Monday, May 28, 2018

Weekly Wrap - May 27

Linking up with Holly and Wendy for the Weekly Wrap. Be sure to stop by their blogs to see what everyone else was up to last week.

Another Sunday came and went. I may just need to permanently move my Weekly Wrap to Mondays. 🤔 Of course, then my Mondays have been a little crazy lately, too. Thank goodness today is a holiday!

Happy Memorial Day, everyone!

Weekly Wrap

Today marks the start of Week 4 of the Tone It Up Bikini Series! I'm looking forward to pushing myself this week. Partially to make up for Week 3, which was kind of rough. There were a couple days that I simply wasn't feeling very good, so I had to skip my workouts two days in a row. 😒 I still kept to my meal plan {for the most part}, so it wasn't disastrous or anything.


Monday


I didn't sleep super great. I spent a little time working on last week's Weekly Wrap before doing my Tone It Up Booty Call. I want beautiful, sexy arms, so I don't mind arm day - even though my arms were currently experiencing DOMS from Week 2.

Workout
3 rounds of 15: Row+Press (10-lb kettlebell) | Alternating Front Raises (5-lb dumbbells) | Alternating Lateral Raises (5-lb dumbbells) | Biceps Curls+Side Curls (5-lb dumbbells) | Triceps Push-ups
Bikini Arm Tone - I've done this one a couple times now! I like that it incorporates some lower body as well.

Eats
M1: Spring Scramble + ¼ avocado spread on toast | M2: Snickerdoodle Mini Muffins | M3: Citrus Beet Salad | M5: White Bean Chili



Tuesday


I got sick in the middle of the night, so I wasn't feeling up to doing anything exercise-wise.

Workouts
REST

Eats
M1:  Spirulina Superfood Smoothie Bowl | M2: Brownie (not TIU-Approved), Snickerdoodle Mini Muffins | M3: Citrus Beet Salad | M4: Candy from the breakroom | M5: White Bean Chili

Weekly Wrap - May 21-27

Wednesday


Still not feeling 100%, so I slept in and took another rest day.

Workouts
REST

Eats
M1: Spring Scramble + ¼ avocado spread on toast | M2: Strawberries + almonds | M3: White Bean Chili | M4: Clif bar | M5: Lean Bowl


Thursday


I decided that enough was enough and I was feeling good enough to start moving my body again. I'd hoped for a 3 mile run, but only ended up going 2.2 miles due to time.

Workouts
2.2 mile run | 23:14 | 10:34 min/mi pace
3 rounds of: 15 jump squats | 30 seconds high knees | 15 mountain climbers | 15 down dog+spider woman | 15 bicycles


Eats
M1: Smoothie | M2: Starbucks Grande Latte, Strawberries, Almonds | M3: White Bean Chili | M4: Cold Brew, sunflower seeds | M5: Lean Bowl

Week 3 of the #TIUBikiniSeries was kind ofrough. @EnjoytheCourse had to take a couple extra rest days but is pumped for Week 4! @toneitup

Friday


I got so sweaty during this morning's workout!

Workouts
3 rounds of 15: Squat Clean + Press | Single Leg Deadlifts + Row | Kettlebell Figure 8 | Push-ups (knees) | Bikini Walkouts + Tummy Toners

Eats
M1: Toast with almond butter, Banana, Strawberry soy yogurt | M2: Starbucks grande latte, Clif bar | M3: Salad | M4: Nuts, 2 clementines, Peach Mango soy yogurt  | M5: Casa Salad, 1 taco at Javelina Cantina

We got out of work early for the holiday weekend, so Jeff and I packed up Roxie (our Scion xB) and headed for a quick overnight trip to Lake Havasu. We left later than we wanted. By the time we arrived, there was only 1 pet friendly restaurant still open. It was a Mexican restaurant, Javelina Cantina. There was kind of a long wait, and the food wasn't bad but it wasn't stellar either. Our server was great, though!


And the view of the London Bridge was pretty cool.



Saturday


We're still working out the kinks of car camping. We learned some things during this quick overnight trip. 1) We need to plan the timing better, so that Jeff and I are both tired and ready to sleep at the same time. 2) We need better screens to cover the windows to block the light. 3) We need to choose better pillows.

Needless to say, we didn't sleep great, so we didn't end up hanging out in Lake Havasu for very long.


It was fun to walk around for a least a little while, though. And see the London Bridge in the daytime.


It's about a 3 hour drive, and we were home by 1PM. 😂 We definitely plan on going back again, though.

The rest of the day was spent on the couch watching TV.

Workouts
Walked around Lake Havasu for an hour or so.

Eats
M1: Banana, Strawberries, La Columbe cold brew | M2: Clif bar | M3: Lean Bowl | M4: Nuts


Sunday


I need to stop sleeping in on the weekends! But it just feels so good to let my body tell me when to wake up. :) My morning run wasn't too hot. Yay

Workouts
5k run | 9:59 min/mi pace
10 Min Ab Workout

Eats
M1: Spring Scramble + ¼ avocado spread on toast  | M2: Snickerdoodle Mini Muffins | M3: EBTKS Salad | M4: Almonds | M5: Lean Bowl


ICYMI: Post from Last Week


Don't become a victim of the heat - Friday was #HeatAwarenessDay, so I shared a quick post on my two best tips to survive the summer heat.

Click on the image to read the posts.

Don't become a victim of the heat

Have you ever visited Lake Havasu? When you're not feeling well, do you skip your workout, your meal plan? Both, neither?

Twitter → @EnjoytheCourse
Instagram → enjoyingthecourse
Facebook → EnjoyingtheCourse
Google+ → Enjoying the Course
Pinterest → clarindad

29 comments:

  1. Lake Havasu looks lovely. I'm amazed by the number of pet friendly restaurants there are now. Back in the day, pets were allowed nowhere. Due to work, my hubs and I are on completely different sleep schedules. For that reason, we don't go on many impromptu trips. With enough planning and time...we do try to match up for scheduled vacations. Thanks for linking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Usually I'm up early, but I've made sure to get extra sleep this weekend. Too bad I can't be this slow going on normal days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I took Mother's Day weekend and just slept in all weekend...no workouts, no early wake up calls. It felt amazing. Sometimes you need to relax more and get more sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh to getting sick! I will work out if I'm sick, depending on what it is. Stomach stuff--no. But colds, yes. Glad you're feeling better. I've never been to Lake Havasu but I'd like to! What is car camping?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never been to Lake Havasu.

    I only lose my appetite if I'm really sick, like with a fever. And then I definitely don't workout!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Never been to this Lake. The sun looks beautiful. I loose appetite when I am sick.
    Thank you
    Viki

    ReplyDelete
  7. You made some really good points there. I checked on the web to find out more about the issue and found most individuals will go along with your views on this site. Essay Editor Service

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always like your article because you have provide every time informative post..Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing your amazing week with us. Indeed, you are having a great time. Well, keep up, enjoy your life. Regards: Clash of Clans Mod APK

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey, thank you a lot for sharing this article with us. I can’t say, how grateful we are to read this. Also, I would love to check out other articles.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I saw a dog in your picture . I am pet lower I have 2 dogs jack and golu. Can I know the name of your dog. Download KineMaster Mods

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the detailed article on this topic. I would like to see more such awesome articles from You

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the information your article brings. I see the novelty of your writing, I will share it for everyone to read together. I look forward to reading many articles from you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. F4. Corporate and Business Law: Employment law; legal
    implications for companies in difficulty or crisis; the law
    of obligations; essential elements of the legal system;
    capital and financing of companies; formation and
    constitution of business organisations; management,
    administration and regulation of companies; governance
    and ethical issues relating to business; formation and
    constitution of business organisations

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for the detailed article on this topic. I would like to see more such awesome articles from you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for sharing this valuable piece of information. Keep sharing more such awesome articles in the future. Goodbye!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you for sharing this. It was helpful. Keep sharing such things.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy Memorial day to all of you too, Thank you for sharing this useful information, keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am very impressed with your post, thanks for sharing. Would love to see more stuff like this in future.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for sharing this valuable information, Also you can get the new and best features of GBWhatsapp which are coming in 2022- GBWhatsapp 2022 APK

    ReplyDelete
  21. I like reading your blogs. You have a cute dog. Thanks for sharing the pics and this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  22. FMWhatsApp is getting famous because they provide many colorful fantastic themes and much more features like theme changing. I will tell you all about those features in this post.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Awesome post,I am truly pleased to read this information which carries lots of helpful data.I read that Post and got it fine and informative. I would love to share it with my friends and family using Jt whatsapp app who are interested in weekly wrap updates.

    ReplyDelete
  24. If you fancy watching movies and shows on your phone for free, get https://apksunny.com/movie-fire/ here now! This is a free app that lets you enjoy countless movies and shows now.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Share your amazing with us.I hope you have a good time. forelink hub You can get many information from this website.Thank You.

    ReplyDelete

  26. We appreciate you sharing this amazing information with us. Your information is great and very helpful. yowhatsapp apk download

    ReplyDelete
  27. I'm impressed with the depth of knowledge you shared.

    ReplyDelete