Thursday, August 7, 2014

New Look

Did you know that it's my birthday weekend? OF COURSE you did! I've only been talking about it since June. :) With my birthday streak and everything. Only a few more days of my streak, and I'm so happy that I've been able to stick with it for all 37 days (well, except that one day that I only did yoga. Oh, and I kind stopped the yoga around day 25 or something). It's so liberating to do a run streak. At least for me.

To continue the birthday celebrations, I decided to give myself a new look as I officially enter the late-30s. Yikes! How did that happen?!

I went blonde.


I've dyed my hair many, many times over the years, but never have I gone blonde.

It's been nearly a week, and it's been lots of fun so far. Lots of co-workers didn't even recognize me when I came into work Monday morning.


I've now been likened to Marilyn Monroe, Patricia Arquette, and Brittney Snow.

Last night, N9NE Steakhouse at the Palms had a Tweet-up just for my birthday. OK, not really, but it was a doubly good excuse to start the celebrating early. Who am I to pass up free cocktails and hors d'oeuvres?

Plus I got to meet up with the lovely Katie from @itsjustKatie on Twitter and Chase This Skirt. She made me a skirt for the E.T. Full Moon Half Marathon on Sunday, and so she hand delivered it to me at the Tweet-up. Fun!


So, is blond better? I don't know, but I'm liking it so far. :-D

Have you ever changed your hair to where people didn't even recognize you?
How do you like to celebrate your birthday?

Twitter → @EnjoytheCourse
Instagram → enjoyingthecourse
Facebook → EnjoyingtheCourse
Google+ → Enjoying the Course
Pinterest → clarindad

5 comments:

  1. Blonde hair, it's powerful yeah, Powdered SHOOGAAAAAAAAAARRRRRR!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!

    I'm too chicken to do anything drastic color-wise. I did hack off over a foot to donate and my husband did a double take when he walked in the house, but that's about it.

    Congrats on the streak!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No double takes from my husband, as he's the one that did it for me! :-) It was pretty scary for me, though. Even after I bought the bleaching kit, I really had to talk myself into it.

      Delete
  3. Embrace the gray. Lol!!

    It was so nice having you join me for the streak. Don't worry about the one day. :-)

    ReplyDelete