Sunday, September 10, 2017

Week in Review - 9/10

Looking back at this week, I'd have to say it was a pretty good one! Maybe it was the 2 long runs. Or the slightly cooler weather. Or the super short work week. There were a few issues that I'm not going to mention because I don't want to dwell on the negativity. Let's just focus on the positive, okay?

Week in Review 9/10

Week in Review 9/4 - 9/10

Monday, 9/4
Holidays are for group trail runs, right? I started my Labor Day running 9.66 miles on some nearby trails. It was gorgeous! Of course, my phone was incapacitated, so I couldn't snap any pics of my own. I did steal a couple that the group shared on FB.

TrailRunning.Vegas Group Run
The whole group at the beginning

Little Red Rock
Halfway / Turn Around Point

I <3 Trails

Tuesday, 9/5
After a long run on Monday, I decided it would be best to give my body a little rest on Tuesday.

Wednesday, 9/6
My phone still hadn't arrived by Wednesday morning. Good thing I have my Garmin to record my runs now. :) I finished my 2.85 mile run to this amazing sunrise. I convinced Jeff to come out to see it and snap a picture for me.

Gorgeous sunrise!

@EnjoytheCourse breaks down her week! TWO long runs plus some other fun, too. :)

Thursday, 9/7
Managed a little strength training before work. Sunshine Sculpt + 3 DMs (reverse crunches, tricep dip + leg extensions, pushups). It's all I could manage. :-) I took a half day at work because even a 4-day work week seemed too long last week. I took Sallie for a short walk before meeting up with Jeff's cousin who was in town for her daughter's 21st birthday.

Cloudy walk with Sallie for Charity Miles (ASPCA)
It was so cloudy! But the overcast skies were so intriguing.
Sprinkles cupcake
Yummy Sprinkles cupcake.
Friday, 9/8
I took off Friday as well! I felt a little guilty because there was a lot going on at work last week, but I'm feeling pretty refreshed now, so I'm glad I took the time. I really wanted to get in some speed work because I hadn't yet, but man, it was a struggle to get my butt out the door.  The rain started about halfway through my 3.0 mile run. It helped with the recovery of the fartleks I did for this week's speed work.

Rainy Day Speed Work

Saturday, 9/9
Booty Burn (11 min) + 5 DMs (Braced squat, Single arm kettlebell swing, Single leg deadlift, Sumo squat, Sumo squat to press) + Hatha Yoga (39 min). Great start to the day! I also managed to convince Jeff to take a nice, long evening walk with me.

Evening walk in my prAna outfit
Because every walk should include some yoga!
Love my new prAna outfit! Use FACD15 to save 15% on your next prAna purchase.

The treat was a Starbucks before heading back home.

Iced pumpkin spice latte at Starbucks

The Sallster got to come with us, too, but she just had water at Starbucks. ;-)

Sallie got some water at Starbucks.
Sunday, 9/10
I slept in much later than I should have this morning, and didn't end up starting my long run until 10AM. I was quite HOT by the end, but I did manage 10 miles. I'm happy with that, even if there were more frequent walk breaks during the last 3 miles. I had a cooling towel with me that really made the difference, I think.

Post-run jump!


Numbers
Runs: 4 runs | 25.51 total miles
Strength: 2 days
Yoga: 1 session
Step Goal: All 7 days! Current streak - 13 days

How was your week?

I'm linking up today with guest host Sara as well Tricia & Holly for the Weekly Wrap. Have a fantastic week, everyone!

Twitter → @EnjoytheCourse
Instagram → enjoyingthecourse
Facebook → EnjoyingtheCourse
Google+ → Enjoying the Course
Pinterest → clarindad

27 comments:

  1. All great reasons for a good week! Strong week of work. That cupcake looks amazing and Salster....so cute!! I loved reading your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why DID our short week feel so long? Nice week and mileage for you! Starbucks is always my treat! I had three PSLs this week. A little too much treating, I guess. Does Jeff roll his eyes when you ask him to take a pic? Just wondering...my husband does. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This definitely wasn't my first Starbucks test of the week. 😳 I try to not ask Jeff too often to take pics because I know it's not his favorite thing. 😉

      Delete
  3. I am so impressed that you are all running in that heat out there. I am so enjoying our cooler temps. That cupcake :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to cooler temps, too, but they are taking their sweet time. ☹️

      Delete
  4. Great week Clarinda! Those trail run views looks so pretty and peaceful! Sallie ..what a cutie! Oh my goodness, sprinkle cupcakes and starbucks ...yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great week! Gosh it's been so long since I've done a double digit run...I'm jealous ;-) I'd love a good trail run, too, but I did get in a bit of a walk through part of a trail this weekend;

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It had been quite awhile for me too. You'll get back there, I'm sure of it!

      Delete
  6. interesting and inpirational review.. great work..
    keep the good work up !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on a great week - especially your 10 miler!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My week seemed OK, even with one less day. I was ready for my weekend though. I love 3-day weekends, but then I have to squish everything in to 4 days instead of 5.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great week.I think with the cooler temps now It has been easier to get runs in. I don't mind this weather but I hate winter runs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I moved to Vegas because I hate winter. It still gets cold here, but so much more manageable! :)

      Delete
  10. Great job with your mileage, especially those long runs! I would love to run on the trails near you - they look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Come to Vegas, and I'll happily take you out on some trails. :)

      Delete
  11. Great work - you look happy and strong jumping at the end of your 10 miler.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Abby! I was starting to get pretty worn out by the end, but I still finished strong. :)

      Delete
  12. A day off is sometime what the body needs. Great mileage this week. Trail running is fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Yes, I've really come to love trail running. :)

      Delete
  13. I know! I feel like I'm always going from 0 to 60. Where's my mid-range?! lol

    ReplyDelete