Sunday, August 10, 2014

What's for Dinner? Week of 8/10

TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY!! And I rang in my 37th birthday by toeing the line to the E.T. Full Moon Midnight Half Marathon. Full report on the race coming tomorrow, but let me just say it was TOUGH! Midnight races are hard; my body wasn't exactly cooperating, but man, did it ever feel good to cross that finish line - holding Jeff's hand high with pride. It looks us a long time, but the hours really did seem to go by quickly (as least to me).

#HalfTrainingWithJeff Update

And thus concludes the half marathon training with Jeff. It's still TBD whether or not this will be our last long distance together. Two weeks ago, he said he only wanted to run 5Ks and 10Ks with me in the future, but then last night before the half marathon, he threw me for another loop by saying he wanted to run a full marathon. Let's see what he says after he wakes up this afternoon. Lol.

Weekly Workouts

Sunday, 8/3 - 1 mile (10:24). Abs Day 25 - 105 sit-ups, 160 crunches, 60 leg raises, 95 sec plank.
Monday, 8/4 - 1 mile (10:24). Abs Day 26 - 110 sit-ups, 170 crunches, 60 leg raises, 100 sec plank.
Tuesday, 8/5 - 1 mile (11:14). Abs Day 27 - 115 sit-ups, 180 crunches, 62 leg raises, 110 sec plank.
Wednesday, 8/6 - 3 miles (30:24). Abs Day 28 - REST.
Thursday, 8/7 - 2.91 mile (39:54). Abs Day 29 - 120 sit-ups, 190 crunches, 62 leg raises, 115 sec plank.
Friday, 8/8 - 2.46 miles (35:26). Abs Day 30 - 125 sit-ups, 200 crunches, 65 leg raises, 120 sec plank.
Saturday, 8/2 - 1.58 mile walk (39:32).

30 Day Abs Challenge Update

DONE. FINITO. OVER. So happy for this challenge to be done. The last two days of this challenge were a HUGE struggle. TMI, but I got my period Thursday afternoon, and with that came cramps and aches and overall ickiness. I *almost* skipped the last two days. I knew that I wouldn't really gain much progress in those final two days, and I probably wouldn't hurt anything by skipping the final two days, BUT I JUST COULDN'T QUIT WITH ONLY TWO DAYS LEFT!

And my final Before/After photo...

#30dayfitness Abs Challenge Finale | enjoyingthecourse.com
Measurements:
InchesFrom StartFrom Last Week
Waist31.5(2.3%)flat
Belly36.25(3.3%)(0.7%)
Hips40(1.8%)flat

I really love all the progress I made. Now, I just need to continue to make core work a priority. My goal is at least 2-3 times each week during marathon training.

What's Next?

Training for Rock and Roll Las Vegas needs to start this week, which means I need to get a plan together! Included in the training will be training for Ventura Half Marathon and 30-mile fun ride as well as the Pumpkinman Triathlon. It's going to be a fun and crazy busy fall. :)


What's for Dinner next week?

We did get Bountiful this weekend, but I'm still not quite sure on what to cook up. We received fennel in our basket. I don't think I've ever had it before, so I'm excited to try it out. We also got two heads of cabbage, so I see some coleslaws in the future.

What's for Dinner? Week of 7/20
Breakfast:
Overnight coffee cake
Fruit

Lunch/Dinner:
Grilled chicken
Fennel seed encrusted potato
Grilled Fennel Tarts
Coleslaw/cabbage salad
Hot dogs

Snacks:
Celery sticks
Fruit and yogurt

Prep:
Cut celery
Prep coffee cake

What's on your menu for the week? 

Twitter → @EnjoytheCourse
Instagram → enjoyingthecourse
Facebook → EnjoyingtheCourse
Google+ → Enjoying the Course
Pinterest → clarindad

10 comments:

  1. Fennel encrusted potato sounds interesting. I don't cook with fennel often but maybe I should.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a little worried about the anise flavor of the fennel, but we shall see. :-)

      Delete
  2. I cannot imagine doing a midnight race- amazing!! And happy. happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Laura! Midnight races are different and HARD. :-)

      Delete
  3. Happy belated birthday--and congrats on your ab challenge! Ooh your overnight coffee cake sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Hoping to get the coffee cake made tonight. :-)

      Delete
  4. Hope you had a wonderful birthday! Congrats on completing the ABS challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday!! I did a veggie challenge last year and ate fennel for the first time. I was scared of the anise flavor as well. I roasted it with a little olive oil, Italian seasoning and parmesan cheese and it was delicious! We make it all the time now. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete