Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Wednesday's Workout: Speed Work

It's been a LONG time since I wrote a quick post just describing my workout. :)

My training schedule had 4 miles of speed work on it today.

Yesterday, was a tough day at work. Stressful. Crazy. And I ended up working more than an hour late. I was in a bad mood leaving work, and didn't feel like doing anything when I got home.

Including eating.

So, dinner consisted of a chocolate candy bar and a banana. Bad, bad, bad!! Yet another manifestation of a lesson I still haven't learned.

I was really nervous about the speed work run, but it actually turned out much better than expected. I ate a Vanilla Bean GU and half a banana before I headed out.

And laced up my speedy shoes - the Mizuno Wave Sayonaras.

Speed Work Mizuno Wave Sayonara


I did about 12 minutes at a pretty easy pace. My calves are still pretty tight for some reason.

And then I did 1:1 intervals of a fast pace and an easy pace. I walked the 5th and 10th easy pace interval, for a little breather, and then an easy pace to finish it all out.

Miles: 4.15
Duration: 43:36
Avg Min/Mi: 10:30

Turns out that's just about my ideal marathon pace for this training cycle. Whoo hoo!!

Did you run this morning?
What's your favorite way to incorporate speed work?

Twitter → @EnjoytheCourse
Instagram → enjoyingthecourse
Facebook → EnjoyingtheCourse
Google+ → Enjoying the Course
Pinterest → clarindad

1 comment: