Sunday, August 24, 2014

What's for Dinner? Week of 8/24

1,000 apologies for not posting a workout recap and weekly menu plan last weekend. We were extending my birthday celebrations a week, and hanging out at the pool - and I didn't get something scheduled ahead of time. Bad blogger.

Blu Pool at Bally's Las Vegas
View from our pool cabana

We bought a Groupon for the pool cabana, and had a great time hanging out all day in the shade of the cabana and the cool water of the pool.

Last Saturday, I finalized my marathon training plan, so last week was my first official week of training for RnRVegas.


Weekly Workouts

Sunday, 8/17 - REST
Monday, 8/18 - 2.5 easy miles (22:55)
Tuesday, 8/19 - 3.89 miles (39:41) with some hill repeats.
Wednesday, 8/20 - Morning Yoga
Thursday, 8/21 - 2.3 easy miles (22:32)
Friday, 8/22 - 5 miles (51:35)
Saturday, 8/23 - 8.26 mile bike ride (45:56)

I'm super excited!!! Last week, I won entry into Long Beach marathon.

Now, I can't decide!! Full or Half??

My training plan has a 20-mile run on the same date as Long Beach (10/12), so I'm VERY tempted to do the full. I would take it very easy (Long Beach has a 7.5 hour limit for the marathon), and then there would be several weeks between the two marathons - for recovery, another long run, and taper.

Of course, there is also a triathlon thrown in there towards the end of October.

So... go all crazy and do a full OR play it safe and do the half? I have until Oct 1st to decide, but any advice would be much appreciated!!

What's Next?

Ventura Half Marathon and 30-mile Bike Ride - Jeff and I got on our bikes for the first time in MONTHS yesterday. We made it 8.25 miles. A far cry from 30. But OK for our first time back out there. Unfortunately, Ventura is now only 2 weeks away!! Oops.

Biking Las Vegas, St Rose Pkwy
Yes, Sallie will be going on the bike ride with us.

What's for Dinner next week?

Confession: We ate out A LOT last week. Maybe the last two weeks. And not really the good eating out. I'm talking Jack in the Box. O.o

That's got to STOP!!

What's for Dinner? Week of 8/24
Breakfast:
Overnight coffee cake
Smoothies

Lunch/Dinner:
Grilled chicken and Fennel seed encrusted potato
Crock pot pasta
Baked potatoes
Green salad
Coleslaw/cabbage salad

Snacks:
Celery sticks
Apples & peanut butter
Hummus and pita chips

Prep:
Cut celery
Prep cabbage salad
Make overnight coffee cake

Sunday is going to be over before I know it! I better get a move on. :)

What's on your menu for the week? 

Twitter → @EnjoytheCourse
Instagram → enjoyingthecourse
Facebook → EnjoyingtheCourse
Google+ → Enjoying the Course
Pinterest → clarindad

4 comments:

  1. I have zero advice for the marathon. It all seems intense to me as I've never run one and have been majorly slacking on working out in general. Your food however sounds really tasty and easy.You also reminded me that I should make some coleslaw - we even have the ingredients on hand :)

    Happy Monday and good luck with the decision making!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have so many fun things going on! I can't wait for my next race. It's been way too long! Overnight coffee cake? What time should I be over? I'll bring the coffee :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very exciting, congrats on winning that race entry! Sounds like you've been so busy and active lately and everything looks to be going really well! Happy belated birthday as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you had a good birthday celebration- and congrats on the marathon plan and the extra free entry!

    ReplyDelete