Tuesday, December 20, 2016

My Year in Race Bling 2016

Today's topic for Tuesday's on the Run is Your year in race bling and/or pictures. I didn't run a lot of races this year, but here's the bling I managed to snag.


I didn't write a recap for all of them, but click on the pictures to read the recaps that I did write.

Sin City Shootout Double Your Luck Challenge
 Sin City Shootout 10k & 5k
January 17, 2016

Zion Half Marathon
Zion Half Marathon
March 12, 2016

Recycled Run Half Marathon
2016 Spring Recycled Run
April 30, 2016
**rollover to see the recycled medal I chose**

Ragnar Trail Zion
Ragnar Trail Zion
May 13-14, 2016

PJ 5k
PJ 5K Run
November 20, 2016

I think that's all of them. Interesting that all but one race was run in the first half of the year. :-)

2017 will probably have even fewer races, and I'm totally OK with that.


Don't forget to pop over to Marcia's Healthy Slice to see everyone else's race bling of 2016.

Twitter → @EnjoytheCourse
Instagram → enjoyingthecourse
Facebook → EnjoyingtheCourse
Google+ → Enjoying the Course
Pinterest → clarindad

22 comments:

  1. You earned some nice medals this year- congrats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lisa! It was fun to look back, because I had already forgotten about a couple. LOL.

      Delete
  2. Love all the bling! Are you getting tired of races?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Katie! Tired of races? Me? Never! My pocketbook? Yep.

      I've just got to be very selective with the races I do.

      Delete
  3. I"m coveting that Zion half marathon medal! Actually any of the national park halfs would be ok with me! What a fun year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Zion medal is amazing! I remember how impressed/delighted I was when I received it at the finish line.

      Delete
  4. You did Zion!! I was registered for Grand Teton but I couldn't make it work. Whomp whomp. Maybe in 2018 I'll get out there. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I won free entry to Zion, so I really couldn't pass it up. 😍

      Delete
  5. Looks like a pretty impressive assortment of bling to me! I too am eyeing that Zion medal! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Marcia! It's good to look back. Since most of my races were in the first half of the year, I kinda forgot about some of these. 😵

      Delete
  6. Considering where you live, it's not surprising that your races were done in the first half of the year! I live in upstate NY, so most of my races tend to be in late fall (because I don't like to race in the heat -- I would die in Vegas!). I usually shoot for a half in the spring, and maybe two in the fall.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to do a Ragnar so bad! I can never find time to fit one into my schedule though. It feels like every time I have the opportunity something else comes up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get to do one sometime, Montana! They can be a lot of fun. I've done both road and trail Ragnars, and I'd recommend both. 😍

      Delete
  8. Wow, chicky! This is a collection to be super proud of! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are some really great medals. I would love Ragnar to come to France one day.
    I think it is normal to go through cycles... there are some years I love racing, and others I just want to run.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Karen! Ragnar through the French countryside would be amazing. I assume anyway. I've never been to France myself. :)

      Delete
  10. That Zion half medal is gorgeous! I love Ragnar--such a fun experience. And yes, cycles are normal and natural and necessary!
    Now, about that French Ragnar that Karen mentioned....

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great year of racing. I bet that Zion half was amazing!

    ReplyDelete