Saturday, August 2, 2014

Ultimate Coffee Date - August 2014

Good morning, and Happy August to you!!

I've already gone for my 1 mile run and did some yoga on the patio. There is some zucchini bread baking in the oven, so it seems like a perfect time to link up with the Ultimate Coffee Date!

If we were having coffee this morning... The Ultimate Coffee Date

If we were having coffee this morning...I'd tell you that I love August, because it's MY BIRTHDAY MONTH!! Whoo hoo. Let the celebrating begin. :) Ok. So, maybe I started celebrating on July 5th with my birthday streak. Running or Yoga or both or any combination. Or maybe not even a streak at all. YOU CAN STILL ENTER TO WIN SOME FUN PRIZES! More info on the prizes can be found here. Not very many people have joined my party, so your chances of winning are pretty good. :)

If we were having coffee this morning...I'd also tell you about how excited I am for my actual birthday weekend. I still need to firm up some plans, but the biggest, most fun event of the weekend will be running the E.T. Full Moon Midnight Half Marathon with my husband. It will be his first half. What a fun birthday present for me! Plus I'm working on a super fun costume to wear. Hopefully I can get it all pulled together with just a week to go!

If we were having coffee this morning...I'd probably ask your opinion on zero-drop shoes. Pros? Cons? Jeff has kind of become my personal shopper, and wants to get me some new running shoes. Isn't he the best? He's new to running, but has probably done more research on how to run and the best shoes than I ever have. He likes the idea of adjusting to zero drop, and I don't really have an opinion, so I'd love to hear your thoughts.

If we were having coffee this morning...I'd confess that it's been months since I've ridden my bike. Jeff and I have a 30-mile ride coming up in the beginning of Sept, and I'm a little nervous about it! Especially, since I'll be running a half marathon the very next day! I'd ask if you were going to be in CA for the Ventura Marathon weekend, because it's going to one awesome party!! :) If all goes well, we are planning on a swim and bike ride at Lake Mead tomorrow. Fingers crossed it all goes well!!

If we were having coffee this morning...I feel like I'd have more to say, but I can't seem to think of anything else right now, so I'd just sit back, enjoy my cuppa, and ask about your weekend and what else you might have planned for the rest of the summer!

Why not grab a cup of coffee, relax for awhile, and catch up with some other bloggers at the Ultimate Coffee Date?

Twitter → @EnjoytheCourse
Instagram → enjoyingthecourse
Facebook → EnjoyingtheCourse
Google+ → Enjoying the Course
Pinterest → clarindad

3 comments:

  1. Biking and then running a half sounds like quite the adventure (and soreness)! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure, but I think the bike ride is fairly flat. I should investigate that a little more. :) I'll check out the Torin. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete