST
  • 50 at 50 Challenge - 50 second tree pose (each leg)

How's your April turning out? What did you do this weekend?

Twitter → @EnjoytheCourse
Instagram → enjoyingthecourse
Facebook → EnjoyingtheCourse
Google+ → Enjoying the Course
Pinterest → clarindad

10 comments:

  1. You make me feel like a lazy slob. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Stasy! :) I just do what I can. That was a particularly good week. ;)

      Delete
  2. Great job Clarinda! Glad to see you're keeping up with the 50 @ 50!! Thanks for joining in :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for hosting a great challenge! The calf raises on Saturday were killer; I'm only now beginning to walk normal again. :)

      Delete
  3. Wow you did great Clarinda! Did you find anything good at the thrift store?;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job! Oooh, my friend took me thrift store shopping while she was visiting. Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You had a great week! Totally impressive! I did the Shamrock Shuffle in Chicago this weekend so my week went pretty well. :)

    ReplyDelete