Sunday, December 25, 2016

Week in Review 12/25

Merry Christmas!

Hope you all are enjoying a lovely day with family. I'm off to run the Las Vegas Strip in my Christmas hat. More on that next Sunday. :-)


In the meantime, here is my recap of last week.

Week in Review - 12/11/16

Sunday, 12/18

Today was a benchmark run. It's a 7 minute warm-up, 3 minutes as fast as you can, and a 5 minute cool-down. It felt great, despite being sore from volunteering on Saturday (link is a video). My app didn't break it down into splits, but I think I ran this a little faster than the previous benchmark run a couple weeks ago. #RWRunStreak Day 25.


Monday, 12/19

REST DAY! So, it was just a cold mile with Sallie. It was only 30F here in Vegas, so I had to bundle up extra warm since Sallie likes to take a lot of breaks to sniff and pee and poo. #RWRunStreak Day 26.


Tuesday, 12/20

My vacation started today, so it was nice to be able to run in the daylight! I ran 200m intervals with a 2:45 walk break between each. Interval #5 was a 6'56" pace. What the what?! A pace like that makes me think that maybe my app miscalculated. 😂

A photo posted by Clarinda (@enjoyingthecourse) on


Wednesday, 12/21

My 12 year wedding anniversary! 😍

Jeff had gone out before me but forgot to drop off the RedBox movies, so I ran an easy mile with Sallie to return them. He said it was super cold out, but it wasn't that bad. I was a bit overdressed. LOL. #RWRunStreak Day 28.

After my run, I did a Nike workout. Burpees, Bounds, and Bridges. It was a tough 30 minutes that left me shaking and dripping with sweat. Oh yeah!

It was a pretty casual day complete with a nap and some cookie baking. Then I got all dolled up for dinner at Silk Road Asian Bistro.


I really love how my hair, nails, and make-up turned out!


Thursday, 12/22

Just another nice, easy mile with Sallie. #RWRunStreak Day 29.


Friday, 12/23

#RWRunStreak Day 30 was a tempo run. I didn't sleep well the night before and my eyeballs still felt tired when I headed out for my run. I wasn't expecting much from the run, so imagine my surprise when the 9'09" pace seemed like a breeze!  My goal pace was a 10'06" but I couldn't go any slower than I was going. 😎


Saturday, 12/24

#RWRunStreak Day 31. Just an easy one-miler.

And then, Jeff and I took Sallie up the mountain to play in some snow for Christmas Eve!


How was your week last week?
Do you work out more or less when you're not working?


I'm linking up today with Tricia & Holly for the Weekly Wrap.

Twitter → @EnjoytheCourse
Instagram → enjoyingthecourse
Facebook → EnjoyingtheCourse
Google+ → Enjoying the Course
Pinterest → clarindad

10 comments:

  1. Great speed work right there and what??? That's an amazing pace! I do love getting dressed up too!
    I'd say I get more variety in my workouts when I'm not working!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! That's kinda why I think my app miscalculated something. LOL.

      I didn't do anything while on vacation this time - just my normal workouts. It was nice to do the runs in the daylight, though.

      Delete
  2. My workouts fluctuate when I'm on vacation. Although I have more "free" time, I also seem to spend more time playing catch-up with blogging and other household stuff. Such is life ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you are mixing up your runs - so fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Coco! I'm following a Nike+ training program right now. :-)

      Delete
  4. I did the holiday runstreak last year and loved it. It was a good excuse to try new runs and routes without getting burnt out. Congrats on 12 years!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Elizabeth! It's been a fun adventure and I'm looking forward to many more years with jeff.

      I like doing the runners world runstreaks because there is a definite end date. LOL.

      Delete
  5. Your running streak is still going strong! I do tend to run more when I'm on vacation since there is no mad rush to get to the office. I can bet Sallie had the best time playing in the snow. I don't thing my two current dogs have ever experienced it. That 6:XX interval is very impressive! Happy Anniversary and Merry Christmas. Thanks for linking, Clarinda!

    ReplyDelete