Sunday, December 4, 2016

Week in Review 12/04

Mostly a good week last week. #RWRunStreak is going strong and I'm keeping up with my Nike+ Run Club training program, too. The cold weather sucks, but at least it's helping me run a bit FASTER! 🏃

Week in Review - 12/04/16

Sunday, 11/27

#RWRunStreak Day 4. My running partner's daughter wasn't feeling well, so I didn't end up going for my run until MUCH later in the day than originally intended. My training plan called for a 15 minute recovery run, but I ran for nearly 3 extra minutes. Took it easy and still managed a 10 min pace. Whoo hoo!!

Monday, 11/28

#RWRunStreak Day 5. Left a little late, so Sallie had to stay home. Pro of running late was a 9:45 pace! Wow! And still took the time for one of my favorite breakfasts - fried polenta topped with a fried egg, Muenster cheese, and sliced tomatoes and avocados. So yummy!!

My Favorite Breakfast

Tuesday, 11/29

#RWRunStreak Day 6. First benchmark run {7 min slow & easy; 3 min hard AF; 5 min cool down} of this training program. Overall pace was a little slower than earlier this week, but for the all-out effort portion, I managed an 8:33 pace. Exciting!!


Wednesday, 11/30

#RWRunStreak Day 7. SUPER slow run with the Sallie girl. I'm talking a 14 minute mile. Good thing it was a rest day. 😄


Thursday, 12/01

#RWRunStreak Day 8. Long run (30 min). Did my regular 3 mile route. It was pretty fricking COLD! I thought the cold would help me run faster, but it was pretty average (10:15 pace).


Friday, 12/02

#RWRunStreak Day 9. I took the day off from work, and it was so nice to be able to run in the DAYLIGHT! Took Sallie with me for a slow little 1 mile jaunt. She was a bit faster and more focused than on Wednesday, but it was still a 13+ minute mile.

Since it was a lazy morning, I made eggnog french toast before my run.

Egg Nog French Toast

We then spent ALL day out and about. We brought Genie in for an oil change, and then checked out a few eye doctors. Apparently, I've been paying for vision insurance all year, so I need to get an appointment before the end of the year. Luckily, we found one we liked and will be making an appointment soon.


Saturday, 12/03

#RWRunStreak Day 10. Tempo Run (10 min). I really pushed it on this run. My pace was around an 8:45. Wow! I haven't seen that kind of pace in a LONG time! I kind of had to talk myself into running this fast, and there may or may not have been a few pep talks throughout the 10 minutes, and it was several minutes after I finished before I caught my breath, but it was all TOTALLY worth it.


How was your week last week?
Do you prefer a sweet or a savory breakfast? Obviously, I enjoy both, depending on the day!


I'm linking up today with Tricia & Holly for the Weekly Wrap as well as Ilka & Angela for Sunday Fitness & Food.

Twitter → @EnjoytheCourse
Instagram → enjoyingthecourse
Facebook → EnjoyingtheCourse
Google+ → Enjoying the Course
Pinterest → clarindad

20 comments:

  1. Awesome job on pushing yourself on the hard days, and taking it easy on the easy days. Looks like your body is handling the streak well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really look forward to those easy recovery days! That french toast looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sarah! Try subbing egg nog for the milk the next time you make french toast. So yummy! :-)

      Delete
  3. Ack - your post about your oil change reminded me that one of my headlights is out. I knew there was something else I needed to do today! It sounds like you got everything done at least - good job on the streaking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh! You better get that taken care of! 😀

      Yes, it feels good to get things done. Even if it takes all day.

      Delete
  4. Good week of training! I'm looking forward to taking it easy until after the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The holidays are a good excuse to take it easy. But maybe not too easy. 😄

      Delete
  5. I'm impressed with your streaking and your paces...way to go girl! That eggnog french toast look ah-mazing!! You must share the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good idea! I'll try to put a recipe post together. Good excuse to make this again.

      Delete
  6. Yay for Streaking! Awesome job! My streak runs have been very easy-paced, and all have been outside (in the crazy Iowa weather).

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never heard of eggnog french toast! Sounds yummy. I haven't had any cold weather runs yet but I bet I will this weekend as its suppose to get cold!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool weather is relative, I suppose. It's been in the 40s, which is very cold for me. Lol.

      Simply replace egg nog for the milk in your favorite French toast recipe, and voila! Egg nog French toast.

      Delete
  8. Hi Clairinda, it is nice to meet you! I'm so glad you have joined us for the Weekly Wrap! OMG I do love the frog picture! So cute!
    I am jealous your participating in the RWRunStreak. I am swamped with travel and half's right now that its not smart for me to try but I enjoyed a streak all summer and I'm thinking about doing it again.
    I do love french toast so that sounds amazing to me!
    Hope to see you again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tricia! I hope to join the linkup next week, too. Thanks for hosting. 😍

      Delete
  9. Welcome to the Weekly Wrap, Clarinda! You mentioned your training program. Are you training for a specific race right now? Congrats on those speedy paces! I'm a little scared to try a running streak at my "advanced age". LOL. If I took my dogs, that might help me to cut some days short. Hope to see you again here next week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there! Nope, I'm not training for any specific race right now. Just trying to get stronger and build a good solid base.

      Delete
  10. Hi Clarinda! Thanks so much for linking up at Sunday Fitness & Food :-) It sounds like a great week of running. I am so impressed by your Run Streak, Nice work!!

    ReplyDelete