Saturday, June 3, 2017

Ultimate Coffee Date - June 2017

I really missed catching up with all of you last month, and I just couldn't let two months go by without a coffee date!


It's getting HOT here in Vegas. I think our high today is 104 F. Yikes! So, I'm sipping on delicious Iced Protein Coffee.

If we were having coffee today... I'd share with you how I made this delicious drink. :)
  1. Brew your favorite coffee.
  2. While it's brewing, mix your favorite protein powder with 8 oz of almond milk. Add in 1/2 tsp cinnamon and a sprinkle or two of nutmeg.
  3. Fill a cup with ice cubes.
  4. Pour about 2 cups (12 oz) of coffee over the ice. Why do coffee makers make 6-oz cups?! When everyone knows a cup is 8 oz?! lol
  5. Pour half (4 oz) of the protein almond milk over the coffee.
  6. Add more ice, if desired.

If we were having coffee today... I'd tell you how excited I am for summer.
  • My parents and older sister are coming for a visit in August to celebrate my 40th birthday. I'm definitely excited, though still a little in disbelief that I'll be 40 in a couple months! How did that even happen?!
  • Birthday shenanigans will commence 30 days out with an exciting adventure with Jeff AND with the start of a 30-day fitness challenge. You'll definitely want to stay tuned for more info because it's going to be so. much. fun!
  • Jeff planned a lot of fun things for us to do to celebrate my birthday when my family is in town. It's going to be a great time, and I can hardly wait! Be sure to follow me on Instagram or Twitter to follow along on all the shenanigans. :)
  • But even before my birthday there's BlogFest in July. I'm so excited that I get to go and hope to learn lots of blogging tricks and fitness tips. I'm also excited because it's happening less than a mile from my apartment. Talk about convenient! I don't have to worry about parking or anything. It will be a sweaty good time. :)


I'd definitely ask you what you were most looking forward to this summer.

If we were having coffee today... I'd tell you how much I'm looking forward to saying good-bye to this apartment. Our lease isn't up until March (I think), so it won't happen for awhile. I'm a tiny bit sad to be moving away from the Strip, but definitely not enough to stay in this complex. We've been here since moving to Vegas in 2012, and it's beyond time to move on to a new area. We're not sure where we'll be moving yet. It's a little too early to actually start contacting leasing offices, but we're casually looking at different areas where we think we might like to move.

If we were having coffee today... I'd tell you how we are shifting to a much more minimalist living style, partially in preparation of our upcoming move. Not only are we focused on purging things we don't use, but we're shifting to floor-living. If you really want to know how tight your hip flexors are try primarily sitting cross-legged on the floor. Lol. It will definitely take a while for me to adjust, but there are a lot of health benefits and other benefits, too. I'll probably post more on floor-living in the future.

If we were having coffee today... I'd tell you that Jeff and I are driving up to Zion National Park on Monday to go hiking and to pick-up Katie after she and Kristy finish hiking the Grand Canyon R2R2R. I had entertained the thought of doing this hike with them so I'm excited to hear about how it went first-hand.

Well, time to refill my coffee (yes, it was SO good that I'm having a 2nd one.) and get some stuff ready for purging (i.e. a trip to GoodWill).

If we were having coffee today, what would you tell me? What are you most looking forward to this summer? How often do you sit on the floor?


Thanks for joining me for some coffee today and hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend! Be sure to stop by our lovely hosts Deborah and Coco to catch up over coffee with some other amazing bloggers.

Twitter → @EnjoytheCourse
Instagram → enjoyingthecourse
Facebook → EnjoyingtheCourse
Google+ → Enjoying the Course
Pinterest → clarindad

16 comments:

  1. I have always wanted to go to blogfest and have not been able to swing it. The dates never seem too work for me. Can't wait to hear all about it. Thanks for joining us for coffee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just couldn't resist when no travel was involved! I literally run by it on nearly every run.

      Delete
  2. I have not heard of floor living before -- will be interested to hear more. We won't be moving for ages since we just redid our kitchen, but I've been trying to not accumulate "stuff" since our last move. The hardest is not buying souvenirs.

    Thanks for joining us for coffee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think there's anything wrong with souvenirs, but it's amazing all the other little things that add up because you buy more thinking you don't have whatever it is.

      Floor living basically gets rid of most of the bulky furniture (think couches) and puts you right on the floor, but with lots of cushions. Think Japanese style. I'll definitely be talking about it more on the blog from time to time.

      Delete
  3. Once we're retirement age, which sadly really isn't that far away, I'd love to purge a ton of stuff and travel as much as possible!! We just moved last October and had to get rid of some things simply because we moved into a much smaller house. I'm trying not to accumulate more :) I'll be interested in reading more about this "floor living"! Have a great birthday month and visit with your family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Moving into a smaller house is definitely a great opportunity to do some purging. :) Definitely stay tuned for more info on floor living.

      June is either going to drag or go by too fast in anticipation of my birthday month. LOL

      Delete
  4. Ok, so I am intrigued with this idea of floor living so you will have to share more! Enjoy your birthday month and remember we are only as old as we feel! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. I don't mind being 40. It's kind of exciting. It just doesn't seem like 25 was that long ago. :-D

      Delete
  5. Curious to learn more about floor-living! August is my birthday month too! I'm thinking of celebrating every day ;)

    I'll have to try your iced coffee recipe - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you try it and like it!

      You should definitely celebrate your birthday every day. :) My birthday challenge will start on July 12, and you should definitely join the fun. Details to come.

      Delete
  6. Happy early birthday! 40 was weird for me too, like how did THAT happen? ha ha. I don't mind being 40 It's just strange that I'm not 30 anymore. Can't wait to see you at Blogfest and to see your fitness challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, exactly! Wasn't it just 1995?! lol.

      Blogfest is going to be so much fun!!

      Delete
  7. I've always wanted to hike in a national park! Also I totally get being ready to move...we've been in the same apartment since 09 and I'm so ready for a house!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you get into a house soon. :)

      I'm lucky that we live fairly close to Zion National Park, Death Valley, and Grand Canyon. Also, Red Rock which is super close to Vegas. :)

      Delete
  8. Blogfest sounds so interesting... how convenient that it is so close for you. Floor living sounds interesting, looking forward to hearing more about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm definitely excited that Blogfest is so close to me this year. :)

      Delete