Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Tuckered out Tuesday - I WILL

Ugh. I slept like crap last night. 

After a weekend of pushing it hard during a 5K on Saturday and then running 8 miles on Sunday, I started the week off on Monday with a tough cardio workout followed by some upper body work. Sounds great right?

Well, then DOMS set in. That damn DOMS! Ugh!!

Normally, I love the soreness that comes after a tough workout (or four). It's a nice reminder of a job well done. But last night the total body muscle soreness kept waking me up and then preventing me from falling back to sleep.

Oh, I can't entirely blame the DOMS. I also get my period and a nasty sore throat. Is it Friday yet? :(

I had planned on doing some speed work this morning. I was going to take control of my body and tell it who was really in charge, but the fitness center at my complex wasn't open at 6:15 - even though it was supposed to open at 5am.

SO FRUSTRATING!!

Now, I'm going to have to try and motivate myself to get it done after work. *fingers crossed*

Since my workout plans were thwarted this morning, I have a few minutes to share with you something very exciting!!

What's Beautiful? by UnderArmour




Run a sub 25-min 5k. do a pull-up. or three. I WILL.

I'm really, really excited about this! Are you working on a fitness goal? If so, you should totally join me! It could be something big or something small. Something specific and measurable or something more generic.

You can find out more by visiting the What's Beautiful website. It will suck you in. So many great, inspiring women gathered in one place to help and encourage each other.

TOGETHER, WE CAN ACHIEVE OUR DREAMS!

So, what are you waiting for? Join me!

Does DOMS ever keep you awake at night? How do you deal with it?
Are you ready to accept the What's Beautiful challenge?

Twitter → @EnjoytheCourse
Instagram → enjoyingthecourse
Facebook → EnjoyingtheCourse
Google+ → Enjoying the Course
Pinterest → clarindad

14 comments:

  1. Pull-ups will be one of the ways I start measuring strength and success beyond the scale! And a sub-25min. 5K!?! I can't imagine! lol Get it girl!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pull ups are so intimidating! What a great way to measure strength, though. :-)

      Delete
  2. My goal is a sub-25 5K too which I'm sure doesn't surprise you at all. You were the first person I thought of when I decided to pick that for my goal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You inspired my goal in the first place. :-) We got this.

      Delete
  3. I am loving this "What's Beautiful" challenge! Darn DOMS and gym's not opening on time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really great, isn't it? So many inspiring women out there.

      Delete
  4. Pull ups are not my friend. Great goal! Best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Angela. I've never done one (or even tried), so it will be interesting to say the least. :)

      Delete
  5. I signed up for the Under Armour thing but haven't had time to really get into it.

    So sorry about the DOMS, it's probably a good thing your gym wasn't open. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blessing in disguise, perhaps. Plus the chance to shoot the quick video. lol.

      Delete
  6. DOMS, sore throat, AND your period? I'd just crawl back under the covers. Those days make it so hard to stick to your plan. Ugh. I hope you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete