Sunday, August 3, 2014

What's for Dinner? Week of 8/3

Happy August!! I hope you're all enjoying the first weekend of the end of the summer. :) If you stopped by yesterday, then you already know all the reasons I love August - this year especially!

#HalfTrainingWithJeff Update

Next week at this time, Jeff and I will be in full on recovery mode. I'm hoping at a pool somewhere, though I haven't discussed that with him yet. We've kind of been enjoying tapering a bit too much, perhaps, so I hope that Jeff survives that E.T. Full Moon Midnight Half Marathon. He's pretty confident, but... is he over-confident? It will be an automatic PR for him, since it's his first half marathon, so we're definitely planning on taking it nice and easy.

Weekly Workouts

Sunday, 7/27 - 1 mile (9:00). Abs Day 18 - 80 sit-ups, 110 crunches, 48 leg raises, 70 sec plank.
Monday, 7/28 - 1 mile (12:56). Abs Day 19 - 85 sit-ups, 120 crunches, 50 leg raises, 75 sec plank.
Tuesday, 7/29 - 1.82 mile (20:07). Abs Day 20 - REST.
Wednesday, 7/30 - 3 miles (34:19). Abs Day 21 - 90 sit-ups, 130 crunches, 52 leg raises, 80 sec plank.
Thursday, 7/31 - 1 mile (10:09). Abs Day 22 - 95 sit-ups, 140 crunches, 55 leg raises, 85 sec plank.
Friday, 8/1 - 1 miles (10:20). Abs Day 23 - 100 sit-ups, 150 crunches, 58 leg raises, 90 sec plank.
Saturday, 8/2 - 1 mile (10:55). Abs Day 24 - REST.

30 Day Abs Challenge Update

Only 6 more days left of this challenge!! I am SUPER EXCITED for it to be over, but I'm going to do my damnedest to finish this strong. One of the remaining 6 days is a rest day. Knowing that rest is coming is definitely what's going to get me through these next 3 days, and then it will be only TWO more to go! I mean the final days are definitely going to be hard, but I'M GOING TO GET THEM DONE!

Check out this week's Before/After photo. Definite Progress. I still have a ways to go, but I do like seeing some progress. Hopefully after the challenge is over, I'll continue to incorporate abs work into my daily fitness regimen.

#30dayfitness Abs Challenge Day 17 | enjoyingthecourse.com

Measurements:
InchesFrom StartFrom Last Week
Waist31.5(2.3%)(1.6%)
Belly36.5(2.67%)flat
Hips40(1.8%)(1.2%)


What's Next?

1 more week until MY BIRTHDAY!!! And the E.T. Half Marathon. :)

And one week until my birthday, means only more more week of my birthday streak! Well, 8 days, if you count today, which I am, since I still need to get out there. You can still join the party and start streaking with me TODAY! C'mon! Anyone can streak for 8 little days. :) Remember it can be running or yoga or any combination of the two. Fun prizes include gifts from Cocogo, Proud Runner, Detour Protein Bars, Bondi Band, and a Yoga Stretch Strap. More about the birthday gifts prizes here.


What's for Dinner next week?

No Bountiful this week, which means it's a clean-out-the-fridge kind of week. I still have quite a bit of zucchini left, a full head of romaine lettuce, and some mushrooms, which I totally forgot about when doing last week's menu plan.

What's for Dinner? Week of 7/20
Breakfast:
Smoothies
Zucchini Bread

Lunch/Dinner:
BLT Pasta Salad
Zucchini Ribbons and Pappardelle with Garlic Cannellini Bean Sauce
Zucchini Burgers
Crispy Cheddar Chicken with Parmesan Crusted Zucchini
Slow Cooker Pasta
Green salad

Snacks:
Celery and carrot sticks
Blueberries and yogurt

Prep:
Prep Salad Mix
Cut celery
Shred zucchini for burgers
Make yogurt

What's on your menu for the week? 

Twitter → @EnjoytheCourse
Instagram → enjoyingthecourse
Facebook → EnjoyingtheCourse
Google+ → Enjoying the Course
Pinterest → clarindad

5 comments:

  1. Zucchini bread sounds delicious!! Best of luck in the half. too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Laura! This zucchini bread turned out a bit stickier than the last time, but it's still delicious!

      Delete
  2. Awesome! So glad to have you. :) It's almost our birthday!!! whoohoo!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You are doing great with that ab challenge - what a difference :) I also love that there is so much zucchini in your meal plan. was hoping to use up most of the obnoxious stash we currently have from the garden last week, but it didn't happen. You've given me a few ideas for our next zucchini dishes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's always nice to see progress. :) Good luck with the zucchini! It always seems to come in bulk, doesn't it?

      Delete