Sunday, December 11, 2016

Week In Review 12/11

Kind of a busy week with thrift shopping, happy hour, bowling, a company holiday and of course, all the normal running.

Week in Review - 12/11/16

Sunday, 12/04

I woke up with pretty bad cramps and was overall feeling pretty crummy. I still wanted to stick to my Nike+ training program, so I half-assed my way through a strength workout. I figured a lazy attempt at a workout was better than skipping it.

The plan was to then go for a trail run with a friend. I was about to text her that I wasn't feeling well, so it would probably be more walking than actual running, when I received a text from her suggesting a Starbucks date instead of a run. Sounds good to me!

But first... #RWRunStreak Day 11. Just a slow, easy mile to keep the streak alive.

We met for coffee and then also headed to Savers. We were on the hunt for a rack, so I can get all crafty and make myself a medal rack. We found something that is kind of perfect (but a little different from all our Pinterest examples) for only $3.50! I also scored 3 pairs of boots, one of which was also only $3.50! Pretty successful trip to the thrift store, for sure.


Monday, 12/05

#RWRunStreak Day 12. Cold, dark mile with Sallie. As soon as we finished, I remembered that I had wanted to swap out my Mon & Tues runs. Oh well.

After work, we met up with an old friend of mine {from elementary school} for happy hour at Pink Taco. Margaritas, well drinks, and a good variety of food for $6 each (also 2-for-1 beers, if that's your thing) - probably one of best happy hours on The Strip. Especially since it goes from 3-7 PM.


Tuesday, 12/06

After bar food and 3 margaritas for dinner, I was pretty nervous about this run. #RWRunStreak Day 13. 400M Intervals with 2 min rest between each.

Paces → 9'49" | 8'38" | 8'12" | 8'35" | 8'58"

I wasn't feeling 100%, but still very pleased with how well this workout went.

My company holiday party was coming up Thurs evening, so I painted my nails in preparation. They didn't turn out as good as I hoped they would. All 10 nails were supposed to have the string of lights, but half of them were so horrible that I had to paint over them with a solid green.



Wednesday, 12/07

Our Columbus, OH, coworkers were in town for our holiday party. There had been same talk about going for a run in the afternoon, but their trip was pretty short, so we decided to skip it. Thankfully, we made that decision Tues afternoon, so I was able to get in #RWRunStreak Day 14 before work. Just a super slow mile with Sallie.

My lower legs were feeling a bit tight, so I took a few minutes post-run to do a little rolling.



Thursday, 12/08

#RWRunStreak Day 15. Longest run of the week. 3.77 miles. My goal pace was 11'06", but my actual pace ended up being only 10'38". The cold weather helped push me a little faster; I just wanted to get back to the warmth of my apartment.

I took a Starbucks break in the morning to redeem a free reward for my favorite holiday drink.

For lunch, we had an Ops Outing at Red Rock Lanes. We've got some pretty decent bowlers in my office! I am not one of them. I can't remember my final score, but at the end of frame 9, I was at 81. Frame 10 was a gutter and then some pins.


Our holiday party was in the evening at TopGolf at the MGM. After my morning run + the bowling, I didn't feel up to a driving range, so I just went for the socializing and free drinks/food.


Friday, 12/09

#RWRunStreak Day 16. Another slow, easy mile with Sallie.


Saturday, 12/10

I had a real tough time motivating myself to get out the door! I kept thinking I need to make sure I don't have speed work on the weekends, because weekends should be for easy runs. LOL. I finally managed to get #RWRunStreak Day 17 done around 1:30PM.

Intervals were on the schedule. 200M with 1:30 rest breaks in between. For not being in the mood, I kinda killed it out there.

Paces → 7'38" | 7'39" | 6'40" | 6'23" | 6'39" | 7'04"

We try to only go grocery shopping every other week. This was a shopping weekend, so I headed to Walmart and Whole Foods after my run.


How was your week last week?
Are you a thrift shopper? I really have to be in the right mood, but when I am and I find good deals, it's so much fun!


I'm linking up today with Tricia & Holly for the Weekly Wrap as well as Ilka & Angela for Sunday Fitness & Food.

Twitter → @EnjoytheCourse
Instagram → enjoyingthecourse
Facebook → EnjoyingtheCourse
Google+ → Enjoying the Course
Pinterest → clarindad

10 comments:

  1. I am so impressed that you had 3 margaritas and still ran, they'd be dragging me home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be fair, the 3 margaritas were Monday night and the run was Tuesday morning, so I at least had a night's sleep between the two. :-)

      Delete
  2. It sounds like a great week with some great speed workouts! It feels like it's been an eternity since I've pushed the speed...but for now I'm still easing into things and focusing more on strength workouts. Bowling is always fun! I get super happy when I break 100 LOL.

    And I love the nails, too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Strength workouts are so important! You've got to do what you got to do. ��

    Bowling is fun, but it's hard on my manicure. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute your nails are!!! I could not do this on my own and I think I've got a pretty steady hand but every time I try it just ends in a mess!
    Great job on the RWRunStreak! Yup the cold does help a lot with my paces. Appreciate you joining us for the Weekly Wrap Clarinda!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tricia! My left hand definitely turns it better than my right. 😂

      Delete
  5. Good job on streaking this week! Starbucks dates are the best. I must admit my medal racks are cheap expandable curtain rods from Walmart. I couldn't find anything else long enough to do the job! But, I'm not much of a shopper. Period. My husband is a great bowler. Me, not so much. Thanks for linking, Clarinda!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. An expandable curtain rod sounds like a creative idea for a medal rack!

      Delete
  6. Sounds like a busy & productive week! Great job on the streak!! ps-I love your nails!! Thanks for linking up at Sunday Fitness & Food.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Angela! Even though I don't really celebrate Christmas, this time of year still gets very busy!

      Delete