Monday, April 1, 2013

Happy April!

Happy April! It's a Monday, the start of a new month, and the first day of Q2. It can't be anything but a great day, right?!

As I mentioned in yesterday's March in Review post, my fitness 2013 goals have really been slipping the past two months.

TODAY I BEGIN TO RE-FOCUS!

I'm starting two fitness challenges.


and


The first one is a challenge I attempted last April. I don't think I made it more than a week or two, so I'm hoping to have better stick-with-it-ness this year. :)

The second challenge is one I convinced +Jeff to do with me. I'm excited to have a challenge to work together on. Hopefully we'll be able to encourage and motivate each other to complete this successfully. Together.

In addition to these to challenges, I'd like to run 3x each week. I'd like to do some kind of speed work on Tuesdays, run 3-6 miles on Thursdays, and run 8-12 miles on Saturdays. The long distances on Saturdays are a little ambitious, but hopefully by the end of the month, I'll be where I want to be.

Lastly, I'd like to bike a minimum of 3 days each week to work. Ideally, I'd like to bike every work day, but I'm trying to be realistic. So, here's to biking at least 13x!!

What do you have planned for April?

Twitter → @EnjoytheCourse
Instagram → enjoyingthecourse
Facebook → EnjoyingtheCourse
Google+ → Enjoying the Course
Pinterest → clarindad

10 comments:

  1. You are very inspirational! Where do you find your motivation when you are tired? That's my biggest issue:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That really means a lot. :-) I struggle with finding motivation when I'm tired, too. All too often it means skipping a workout. I try not to be too hard on myself when that happens, though. The mirror is my best motivator. Also I try to get a workout in before work, instead of waiting until after when I just want to veg.

      Delete
  2. I have an 8K this weekend so this week will be finishing up the prep for that. Then I decided to go ahead and continue training for a 10K and then move up to a half. Additionally, I should finish up my Pilates Certification this month. I do a lot of Pilates!

    I love the first challenge that you picked. Sometimes I feel like my arm work is lacking. I can't imagine biking even one time a week so doing it three times a week sounds amazing to me.

    Happy April!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck at your 8K this weekend. That's a fun, solid distance. Of course, I've only run one race of that distance and that was many years ago. Enjoy training for the 10K and the half, too. Impressive to tackle those. :)

      You should totally join in on the arms and abs challenge!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. It's kind of rare, but after Feb and Mar, I decided to give it a shot. :)

      Delete
  4. This month I am tapering before my marathon and then recovering after. I am just following my schedule the best I can and trying to stretch/foam roll a lot.
    I find having challenges and schedules is the only thing that keeps me on track. Hope you enjoy your two.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's sounds great, Abby! Good luck at your marathon. :)

      So far so good with my April challenges. Yay!

      Delete
  5. Hope your challenges for April are going great!

    ReplyDelete