Friday, May 10, 2013

Fitness Friday - First Week of May

Are you ready for the weekend? I sure am. :) It's been a long week.

DOMS + period + sore throat = Clarinda's down for the count.

I called in sick Wednesday. It was kind of nice to have a mid-week respite, but being sick wasn't so fun. :( Despite being sick, we are still on track for our Sexy for Summer challenge. whoo hoo!

In April, I tried doing a weekly review of my fitness goals, and, unfortunately, I wasn't very consistent. Sometimes, I just have difficulty blogging on Sundays. I want to be outside or lounging and spending time with Jeff.

So, for May, I decided to move my weekly reviews to Fridays. Of course, I didn't decide that until after last Friday, so here's a look at what I've done since May 1st.

Still not perfect, but there are a few less frowny faces out there.

DateCardioSexy for SummerArmsCommute
Wed
5/1
25 squats
20 sec plank
YAY!!
Thu
5/2
30 squats
25 sec plank
YAY!!
Fri
5/3
35 squats
30 sec plank
Sat
5/4
Race for the Cure 5K 40 squats
30 sec plank
7.4 mile bike to the race
Sun
5/5
8 mile run REST REST WEEKEND
Mon
5/6
Indoor Cardio Crusher 45 squats
35 sec plank
Upper Body Blaster
Tue
5/7
50 squats
35 sec plank
Wed
5/8
60 squats
40 sec plank
called in sick
Thu
5/9
3 mile run 65 squats
45 sec plank
Triceps (dips,
kickbacks, extensions)

I know, I know.
I didn't commute once this week. 
Partly, I was lazy. 
Partly, I was sick. 
Mostly, the crappiest section of my bike route is being re-paved this week. (yay!) With the re-paving, that section was closed, and I'd be forced to bike on roads with heavier traffic, so for safety sake, I chose to drive.

Any fun weekend plans? I'm doing a Girls Night with a few friends! I've been looking forward to it for a couple weeks now, so tonight can't get here fast enough.

And for fitness? Since I only ran once this week, I'd like to get in some speed work and maybe 9-10 miles. Not sure which to do on which day. What do you suggest?

Twitter → @EnjoytheCourse
Instagram → enjoyingthecourse
Facebook → EnjoyingtheCourse
Google+ → Enjoying the Course
Pinterest → clarindad

8 comments:

  1. Have fun at your girl's night out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's definitely nice to have a mid-week day off, but not when you're under the weather. Hope the repaving is done quickly - that'll be great when it's complete.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. That part sucked. :(
      The repaving is done, but they didn't actually repave the worst section. Booo.

      Delete
  3. I would love to be able to commute but I live 50 miles away from my job. That's just a little too far. It'll be great once they get that repaved for you.

    Have fun with the girls. Hope your completely over your illness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, 50 miles might be a bit far. Of course, I doubt I'd even drive that far for a commute. :)

      Delete
  4. Those squats and planks are looking awesome!!

    ReplyDelete