Thursday, March 2, 2017

February Report Card

Wow! How is it that the shortest month of the year always seems to drag on and on? I'm almost ready to declare it one of my least favorite months of the year. Thankfully, it's now March. Whoo hoo.

Since it was such a short month, apparently I needed a couple extra days before doing my monthly report card and check in on my 2017 Goals. 😉

February Report Card


General Running/Training (25%): B-

There was that week that I lost all motivation for working out and instead did NOTHING! Not even some gentle yoga. Well, I still managed a 5-hour / 16-mile run that week, but it really aggravated my knee. I haven't run since. The following week, I skipped most of my strength workouts and opted for yoga instead.

Run at least 600 Miles (20%): A

Despite my dismal training / running month in general, I still managed over 60 miles for February, which means I'm still very much on track for 600 miles for the year.

Be More Active in the Local Running Community (20%): F

This was a huge fail! Not only did I not go on any group runs, I had opportunities to volunteer at two different races and didn't end up volunteering at either. Ugh.

{optional} Hike the Grand Canyon R2R2R (5%): B+

I still haven't fully committed with Katie and Kristy, so I'm giving myself another B+ this month. I need to discuss with Jeff and make a final decision. I think I'm confident that I'd physically be able to do it (with some more training), now we just need to figure out if we can afford the necessary gear for the hiking and camping.

Clean It Out, Use It Up (10%): A

Another successful month without missing a single week! It's starting to get a little tougher, which means the goal is accomplishing what it needed to do and that I might need to move out of the kitchen at some point soon-ish.


12 Trails of 2017 (10%): F

Well, we waited until the last weekend again, and then we didn't feel up to it. We pushed it to the last day of the month, but couldn't make it out - even though I'd taken a half day at work. I took a nap instead. 💤

We're hoping to make it up later in the year (maybe March??), but for now, it's a big ole F.

Twelve Trails of 2017 - February

Current Events Night (10%): C

We didn't end up doing an official night, but we did a pseudo-one the last weekend of February. I brought up an issue that some co-workers had brought up about automated cars and 5-point harness seat belts. We ran with it and discussed how those things would change the world - in more ways than the obvious.

Final Grade for February: C+

Definitely wasn't the top of my game! But, I'm not going to beat myself up about it. March is a new month after all. Time to get back on track!

How was your February?
Still on track with your 2017 goals?
What do you do after a bad month (or week or day)?

To see my grades from all year:
January

Twitter → @EnjoytheCourse
Instagram → enjoyingthecourse
Facebook → EnjoyingtheCourse
Google+ → Enjoying the Course
Pinterest → clarindad

2 comments:

  1. I was pretty happy with February--in spite of my health concerns, I eaked out 91 miles, lifted all the weight, and mastered the handstand. Staying positive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like a pretty solid February to me. :-) Great job, Wendy!!

      Delete