Friday, February 10, 2017

Friday Five 2.0 - Love

I'm taking a sick day today. I haven't been feeling tiptop the last few days, so I figured a day off from work would do me some good.

I haven't been as good at blogging since I started ultra training. I've been pretty tired and sore and focused on training.

But since I'm home from work today and came across this quote, I thought it was perfect for this week's Friday Five 2.0.

Love yourself. It is important to stay positive because beauty comes from the inside out. Jenn Proske

With Valentine's Day coming up next week, it's no surprise that this week's topic for Friday Five 2.0 is Love.

Five+ Ways to Love Yourself


1. Take a rest day. That's what I'm doing today. I'm looking forward to doing absolutely nothing today, with a nap or two sprinkled in.

2. Go outside. Soak up some Vitamin D. Take a hike or go for a run. Or simply sit in a park and read a book.

3. Have a spa day. If you can, go to an actual spa. Or, if you're a penny pincher, like me, have a DIY spa day. Soak your feet in warm water with Epsom salt. Take a bubble bath with your favorite music and candlelight. Paint your nails.

4. Make a list of things that make you happy. Reminding yourself of what makes you happy will feel like a big hug and certainly make you feel loved. Back in 2013, I made such a list. It still makes me smile.

5. Laugh. They say laughter is the best medicine, and I tend to agree. Laughter can make you feel all warm and fuzzy.

Plus. Do Yoga! We hold so much emotion in our tight muscles, and releasing it is a great way to give yourself some love. Even if you're not very good at yoga, or don't consider yourself a yogi, take some time to stretch. Or have a date with a foam roller.

5+ Ways to Love Yourself

Now I'm off to relish in my rest day. And maybe do a couple other things on this list.


Be sure to stop by Running on Happy and Fairytales and Fitness to see what everyone else is loving on today.

Twitter → @EnjoytheCourse
Instagram → enjoyingthecourse
Facebook → EnjoyingtheCourse
Google+ → Enjoying the Course
Pinterest → clarindad

6 comments:

  1. Don't forget about cuddling with your pet!
    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Taking a rest day is always a great idea! I think we simply don't do that enough!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great list! Taking a rest day when you need it is so important. And never underestimate the power of the sun! It's tough in the winter with short days and cold temps, plus we've been getting a lot of rain where I am. But getting outside makes a huge difference.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't agree more! The sun always makes me smile and lifts my spirits. Luckily for me, I live where sunny days far outnumber rainy days. :-)

      Delete