Sunday, July 23, 2017

Week in Review - 7/23

Wow! Today flew by!! I enjoyed sleeping in, went to a seminar on Minimal Running, took a nap, and then put away my haul from Blogfest/IDEA World Convention. It doesn't seem like I got a lot accomplished, so it's crazy that it's already time for bed.


Workouts:


M - Beach Babe Mashup Workout + Deadlifts (Day 6 of #ClarindaTurns40)
T - 3 mile run + Russian Twists (Day 7 of #ClarindaTurns40)
W - Restorative Yoga with Sebastian & Gillian B + Upright Row (Day 8 of #ClarindaTurns40)
Th - 3mile group run + STRONG by Zumba + 4 min Planks (Day 9 of #ClarindaTurns40)
F - REST + Deep Squats (Day 10 of #ClarindaTurns40)
Sa - Barre seminar at IDEA World + Push-ups (Day 11 of #ClarindaTurns40)
Su - Tone It Up Fitness Test + Split Squats (Day 12 of #ClarindaTurns40)


Highlights of the Week:


Sunrise & Smoothies 
I went for a morning run on Tuesday and caught the sunrise. It was beautiful and a pretty decent run - despite the humidity. Nothing for most of you, but 40% is a lot for us here in the desert.

Afterwards, I enjoyed a really delicious smoothie. Aren't smoothies just better in the summer?



Group run to kick off BlogFest
I met up with a few ladies to lead them on a run 3 mile run from the Convention Center along the Strip. It was so much fun! My main goal was to stop for a waterfall selfie at the Wynn. Mission Accomplished.



BlogFest
There was a little sensory overload, but I learned so much and had so much fun! Definitely worthy of its own post (or more!)


There were motivational speakers, tips for bloggers, lots of connecting with brands, workouts, and of course, the EXPO!

Check out all the samples and swag I got - not including more that I ate before taking a picture. I was definitely glad I lived close by and didn't have to try to bring anything on an airplane with me.


I was so exhausted at the end of each day! I'm definitely going to sleep well tonight.

How was your week?
Have you ever been to a blogging and/or fitness conference?



I'm linking up today with guest host Darleneas well Tricia & Holly for the Weekly Wrap. Have fantastic week, everyone!

Twitter → @EnjoytheCourse
Instagram → enjoyingthecourse
Facebook → EnjoyingtheCourse
Google+ → Enjoying the Course
Pinterest → clarindad

13 comments:

  1. BlogFest looks awesome! I have never attended a blogger conference and would love to do so one day.

    So great that you were able to hang out with other bloggers as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so fun! It's in San Diego next year. You should come!

      Delete
  2. The only conferences I've been to is for work. While there is swag at the expo, it's not really fun things to take home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun you were able to run with some of the other bloggers around Vegas! I have not been to a blogging nor fitness seminar. I'm sure there was a lot of interesting information. And, you sure did receive a lot of cool stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did learn a lot of interesting stuff about both blogging and fitness. I'm hoping to share some of what I learned on the blog, of course! 😉

      Delete
  4. Blog fest looked so fun! Glad you had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mark your calendar for next year! It will be in San Diego!!😊

    It was around 50% humidity for our group run Thursday morning. I was DYING!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. That's a lot of swag from Blog Fest.Looking forward to hearing more about this event. I've only been to work conferences.

    Love the waterfall selfie!

    Thanks for linking up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Blogfest is one of the conferences I've wanted to go to for a long time, just haven't been able to make it happen. Looks like you had a great time and a fun run! Great job with your workouts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully you can make it next year in San Diego! I hoping I'll be able to swing it. :)

      Delete