Saturday, August 5, 2017

Ultimate Coffee Date - August 2017

Happy August!! I've been looking forward to August pretty much all year, so I'm super excited that it's here. :) Since it's the first Saturday of the month, it's time for the Ultimate Coffee Date! Grab some coffee, tea, or whatever your favorite beverage is and let's catch up!

Ultimate Coffee Date - August 2017

I sure hope that you've been enjoying a fabulous summer! Summer starts early here in Vegas, and the first couple months were glorious. July was a bit more humid than I like (nothing compared to my Midwest and East Coast friends, of course!), but overall this summer has been amazing! It's certainly not over yet and I plan to keep on enjoying it as much as I can!

If we were having coffee today... I'd tell you how excited I am for my upcoming birthday. If you've been following along at all, you'll know that I'm turning 40 soon. Thursday, in fact! I've already been celebrating every day since July 12th with 40 reps of a different exercise each day.

I also started the 30 day party by trying something new - Machine Guns & Mimosas. Well, maybe I'd had a mimosa before but never bottomless. 😉 I had never shot a gun before. I was pretty nervous to try it, but it was also very exciting! I'm definitely glad I did it, but honestly, I could take it or leave it.


If we were having coffee today... I'd tell you that while I've been having so much fun leading up to my birthday, there is tons more fun to be had! MY FAMILY IS COMING TO VISIT!! Well, not everyone, but enough to really make me happy. Expecially, my sister because it will be her first time visiting me in Vegas. There will be a helicopter ride over the Strip, a pool day, and some hiking (of course)! They start arriving late Tuesday night. I can hardly wait!!

@EnjoytheCourse is super excited for August. Find out why in the #UltimateCoffeeDate. Hint: It's almost her birthday!

If we were having coffee today... I'd show you my early birthday present - a Garmin Forerunner 630. We ordered it back on July 11th during Amazon Prime Day, and it finally arrived on Aug 2nd.

Garmin Forerunner 630

I haven't had a Garmin in nearly 10 years. When we moved to a new apartment in 2008, I never saw my old one again. And I never replaced it. My go-to apps on my phone had been letting me down recently, so when Jeff suggested getting me a Garmin for my birthday since he'd seen one on sale, I wasn't gonna say no. 😃

I took it for a run Thursday morning, and it worked wonderfully! I had it sync to my Nike+ account and my Strava accounts, so I'm all covered on earning fun badges. LOL

Garmin Forerunner 630

I'm still figuring out a lot of functionality. I'm finding the resources on setting it up and using all the features aren't exactly intuitive. I haven't been able to find a really good place that breaks down how to set it all up. For example, I couldn't figure out how to access the music controls during a run. I looked around online and reached out to a twitter friend, but ultimately, I just stumbled upon how to turn it on by adding a new data screen. It seems to be a lot of trial and error, but I'm learning and committed to get the most out of this new toy.

I'm also loving that I can wear it all day as a watch and a step counter. I'm not used to wearing anything this size all day. Even my RoadID usually comes off when I'm at home. So, I'm getting used to wearing it 24/7 (well except in the shower). So far it's been fun to see my steps throughout the day and to beat the 10,000+ step goal. I've been doing a lot of walking in place while watching TV to get those steps in! Overall, I think it will be very good for me to try to beat a step goal each day. I've also been sleeping in my watch to get the sleep data.

Yeah, I've definitely been enjoying this fun new toy!

If we were having coffee today... I'd tell you about this cold brew that I'm drinking. I discovered La Colombe at IDEA World, and OMG! It is so delicious and has 7 grams of protein in each can. They gave me a hat and a ton of coupons. I redeemed a few at Target last night to stock up for the next week.

La Colombe Draft Latte



Now, it's your turn!

What would you want to talk about if we were having coffee today? 
What are you looking forward to in August? 


Thanks for joining me today and hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend! Be sure to stop by our lovely hosts Deborah and Coco to catch up over coffee with some other amazing bloggers.

The Ultimate Coffee Date. Join Us!

Twitter → @EnjoytheCourse
Instagram → enjoyingthecourse
Facebook → EnjoyingtheCourse
Google+ → Enjoying the Course
Pinterest → clarindad

17 comments:

  1. Happy almost-birthday! That is a sweet looking Garmin. I know my Vivoactive has so many features I don't know how to use!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really have to be determined to figure out a Garmin! Their online resources are pretty lackluster. :(

      Delete
  2. I just love how you are making the most of your birthday month! Sounds like you have been having a blast. Enjoy your Garmin

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sweet Garmin is an awesome birthday present! I love that you're celebrating all month long. I need to check out that cold brew! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes! I am being very spoiled this year. :D The cold brew is so delicious. You're in Chicago, right? They actually have a few cafes where you can order it on tap. You can probably find cans at Target, though.

      Delete
  4. I need to start in on those exercises you've been doing every day! :]! + I hope you have a ton of fun with your family, and enjoy that Garmin! :]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Farrah! I'll have a blast with my fam and with my Garmin. ;-)

      Delete
  5. I just have to tell you that you are handling turning 40 MUCH better than I did!! It was a tough one for me ...but you are ahead of the game girl!! I'm loving all of the celebration you're doing and the positive vibes! Age is just a number and you are rocking that number!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you so much! So far, 25 was the hardest birthday for me (seems silly now), and 30 was disappointing, so I was determined to make 40 AMAZING!!

      Delete
  6. The family visit sounds like a great birthday celebration! That Garmin sounds cool! I have the FitBit Blaze and I am sure I am not using all of it's technology either- work in progress! Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mary Beth! It's going to be a fantastic birthday. :)

      Delete
  7. I had to look online to setup intervals on my new 230. Once I knew the navigation, setting things up was easy. The manual sleeve isn't really helpful, but now I know how to start my run.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree that once you figure it out, it's easy enough, but it should be easier to figure out (if you ask me). :-)

      Delete
  8. That Garmin looks amazing! I got a 230 last year for my birthday. It was an upgrade from my 10 and I'm still amazed with the functionality. I get all kinds of data!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Right?! Giddy like a schoolboy. LOL
    I need to learn more about my Garmin and explore those faces. ;)

    ReplyDelete