Sunday, August 27, 2017

Week in Review - 8/27

With new carpet being installed this past week, our apartment was a bit disheveled. My workout clothes were inaccessible a couple of days. 😲 So, most of the week I felt a bit like a schlub. I'm starting over and next week is going to be a good one!!

Week in Review 8/27

Workouts:


Monday - REST
Tuesday - 4 mile run + lots of furniture moving
Wednesday - REST
Thursday - REST
Friday - REST
Saturday - 7.29 mile #UnitedInLoveRun
Sunday - Yoga for Psoas + Hips & Core Vinyasa + Sculpt & Stretch Total Body Barre Workout


Highlights of the Week:


Windshield crack
Ok, so this is not at all a highlight, but it is something that happened last week.

Crack in my windshield

It's pretty big and kept getting bigger, so I drove our 2nd car most of the week. We still need to call our insurance to see about getting it fixed. Ugh. It's always something, isn't it?


Solar Eclipse
It was super overcast here in Vegas, so we didn't really get to experience even the partial eclipse. It was fun to follow the coverage, though.

What really happens during a solar eclipse - Photobomb!


FroYo with Friends
I met a couple former coworkers for FroYo. When we all worked together, we used to grab FroYo monthly. Now, we all work for different companies and haven't gotten together in a very long time. It was fun to catch-up.

FroYo!


#UnitedInLoveRun
I was supposed to meet up with Katrina for a quick 3 mile run before her class. I was running very late, so we were only able to meet for a picture - after her run and before mine.

#UnitedInLoveRun

She went back inside to tend to her baby girl before going to teach her class and I headed out to run my LOVE route.

#UnitedInLoveRun route

I was super disappointed when I realized that I missed a turn and messed up the E at the end of the run. But you get the idea, right? :-D

I had a lot of fun playing with the rising sun...

#UnitedInLoveRun

And leaving HEARTS at several stops along the route.

Warrior III with a heart

It felt really great to just run!

Not a very exciting or productive week, but I did manage to do some meal planning yesterday and will start on some meal prep after I finish this post. Next week, I'm getting back on track.


How was your week?


I'm linking up today with guest host Teresa as well Tricia & Holly for the Weekly Wrap. Have a fantastic week, everyone!

Twitter → @EnjoytheCourse
Instagram → enjoyingthecourse
Facebook → EnjoyingtheCourse
Google+ → Enjoying the Course
Pinterest → clarindad

19 comments:

  1. I feel you girl! I was off track last week with vacation and now I've got to start packing and moving into the new house! Ugh, when will it ever get back to normal!!! :)

    But oh, FroYo makes everything better, right??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping to get back to normal this week. LOL Good luck with your move. :-)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I can't take credit for the idea, but the run was really fun (and that was all me). ;-)

      Delete
  3. I love that comic about the Eclipse! I got to barely see it in Philly, but it was fun to see so many people geeked out about it!

    Your love run is fun...we have people who do a run the shape of the Liberty Bell...I'm sure I'd screw that up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that was kind of the best part of the eclipse. It was overcast here as well, until about 30 minutes after it was over. :(

      Delete
  4. That eclipse picture made me laugh. Snipe! It was interesting to see dusk lighting right in the middle of the day. It was fun being outside watching it happen, but then I had to go back to work :-/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was crazy how dark it got! I mean from what I saw on the news coverage. Then back to work for me as well.

      Delete
  5. The eclipse comic made me LOL! It was cloudy here so it was pretty uneventful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My week was pretty much the same routine...early morning walking...yadda yadda yadda . Well, I also did a little bit of strength training, but not enough to brag about it. Recovery sucks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But you are killing it! I'm so impressive with your attitude through all of this.

      Delete
  7. Well, I messed up meeting up with Darlene for our run last week, too. And enjoyed watching the eclipse . . . on tv (nothing much to see up here, especially without the glasses).

    We need to get our dishwasher repaired. I truly don't understand people who wash their dishes by hand (which I am forced to at the moment). That's what dishwashers are for!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree on the dishwasher thing! Hope you get it fixed soon.

      Delete
  8. My week was rough. Back to work and feeling overwhelmed with new things for the school.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay for meal planning!! That's my achilles heel! Planning to do it this weekend for next week! Great eclipse comic and love the LOVE run. The messed up E just gives it more character!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. Thanks! Meal planning is tough! But it really is so helpful. I need to be better about it.

      Delete