Friday, September 1, 2017

August Report Card

My 40th birthday came and went in August! It was one of the best birthdays I can remember. It really made this month so amazing - despite some apartment woes and other things. Come back tomorrow for the Ultimate Coffee Date and I'll share a lot of the details (in case you missed them in any of my other Week in Review posts).

First, it's time to check in with my 2017 Goals.

August Report Card

General Running/Training (25%): B+

I started August really strong with the #ClarindaTurns40 birthday challenge, but things really petered off after all the birthday shenanigans ended. There were a couple of very late nights on the Strip and I took me longer than it should have to recover. Plus, getting our carpets replaced threw in another wrench due to the disarray caused my moving everything from the front to the back and back to the front.


Run at least 600 Miles (25%): B

Keeping this one at a solid B for August. My mileage was higher than in July, but not what I really needed/wanted it to be. I just mapped out a simple plan to get through the rest of year and hit 600 miles, so I'm still confident. 😊 The fall WILL be my time to shine with this. (fingers crossed)

600 mile goal


Be More Active in the Local Running Community (25%): F

And... back to a big ole failing grade for this one in August! No group runs. No volunteering. I'm hoping that the cooler weather of fall (if it ever comes!) will motivate me to go out on more group runs.
2 of 8 group runs completed
1 of 3 times volunteering at a local race


12 Trails of 2017 (20%): A

We got this month's new hike done early in the month. That's a first for us! I couldn't let my family come to visit without at least one hike, so we took them up Mt Charleston and did a 4.0 mile hike for my 40th birthday. We chose an easy hike that we hadn't done before and definitely were not disappointed. We all had a great time enjoying the beauty and chitchatting as we hiked.

Twelve Trails of 2017 - August

The weather was gorgeous for the hike, but a storm was rolling in by the time we finished. In fact, we got caught in a flash flood driving back into the city. It was kinda scary because we were on the freeway and suddenly had zero visibility. Where seconds prior there had been an overpass, there was just white. All our time in Vegas, this was our first experience being caught in a flash flood like that. Jeff is a pretty cautious driver, and we were getting off the freeway when that overpass disappeared. It was all surface streets back after that.


Current Events Night (5%): B

While I didn't do very well with this throughout the month, we did spend one evening catching up on Last Week Tonight and discussing some of the issues John Oliver brought up. I also attempted to pay attention to a Special Report presidential press conference during lunch. Usually I just tune them out when they interrupt General Hospital, but this one time, I tried to focus.


Final Grade for August: B-

Don't let this grade fool you! August was amazing. Sure, I wasn't on top of my 2017 goals as maybe I could have been, but my family visiting made it totally worth it. I had been anticipating their visit for months and definitely wasn't disappointed.


How was your August?


To see my grades from all year:
January
February
March
April
May
June
July

Twitter → @EnjoytheCourse
Instagram → enjoyingthecourse
Facebook → EnjoyingtheCourse
Google+ → Enjoying the Course
Pinterest → clarindad

No comments:

Post a Comment