Sunday, February 26, 2017

Week in Review - 2/26

After last Sunday's painful 5-hour run, I decided I needed to step back from training for at least a week to give my knee a little time to settle down. It was so twingy both Sunday afternoon and Monday, that I was afraid it was something worse. I even wore a skirt on Monday, so I could slip on a compression sleeve for a few hours.

I skipped my strength workouts this week, too. Don't freak out! I still got in some good yoga videos, so I still feel really good about the week.

Unrelated, my little brother welcomed a little boy into the world Friday morning. I live so far away, so I won't get to meet the little guy for awhile, but I was so excited to receive a text from him Friday morning letting me know Teddy had arrived and momma was doing well. I have another brother that is expecting to welcome another little guy this coming week. Exciting!! 👶 👶 👶

Edit: My other brother welcomed his baby boy on Saturday night, but I didn't hear anything until Monday morning. So excited for both my brothers. :-)

Week in Review - 02/26/17


Monday, 2/20

The Plan ↠ 2 mile Recovery Run
Reality  ↠ REST
After Sunday's 5 hour run, and my knees hurting as badly as they did, I skipped the recovery run and took a full-on rest day.


Tuesday, 2/21

The Plan ↠ NTC The Perfect 10 | 45 min
Reality ↠ YOGA!
I did 3 yoga videos before work. Since my knee was still bothering me, I started with Hatha Yoga with David Procyshyn: Healthy Hamstrings. To an onlooker, this would seem pretty easy, but to someone with tight hammies who really wants to focus on them, this was TOUGH! Such subtly in the poses, but man oh man! Next up was 7-Minute Yoga For Runners. I liked this one, too, but I can't remember any specifics about it. 😊 I finished with 10-Minute Yoga For Self Care. I definitely want to do this one more and more. Lots of self-massage that felt really great.


Wednesday, 2/22

The Plan ↠ NTC The Circuit Breaker | 29 min
Reality ↠ More Yoga! Total Body Workout Vinyasa Flow with Fightmaster Yoga


Thursday, 2/23

The Plan ↠ 3 mile Tempo Run
Reality ↠ REST
I had wanted to do some yoga, but chose a little extra sleep instead.


Friday, 2/24

The Plan ↠ REST
Reality ↠ YOGA!
I got out of work an hour early, so I hit my yoga mat when I got home. I rarely ever workout after work, but this was a such nice treat. Yoga with Satiya Channer: Yin/Yang Yoga On Your Feet. It took me a while before deciding I liked this video, but once I got through the warm-up portion, I really started to like it and will probably do it again.


Saturday, 2/25

The Plan ↠ 7-hour run, or at least 24.5 miles
Reality ↠ REST
Early in the week, I decided to skip this run. I need to give my knees a nice break this week. We were going to go for a bike ride, to discover our new trail for this month, but either of us were really feeling up to it. Instead, we're pushing it off to Tuesday. It's Jeff's birthday, and we decided I'd take a half day at work to celebrate with lunch and a bike ride.

Gorgeous sunset
Gorgeous sunset coming home from grocery shopping


Sunday, 2/26

The Plan ↠ REST
Reality ↠ 3 more yoga videos from my Watch Later list.
I started with Foundations Of Yoga - Camel Pose - Ustrasana, which felt lovely have sitting most of the day Saturday and Sunday. Then I did some lovely Yoga For a Rainy Day. This was a super yummy practice with temple and jaw massages and juicy pigeon. I finished it off with an Intense Abs & Core Workout. In hindsight, I should have done this one first, but in my defense, I saw the other two first in the list. LOL. While I enjoyed this workout, it's pretty obvious it was yoga-influenced as opposed to something done by a yoga instructor. I had some difficulty keeping up, as she moved from one thing to another really quickly.


DailyMile summary: February 20-26
February 20-26



Clean It Out, Use it Up update

Week 8: Duncan Hines Lemon Supreme cake mix, which I used to make a lemon pound cake and some donuts/cupcake things.


The recipe was supposed to go into a Bundt cake pan, but I didn't have one. Instead I was going to use two loaf pans. As I was pouring the batter into the first pan, it looked like the loaves would be pretty small, so I used a donut pan for the rest of the batter. I should have stuck to the two loaf pans. They may not be the prettiest, but they do taste light and fluffy and moist. At least the little ones. I haven't cut into the loaf yet.


What was the highlight of your week last week?

I'm linking up today with Tricia & Holly for the Weekly Wrap as well as Angela for Sunday Fitness & Food.

Twitter → @EnjoytheCourse
Instagram → enjoyingthecourse
Facebook → EnjoyingtheCourse
Google+ → Enjoying the Course
Pinterest → clarindad

18 comments:

  1. Very smart idea to give your body a break this week. I have certainly made that mistake before. Congrats on being an aunt :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Deborah! I'm so excited about it - even if I am thousands of miles away.

      Delete
  2. My sister and I stayed at the Palazzo and we loved it! I need to come back. Maybe for RnR?

    I sure hope your knee calms down. Do you have any idea what is wrong?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Come back for RnR! :-)

      No idea what's wrong with my knee. I don't think it's serious enough to worry about and am pretty sure it's just overuse.

      Delete
  3. The donut cakes look cute! All your yoga reminds me that it's been too long ....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to remember yoga all the time - not just when running hurts. :)

      Delete
  4. The highlight of my week was the awesome (warm) weather....of course, that all changed on Friday ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least you had a good string of warm weather! That's exciting. :-D

      Delete
  5. Congrats to both of your brothers! Those donuts look so tasty. They would be perfect with coffee in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always take a down week after pushing myself. My body needs to recover, and so does my knee. Those lemon cakes look really good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husband loves the lemon cakes. :-)

      I need to be smarter about easing into things, and taking the ever-important rest days.

      Delete
  7. Congratulations on your two new baby nephews! I'm sorry to hear you are having issues with your knee. Hopefully, a weeks rest is all it needs to get back in the game. I really need to do more (ahem - any) yoga. Maybe if I found the right videos... What a gorgeous sunset picture! Thanks for linking, Clarinda!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I find all my yoga videos on YouTube. There are a couple channels I love, or I just search for yoga and find one that strikes my fancy.

      Delete
  8. Ha you get news about your family about like I do, way after the fact!
    Take care of that knee of your I hope it just needs some TLC!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One brother texted me a couple hours after his baby was born; my dad texted me about the other brother's baby a couple days later. LOL.

      Delete
  9. So smart to listen to your body and give it what it needed.

    ReplyDelete