Monday, February 3, 2014

9 guilty pleasures

It's Monday! Time for another listicle. This week we're talking guilty pleasures, as suggested by Phoebe over at In Momopause.

Don't deny it. We all have at least a few guilty pleasures. Here's a list of 9 that Jeff and I share.

9 Guilty Pleasures


1. Chocolate. Really any form will do.

2. Driving Genie. This one is more me than Jeff, but we both really love driving our Scion iQ - even though we know we should bike more often and to more places.

3. Bread. Pretty much the same as chocolate. We could easily eat bread in just about any form. Sourdough. Whole wheat. Oat. Banana. Muffins. Dinner rolls. Etc. Etc.

4. Sallie. We love everything her. Her big black eyes melt our hearts. We snuggle with, and dote on, her more often than we maybe should.

5. TV. This one is a little more Jeff than me, but we both get sucked way too easily into TV and suddenly the night or weekend is over.

6. Shopping. Not together, but it's a weakness of both of us. He prefers to shop online; I prefer to go to a store. Either way, we can get sucked into browsing and spending money.

7. Travel. We LOVE to travel, but it's not without a little guilty. Guilt at spending money, but also guilt at leaving Sallie behind.

8. Dinner and Drinks. Pretty much the same reasons as for Travel. It's fun while we're out, but not without a little bit of guilt.

9. Fast Food. We've gotten much better about this over the past month or so, but sometimes those fries are just irresistible.

That's all we could come up with. We each have a couple guilty pleasures on our own, but nothing too crazy.

What is your #1 guilty pleasure?

Twitter → @EnjoytheCourse
Instagram → enjoyingthecourse
Facebook → EnjoyingtheCourse
Google+ → Enjoying the Course
Pinterest → clarindad

19 comments:

  1. none :-) I LOVE ME BRAVO TV--sans guilt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, Carla. I don't think I've ever actually watched anything on Bravo, but enjoy your guilt free TV.

      Delete
  2. I think dinner & drinks for me and the hubby as well. It's just nice not having to deal with the cooking, cleaning, etc. But at the same time I know we're wasting money and could be eating healthier food at home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the hardest time with guilt when we travel and leave our dog behind! It's terrible!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean...I'm always worried because I wonder if they feel like I 'left him behind' on purpose.

      Delete
    2. I know! We have a pretty fun long weekend trip planned in May, and the guilt is already setting in.

      Delete
  4. Bread is one of my guilty pleasures too...it tastes so good but in the back of my head...I know overdoing it is so bad. I agree with you. Sometimes, I really crave fast-food fries...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Could've totally added bread as a category in and of itself as you did! I just got done eating a slice of buttered french bread as I read your post (didn't have any Nutella around)! Food is definitely a common-theme on this week's lists!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah ha ha! What an adorable name for your car!! :) It fits perfectly! My car's name is Wolfie - he and Genie might hit it off? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Guess it's good that we don't have a dog--I would hate to feel guilty when I'm traveling! :)

    Marie at www.everydaymiracle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We certainly wouldn't trade her for the world, but she does hold us back some.

      Delete
  8. Hmmm, can't seem to pick just one, but I am a totally bread-a-holic too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seems like bread is a pretty common weakness. Who knew? :-)

      Delete
  9. I can not, for the life of me, figure out why I left travel off my list! Drat! Oh well. :) Great list!! Don't feel guilty when you go away and leave Sallie in trusted caregiver hands. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete