Sunday, April 19, 2015

Workout Recap + Apr 19 Meal Plan

Wow! I can't believe how quickly April has FLOWN by! And that it's been a month since I last shared a meal plan/workout recap post. :(

It's kinda too bad, too, since I've had some really great workout weeks. I'm only going to recap this past week in detail, but here are a couple of clif notes for the weeks I missed.

March 30th, I decided to start my own Morning Wakeup routine - jumping jacks, squats, incline push-ups, sit-ups. I started with 10 and worked my way up to 25. I also started doing sun salutations every morning, starting with 1 and working up to 10.

April 1st I joined the #RockYourCore challenge. It's been super fun taking pictures and videos of the core pose/exercise of the day!

April 13 I started the #BikiniSeries. I feel really good about week 1. Whoo hoo!! I followed the exercise plan pretty well, but I know that food in my weakness in getting bikini ready.

Those are pretty much the clif notes, so here's how it broke down last week.

Workout Recap


Sunday: 10 Sun Salutations and Morning Wakeup (23 reps) in the hotel room at the Grand Canyon.

Monday: 10 Sun Salutations and Morning Wakeup (24 reps). Added :30 sec side planks (each side) to the Wakeup routine for #RockYourCore. Bikini Cardio - 4.3 miles for the #BikiniSeries. Sunkissed Abs.

Tuesday: 10 Sun Salutations and Morning Wakeup (25 reps). Added Russian Kicks to the Wakeup routine for #RockYourCore. The Mermaid Workout (#BikiniSeries).

Wednesday: 10 Sun Salutations and Morning Wakeup (25 reps). Added V-ups to the Wakeup routine for #RockYourCore. Bikini Booty (#BikiniSeries).

Thursday: 10 Sun Salutations and Morning Wakeup (25 reps). Added Bicycle Crunches to the Wakeup routine for #RockYourCore. Bikini Yoga and Bikini Arms (#BikiniSeries). 3.3 miles (9:15 pace).

Friday: 10 Sun Salutations. Insane Cardio (#BikiniSeries).

Saturday: #BikiniSeries Booty Workout. 10 Sun Salutations.

After getting to work later than usual every day this week, I decided on Friday that I might have to shelf my Morning Wakup during the #BikiniSeries Challenge. It's just too difficult to fit it all in. :)


What's for Dinner?


What's for Dinner? Week of Feb 22nd

Last week, there was a pretty nasty windstorm, and our power was out for more than 20 hours. Which meant most of our fridge had to be thrown out. It was SO hard to do! But ultimately, we decided to heed the recommendations of foodsafety.gov. After all, our health is more important than $100, right?

Yesterday morning, I picked up our bi-weekly Bountiful Basket. The veggies seemed a little light this week, but we got lots of delicious fruit! I already made a yummy fruit salad that will hopefully last a few days.

We got 2 spaghetti squash, which meant a visit to Pinterest for fun, unique ways to use that up. I made the most delicious dinner last night - Garlicky Broccoli & Spaghetti Squash.

Here's what I've got planned for the week.

Sunday: Pizza with Spaghetti Squash Crust

Monday: Bacon Spaghetti Squash Fritters

Tuesday: Leftovers

Wednesday: Broccoli Cheese Roll-ups



Thursday: Ragnar Trail Zion

Friday: Ragnar Trail Zion

Saturday: Ragnar Trail Zion

Breakfast:
Smoothies

Lunches:
Salads

Snacks/Dessert:
Fruit Salad
Cucumber Slices
Yogurt with Hemp Hearts

Sunday Prep:
Prep salads for this week's lunches
Make yogurt

What are you cooking up this week?
How were your workouts last week?


Be sure to stop by Laura @ Mommy Run Fast and Jill Conyers to check out what everyone else is cooking up this week.

Twitter → @EnjoytheCourse
Instagram → enjoyingthecourse
Facebook → EnjoyingtheCourse
Google+ → Enjoying the Course
Pinterest → clarindad

2 comments:

  1. Spaghetti Squash crust sounds delicious. All I want to do lately is yoga. So that's what I did last week. Lots of yoga :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You HAVE to try the spaghetti squash crust. My husband loved it so much that he asked for it again a few days later.

      Delete