Wednesday, May 31, 2017

May Report Card

Is it just me, or did May fly by even faster than April? Lots of changes at work in May, and with that came a lot of craziness. There were plentiful of days that were straight up STRESSFUL!

The Bikini Series really helped to keep me sane. 😊

May Report Card

General Running/Training (25%): A

Definitely giving May an A. I've done really well sticking to the Bikini Series workout plan, and I definitely feel myself getting stronger. I'm even getting closer to fitting back into those jeans. You know the ones. I've had a few runs that felt pretty effortless with increased speed! Woot! Now, I just need to start incorporating some more speed workouts to see if I can get even a little bit faster.


Run at least 600 Miles (25%): B

May was better than April and definitely better than March, but I'm still a bit behind with this goal. The monthly average to complete this goal has now creeped up to about 57 miles per month for the rest of the year. It started at 50 miles per month, which I thought was going to be a challenge, but not too much of a challenge.


I'm still feeling pretty confident, though! The summer #RWRunStreak just started on Monday, so that will help increase my mileage in June. Plus, I won entry to a virtual race in Aug. There are different distance options, but I'm leaning toward the half marathon, so I should probably start training for that soon{ish}.


Be More Active in the Local Running Community (25%): A

I finally made it out for my first group run of the year. On Memorial Day. It was a lot of fun! We ran. We hiked to the summit. We ran some more. I stuck with a girl I'd met that day, and we were pretty perfect running mates.
1 of 8 group runs completed
1 of 3 times volunteering at a local race


12 Trails of 2017 (20%): A

This month we discovered a park in the northwest - Lone Mountain! We did a walk from one park to the other, and Sallie even came with us. Though she did get a wee bit hot. :)

Twelve Trails of 2017 - May


Current Events Night (5%): C

While we still didn't do a Current Events night, I did catch-up on Last Week Tonight. I'm changing up this goal to spend a couple hours a month watching this program and then reading some follow-up articles/watching related videos to the topics John Oliver brings up on his show.


Final Grade for May: A-

Thanks to the Bikini Series, I'm really pleased with May! Forcing myself out to the group run on Memorial Day was a huge step for me, too.

It definitely was a good month. :)

How was your May?
Do you still check-in with your 2017 goals?


To see my grades from all year:
January
February
March
April

Twitter → @EnjoytheCourse
Instagram → enjoyingthecourse
Facebook → EnjoyingtheCourse
Google+ → Enjoying the Course
Pinterest → clarindad

26 comments:

  1. I would have to agree that May went by way quicker than June. Also the weather was kind of crazy this month too! You definitely had a really good month - great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've been working really hard, and I think it helped make the month go by so fast!

      Delete
  2. Oh I like the twelve trails of the year idea, and your retro graphic for it. Good luck with your mileage goal, but listen to your body on that one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mary! It's been fun so far. :) I really liked how the graphic turned out, so thank you for complimenting me on it.

      I'll definitely listen to my body with the mileage goal. ;)

      Delete
  3. I have monthly goals/challenges (usually "supplemental" exercises/workouts to enhance my running and overall fitness)...but I have not come up with anything for June...yet. YIKES! Thanks for the prompt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's great that you made it out to a group run.I hope you find your peeps out there. Mine really help me to stay motivated

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I almost didn't make it; almost talked myself out of it, BUT I'd laid out all my stuff before before {just in case}, so I forced myself to do it. I'm glad I did, too.

      Delete
  5. Um yes... May went waaaaay faster than April! How is it already June now?!

    I'm so glad you made it to a group run! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like an exceptional month! May did fly by...but it seems these days as if every month does!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :-) I'm kinda hoping that the summer heat will help slow things down a bit. Probably a pipe dream. lol

      Delete
  7. Love that your overall running and finding a new trail was an A!! Plus being active in your local running community! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Ilka! This was my best month of the year so far!

      Delete
  8. May was just crazy fast!! I like your breakdown! Great month!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree, great month! Those little challenges help push us along don't they? I love your idea of the 12 trails of 2017- very cool idea and great cross training!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I try to make at least one yearly goal something fun to do with my non-runner husband. :)

      Delete
  10. Fantastic month! I'm interested to see what June brings... may was just straight up bizarre!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. May was just FAST for me. And a bit stressful at time. Definitely ready for June and SUMMER!

      Delete
  11. Wow, why a great month!!!! I can only imagine June will be awesome for you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You still have plenty of time in 2017 to reach those yearly goals. Try to not focus too much on what your monthly averages need to be in order to reach them. I know that its hard not to, because I do as well, but you had a great May and I'm sure that June will be an even better month for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kathryn! May was better than April, which was better than March, so I think I'm definitely on my way to meeting my year goal mileage.

      Delete
  13. I love the trail calendar you have up! That's such a cute idea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I was really proud of how it came together. :)

      Delete
  14. Thanks, Karen! Group runs are hard for this introvert. :-)

    My birthday challenge will be a 30-day fitness challenge. There will be daily exercises plus other fun challenges. It's going to be a lot of fun, so I hope you'll join me!

    ReplyDelete