Sunday, September 17, 2017

Week in Review - 9/17

In the history of weeks, this certainly won't go down with the best of them. :( Lots of stress at work; not enough working out. But it ended (spoiler alert) with a pretty kick-ass half marathon, so I'm happy again. Fingers crossed next week will be a little better on the work front.

Week in Review 9/17

Week in Review 9/11 - 9/17

Monday, 9/11
After last Sunday's 10-miler, I thought some yoga was in order to start the week. This Deep Stretch Yoga was 45 minutes of just what I needed. I felt refreshed and ready to tackle the new week. Until about 10 minutes after getting to work. I already knew by then that it was going to be a tough week. By time I got home from work, I was only at about 30% of my step goal, which meant an evening walk with Sallie.

Evening Walk with Sallie
Crazy girl loves hopping up and walking on short walls, curbs, etc.
And a gorgeous sunset!

Gorgeous Sunset in Las Vegas, NV

Tuesday, 9/12
I started Tuesday off nice and easy with a little 5k run. Nothing remarkable about this run. Definitely the best part of the day, as work did not improve at all from Monday. :-(

Post-run stretch - standing pigeon

Wednesday, 9/13
I figured I deserved a rest day after my long run, yoga, and easy run. Instead, I worked on a blog post. I didn't finish it, but I made some good progress.

@EnjoytheCourse ended her week with the #seatoshiningseavr virtual half. Check out what else she was up to last week.

Thursday, 9/14
Another rest day. I just couldn't force my butt out the door for a run. I had planned on doing a speed work run, but the thought of doing it was just. too. much. So, I skipped it.

The day wasn't a total bust, though. I did convince Jeff to go on a walk with me and Sallie.

Evening walk with Sallie

I also finished my post on Ovarian Cancer Awareness.

Friday, 9/15
Another morning where I just couldn't get out of bed. In fact, I went back to sleep after my alarm. Don't worry. I had another one set, so I'd still have plenty of time to get ready for work.

I couldn't let another day go by without an actual workout, though, and I really still wanted to get in my speed work that I skipped on Thu. So, I packed my clothes to run a route near work. I did a 5 min warm-up, followed by 4 sets of 400s & 3 min recovery, and ended with a 10 min cool-down. All-in-all, I ran 3 miles. It was a gorgeous evening! Though the setting sun was a bit blinding at times.

Stunning sunset in Summerlin, NV

Saturday, 9/16
I meant to do yoga, but all I managed was a couple walks with Sallie, meal planning for this coming week, and a trip to the grocery store.

Morning walk with Sallie

Sunday, 9/17
I woke up early, took forever to get out the door, and hit the trails to run the Sea to Shining Sea virtual race. I opted for the half marathon option.

Sea to Shining Sea Virtual Race at McCullough Hills, Henderson, NV

I started an hour or so later than I'd wanted, so it was pretty warm by the end. Still, it was a great day for a race (for me)! I ran a trail that I'm really familiar with, and the miles / hours just seemed to fly by! I could hardly believe it! I think I'll try to write a full recap of the race in its own post, but let me just say that I shaved off nearly 30 minutes of my last trail half in May 2014. So, yeah, that was pretty exciting.

Numbers
Runs: 3 runs | 19.2 total miles
Strength: 0 days
Yoga: 1 session
Step Goal: All 7 days! Current streak - 20 days

How was your week?


Next week's meals:
**New feature - I meant to start doing this last week, but when I sat down to meal plan, NOTHING sounded good. :( I had much better luck this weekend. I thought going through my few old-school recipe books would help. It didn't, but Pinterest came through FTW this week. Here's what's on tap.

Breakfast:
Smoothies
Savory Sun-dried Tomato Yellow Squash Bread (already in the oven!)

Lunch:
Ham/Salami Sandwiches
Chickpea Salad Sandwiches (I'll likely do my own variation)

Dinner:
Tuna Cakes
Cheeseburger Meatballs
Honey Garlic Chicken Stir Fry
One Pot Chili Cheese Pasta

I'm linking up today with Tricia & Holly for the Weekly Wrap. Have a fantastic week, everyone!

Twitter → @EnjoytheCourse
Instagram → enjoyingthecourse
Facebook → EnjoyingtheCourse
Google+ → Enjoying the Course
Pinterest → clarindad

14 comments:

  1. wow you had a pretty great week! Nice streak you have going on. I am so glad that you were inspired to try my squash bread let me know how you like it. Nice job on the virtual

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The squash bread was really good! Thanks for sharing the recipe.

      Delete
  2. I had a stressful week at work as well and was glad when Friday rolled around. Nice job in getting your speed work in. Congrats on the virtual trail run. That's a lot of time to take off! Thanks for linking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My week was so similar - such stress at work. Rubbish actually but I managed a couple of workouts and on Saturday did a 10k race. So it ended well too, but I am hoping for a calmer week! Hope you have a great week and well done on shaving that much time off your 2014 time! Super!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! My week was even more hectic, but I'm hopeful for next week. :) Congrats on your 10k!

      Delete
  4. Sorry to hear about stress at work :( I know first hand how that can affect your workouts, but I still think you did a great job last week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kim! I wish the stress at work made me want to burn off that stress with a good workout, but usually it just drains me. :(

      Delete
  5. Great job on the trail run! Work wasn't too bad for me, but I've been waking up early for no reason. That does make me a little cranky, and not wanting to be at work. All I want to do is get my sleep back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! I actually like working up early, but it would make me cranky if I was waking up for no reason. lol Hope you had a great week. :)

      Delete
  6. Work stress can really take its toll...hope things get better soon. I'm glad you had a great trail half marathon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Janelle! It's amazing how stress at work can affect us.

      Delete
  7. I always prefer dog walks over runs...lol! I'm glad you participated in the Sea to shining sea virtual. I know Kristy worked so hard on putting that together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. I still prefer to run, but dog walks are becoming fun, too. ;) The virtual race was fun. Kristy did a great job.

      Delete