Friday, April 24, 2015

Ragnar Trail Zion - Pre-flight

Good morning from the glorious Zion Ponderosa Ranch. I'm just a few hours out from starting Ragnar Trail Zion 2015.

We left Vegas around 5pm last night and arrived at the most spectacular vacation home EVER around 10-10:30.

Good luck double rainbow on the drive
This is some serious GLAMPING we'll be doing. I took some virtual tour videos, but I'm not sure how well they turned out (never tried this function on my phone before). My phone is charging now, but I'm sure I'll take more pictures later. Be sure to follow me on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, or G+ for more updates throughout the weekend.

Here are a few pics of the house aka The Sanctuary (yes, that's the name of the vacation house; pretty fitting, right?).

Wide open kitchen

View from the living room

Upstairs TV area
Seriously, I think this vacation home is bigger than any house I've ever lived in. :) The mudroom/laundry room is the size of a pretty large bedroom. There is a huge living room (with a fireplace) on the ground floor as well as a master suite and a large bathroom.

The upstairs has a master suite with a jacuzzi bathtub, TV area (pictured above), 3 more bedrooms, and 2 more bathrooms.

There's even a hot tub outside, which we may or may not have already indulged in last night.

Now THIS is the way to do Ragnar Trail. Like I said, 100% unadulterated glamping is going down this weekend.

And maybe a little running, too. ;-)

While I'm out running and relaxing in this amazing house, feel free to read my recaps from 2013 and 2014.

2013: The Experience
2013: The Running
2013: A Few Other Things
2014: Here I Come
2014: The Recap

I'm excited to see what changes/improvements they made since last year. Prior to getting cancelled to the snow last year, the Ragnar staff had really made some great improvements to the transition area and courses, so I'm curious about what's changed for this year.

Have you ever run a race multiple years in a row, and noticed significant changes?
Who else is racing this weekend?

Twitter → @EnjoytheCourse
Instagram → enjoyingthecourse
Facebook → EnjoyingtheCourse
Google+ → Enjoying the Course
Pinterest → clarindad

5 comments:

  1. I do a few races every year and they mostly stay the same -- for better or worse! That house looks amazing, but the scenery still tops it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun! I'm living Ragnar vicariously through you so take lots of pics :)

    Enjoy the run!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ragnar has been a bucket list race of mine for years now...I need to get in on this. Your vacation home looks amazing, I'd never want to leave, forget the race haha! Hope you have a great time!

    ReplyDelete