Sunday, July 9, 2017

Week in Review - 7/09

I took Monday off this past week, so I could have a nice 4-day weekend! It was so nice to have a couple extra days off. I'd like to say to sleep in, but... those were the last 2 days of the RW Run Streak. Soooo, no sleeping in. Instead, early morning runs to beat some of the heat. 💦

At least I didn't have to worry about getting back in time to get ready for work. That was nice!

Hope everyone had an enjoyable 4th.


Workouts:


M - 1 mile run + Yoga/Stretching/Foam Rolling
T - 6.8 mile run on the Las Vegas Strip
W - Fit for the 4th + TIU Flex Friday
Th - Yoga Booty + 5 Stretching Moves
Standing Hamstring Stretch, Side Stretch, Tabletop Shoulder Stretch, PSOAS Stretch, Pigeon (30 sec each side) 
F - REST
Sa - Totally Toned + 5 Daily Moves + Karena+Bobby's Booty Workout
3 sets of 15 - Single Arm Kettlebell Swings, Single Leg Deadlift, Kettlebell Sumo Squat to Press, Side Lunge, Sumo Squat on Toes
Su - Attempted a jump rope workout pretty pathetic but still worked up a good sweat + Days 1-10 of my upcoming fitness challenge to make animated GIFs in case anyone doesn't know what the exercise is


Highlights of the Week:


Run on the Strip
Even though I had the extra day off work, we didn't really do anything out of the ordinary. Just did stuff around the house. I did finish the RWRunStreak off really strong with a 6.8 mile run on the Strip. I don't know why, but I love running the Strip on holidays. My favorite is Christmas Day. I posed by Lady Liberty in honor of it being Independence Day.


I probably could have taken the time to get a better picture, but just on the other side of that low wall is a very busy street. I felt a little awkward/self-conscious setting up the shot and posing.

#ClarindaTurns40 Fitness Challenge
I finally announced my big birthday challenge...er...celebration! All the details can be found here. 30 days of fitness fun. 40 ways to celebrate. I'd love to have you celebrate with me! I've gotten a few questions/comments about not knowing all the exercises, so I videoed the first 10 days this morning and will be posting them on social media each evening. Come back on Tuesday for tips on completing the challenge and a sneak peek video of Days 1-10. I'm really excited about the response I've gotten so far and can't wait for everyone to celebrate with me.


Run Sea to Shining Sea ambassador
I found out that I was accepted to be an ambassador for this virtual race! I think it's $28 to register and you get a tech shirt and a medal plus you get to run whatever route you want whenever you want! I haven't run a half marathon in over a year, so I'm excited to do this race. Want to virtually run it with me? You can save 15% with discount code ETC17 (plus another 10% if you share to FB).


Fun with Scissors
I have SO MANY tee shirts! I was just going to donate a bunch, but then I realized I don't have nearly enough summertime tank tops. So, I decided to look up some tutorials on how to convert a tee into a tank. Yep, I totally got sucked into watching DIY videos on YouTube.


The collar still bugs me, so this might not be the end of playing around with this one. We'll see. :) I'm looking forward to playing around with more!


How was your week?
Did you enjoy a nice holiday?
Ever convert a t-shirt to a tank top?



I'm linking up today with Tricia & Holly for the Weekly Wrap. Have fantastic week, everyone!

Twitter → @EnjoytheCourse
Instagram → enjoyingthecourse
Facebook → EnjoyingtheCourse
Google+ → Enjoying the Course
Pinterest → clarindad

8 comments:

  1. I have not ^successfully^ converted a tee to a tank! I bet there are endless options on YouTube and Pinterest. Fun shot of your run on the strip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh goodness! There are so many tutorials on YouTube! A lot of them are very similar, but there are definitely some that are unique and so clever.

      I've tried some in the past that were quite disastrous. :(

      Delete
  2. I adore the tee to tank idea. The shoulder/sleeves are usually too narrow anyway. I'll definitely check out all the different ways you can do that. I love the liberty shot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! It was fun - even if a bit weird with all the traffic. :-)

      I definitely love the idea of up-cycling my old tees.

      Delete
  3. Nope, I've never converted a tshirt to a tank. I do not keep my race shirts unless they're cotton in which I use them as pajama tops to sleep in at night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, interesting! I have so many race shirts! I rarely have to buy any tech shirts because of them. LOL.

      Delete
  4. I've converted a few shirts into tank tops. I like to cut the collars out, put a little v in them and cut the sleeves off. Nothing fancy, but it works! Looks like you had a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I usually try to go all fancy, and then it doesn't turn out so well. Simple is probably the way to go. :)

      Delete