Wednesday, August 2, 2017

July Report Card

I had grandiose plans of writing up this post Monday night, but I was thwarted by some disgusting plumbing issues in our apartment. It was so bad that we had to get a hotel room for the evening while our apartment aired out. We're still working through some issues. Ugh!

So, August is kinda off to a rough start, but I'm trying to stay positive. I've got family coming in next week to celebrate, so I'm trying not to let these apartment issues get me down!

July Report Card

General Running/Training (25%): A

I'm giving myself another A for July. I finished the RW Run Streak STRONG with a 6 mile run on 7/2 and a 6.8 mile on 7/4. I did take a week off from running after the streak to give my legs a little reprieve. I kept up with other kinds of workouts, though. I also started my 30 day birthday challenge on July 12 to celebrate my upcoming 40th birthday. I even tried a Barre class {sort of}. All in all, a pretty good training month.


Run at least 600 Miles (25%): B

I'm dropping this back down to a B for July. I can't believe how low my mileage ended up being for the month. I know I took that one week off early in the month, but I really thought that I was still doing OK on getting my runs in. Now that I think about it, I did end up skipping a few and cutting a few short. I guess those things really added up. I now need to average about 60 miles per month for the rest of year to make this goal. I haven't given up hope; I think it's still definitely possible.

600 mile goal


Be More Active in the Local Running Community (25%): B+

Much improvement over June's failing grade! I'm not giving myself an A because the group run I did wasn't with the local running community. I'm still counting toward my goal of 8, though! I led a group run of Sweat Pink girls to kick off BlogFest. It was super fun to plan an interesting route and meet up with a few other running/fitness bloggers. We had such a grand time.
2 of 8 group runs completed
1 of 3 times volunteering at a local race
I also met up with a friend for a run, which wasn't technically a group run, but still out of the normal for me. And I met up with some Tone It Up girls for some yoga. Again, a bit out of my comfort zone, so these two activities brought my B up to a B+.


12 Trails of 2017 (20%): A

It seems like we always wait until the last weekend of the month to get in our new trail! Luckily, I remembered just in the nick of time, and we headed out to a short little hike on July 29th. We weren't really feeling up for anything too strenuous, so we kept it simple with a hike up to Exploration Peak. It's only about a 1/2 mile hike up (unless you take the shortcut straight up the mountain!), so definitely a short hike. We meandered our way back down the mountain. It was a little much for Sallie's paws, though. We seriously need to look into getting her some booties. The carpeted floors have made her paws soft. You can check out a video of our hike on YouTube.

Twelve Trails of 2017 - July


Current Events Night (5%): D

I didn't really take any time for current events this month. The only reason I'm not getting an F is because there were a few evenings when Jeff at least talked to me about some issues that were brought up on The Young Turks.


Final Grade for July: B+

I feel like I say this every. single. month (Is that a part of getting older?!), but July FLEW by! It was jam packed with so much fun! I finished the RWRunStreak. I started my 40th birthday celebration with Machine Guns & Mimosas and my birthday challenge. There was a run with a friend, a group run, BlogFest, IDEA World Convention, and Tone It Up Vegas meetup with yoga and pool-time. And of course a fun, easy evening hike.

Life is good!

Now, if we can get our apartment all situated again after the plumbing disaster of August!

How was your July?


To see my grades from all year:
January
February
March
April
May
June

Twitter → @EnjoytheCourse
Instagram → enjoyingthecourse
Facebook → EnjoyingtheCourse
Google+ → Enjoying the Course
Pinterest → clarindad

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, Karen! I triple checked my mileage for July. I think they were just shorter runs. I'm still confident in running 600 miles. :)

    ReplyDelete