Saturday, July 1, 2017

Ultimate Coffee Date - July 2017

Happy July! This year is FLYING BY! Since it's the first Saturday of the month, it's time for the Ultimate Coffee Date! I love catching up with some of my favorite bloggers over virtual coffee each month.

Since June was over before I even knew it, I don't really have a lot to share. I already talked about all my summer plans in June's coffee date.

If we were having coffee today... I'd tell you how much a love that there is a radio station here in Vegas that replays old Casey Kasem American Top 40 broadcasts on the weekends. Today, I'm listening to the top 40 songs from June 30, 1984. Good times, I tell ya! As I was typing this, it was Wang Chung's Dance Hall Days. I don't know why but 80s music just makes me smile. I mean I was only *almost* 7 when this broadcast was live, but I still love it! I love not only the music in these broadcasts, but also all the stories that Casey tells.

If we were having coffee today... I'd give you a sneak peek at my birthday challenge. It will start on July 12th. It's a 30-day fitness challenge. I'll have all the details live on the blog next week. Probably Wed or Thu. Basically, it's 40 reps of a different exercise each day for 30 days plus 10 fun bonus activities that aren't necessarily fitness. I'd ask your opinion on this social media image I created. Do you like it? I'm not sure I love it, so I'd love your feedback.


I created a printable calendar, and my coworker said it should include my picture. I told her maybe I'd put my face on the social images instead. 😉 So, that's why I included a couple pictures on this one.

If we were having coffee today... I'd tell you how excited I am for the holiday weekend. We don't really have any plans, but we are hoping to go for a hike on Monday. July is going to be busy with my birthday challenge and BlogFest, so I'm hoping to get our new trail for the month done this weekend.

That's really all I've got today!

What would you want to talk about if we were having coffee today? How's your summer going? Are you working on Monday? Do you like 80s music, or whatever music was popular when you were 7? 😊


Thanks for joining me for some coffee today and hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend! Be sure to stop by our lovely hosts Deborah and Coco to catch up over coffee with some other amazing bloggers.

Twitter → @EnjoytheCourse
Instagram → enjoyingthecourse
Facebook → EnjoyingtheCourse
Google+ → Enjoying the Course
Pinterest → clarindad

20 comments:

  1. I love the 80's music and that is cool that the radio station plays old top 40 recaps! I like the social media image- sounds like a great way to spend some birthday energy! Have a great 4th!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mary Beth! I hope you join in the birthday fun. :)

      Delete
  2. I love the idea of that radio station playing all the great 80's songs. Not such a big ban of the music lately that has come out. Your birthday challenge sounds fun can't wait to hear more. Thanks for joining us for coffee today

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like a lot of today's current music, too, but there's just something fun about the 80s.

      Delete
  3. I love that there is a replay of all the Casey Kasem countdowns! I wish I could find that here.

    Your birthday challenge sounds fun and I love the image!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The do a broadcast from the 80s Saturday mornings and from the 70s Sunday mornings. It's really fun.

      Delete
  4. I loved the 80's music!!! I also used to listen to Kasey each week...it's fun hearing the flashback broadcasts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it! They play one from the 80s on Saturday mornings and one from the 70s on Sunday mornings. :) The stories are so fun - well, and the music of course!

      Delete
  5. Yay for printable calendars! They help so much with staying organized! :]

    I hope you get to go on a hike on Monday! I was supposed to go on one today but it was rainy so we had to postpone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! I hope you get to go soon. :)

      The calendar will be available for download next week when I post all the details for the challenge. I hope people find it helpful.

      Delete
  6. Loved 80s music! And I like your challenge image. I'll have to check back to get the details!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Michelle! I hope you come back; I think it will be a fun challenge.

      Delete
  7. Dance Hall Days ... I graduated hs in 1984! Sounds like a great month ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We checked out a new trail this morning. We've been to the park before, but toured via car, not foot. Unfortunately the amount of water & puddles made it difficult . . . we'd both like to go back sometime when it's dryer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One good thing about hiking in the desert is that it's rare you run into too much water or too many puddles. :-D I hope you get a chance to go back.

      Delete
  9. I like your social media image - looking forward to seeing what you have planned for the big 4-0 challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Taking a hike sounds like a great way to spend the holiday weekend to me! I hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jennifer! We ended up just doing stuff around the house and pushed the hike off to next weekend. :)

      Delete