Saturday, January 6, 2018

The first Ultimate Coffee Date of 2018 - Join Me!

Welcome to the first Ultimate Coffee Date of 2018! I'm so excited to sit back today and catch up over coffee... or hot tea! Did you know that January is National Hot Tea month? I'm more of a coffee drinker but sometimes I enjoy a nice cup of tea as well. What's your hot beverage of choice?

Ultimate Coffee Date - January 2018

I was sad to miss last month's coffee date, but I was out crushing a half marathon. In case you missed it, you can read my Run Laughlin recap here.

If we were having coffee today, I'd tell you that I'm starting to feel much better about the new year. I was floundering a bit this week focusing on my goals, but yesterday I finally got my 2018 blogging calendar/planner printed out. Just simply having it printed seemed to aright myself and I feel a little less adrift. Now to use it and see this blog grow throughout the year.

If we were having coffee today, I'd tell you that we moved offices at work. We just moved from the 1st floor to the 3rd floor of the same office building. It's a much bigger space, and there will still be some remodeling done to make it a little more our own, but it's not exactly better. At least not just yet. We cannot seem to get the temperature right in the area where I sit, so I've been so cold at work all week! Now, I get cold pretty easily, but you know it's cold in the office when your coworker who is never cold complains.

I'm pretty sure the temperature in the office is some sort of HR violation.

If we were having coffee today, I'd tell you that I initiated a Fitness Challenge at work. Not everyone opted to participate, but it should be fun! You get 1 point for every 10 minutes of exercise each day. There will be a weekly winner for whoever gets the most points during the week and a grand prize winner for whoever gets the most points over the 4 weeks. It just started on Thursday, but it definitely pushed me to do just a little extra on Thu & Fri. I probably won't win, but I already got the sweet satisfaction of creating the tracking spreadsheet. I made it in Google Sheets. It includes a field that calculates who is in the lead and protects the lines so you can only track your own exercise. No messing with other people's rows! LOL It was fun figuring out the formulas.

The beautiful thing about learning is that nobody can take it away from you. B.B. King


If we were having coffee today, I'd tell you I'm both excited and nervous about our next road trip. We'll be driving back to MN at the end of the month for my brother's wedding. We're taking a different route than we have in the past, so that will be fun. But a cross country road trip in January can be dicey. I'm trying to keep very positive thoughts that the weather will be pleasant for the drive - NO STORMS, please!

Brace Yourselves, Winter Driving Is Coming


If we were having coffee today, I'd share a quick weekly wrap with you!

Monday - Final 1 mile run of the #RWRunStreak
Tuesday - TIU Daily Moves (3 rounds of 15 reps); Day 1 of #YWATRUE yoga challenge
Wednesday - TIU Daily Moves (3 rounds of 15 reps); Day 2 of #YWATRUE yoga challenge
Thursday - TIU Daily Moves (3 rounds of 15 reps); Best Detox Yoga Workout;  Day 3 of #YWATRUE yoga challenge; Walk after work with Jeff and Sallie
Friday - TIU Daily Moves (3 rounds of 15 reps); Lower Body Burnout;  Day 4 of #YWATRUE yoga challenge; Walk before work with Sallie

I'm planning on doing the TIU workouts today and tomorrow as well as Days 5 & 6 of #YWATRUE. Maybe throw in a couple extra walks as well to get in more minutes for the office fitness challenge. 😉

And a brief check-in of my January goals:

  • So far this week, I haven't done any research on forefoot running, haven't practiced or videotaped my forefoot running form. Fingers crossed I am able to start some of that tomorrow.
  • I did massage my feet a couple evenings and practiced toe sitting most nights.
  • I haven't missed a day of the #YWATRUE yoga challenge.
  • This is my 3rd post of the week. :)
  • I have picked out a couple posts to revive but haven't done the work yet.
  • I haven't worked on optimizing my PageSpeed or created my GA Dashboard.

So, I'm on-track with some goals and need to up my game on a few others.


If we were having coffee today, what would you want to chat about?
If you work in an office, is it too cold, too hot, or just right?
How were your workouts last week?

Thanks for joining me today! Be sure to stop by our lovely hosts Deborah and Coco to catch up over coffee with some other amazing bloggers.

The Ultimate Coffee Date. Join Us!

I'm also linking up today with Holly for the first Weekly Wrap of 2018.

Twitter → @EnjoytheCourse
Instagram → enjoyingthecourse
Facebook → EnjoyingtheCourse
Google+ → Enjoying the Course
Pinterest → clarindad

24 comments:

  1. How fun that you started a fitness challenge at your work place! Way to inspire others to get going too. I am trying to plan out some more posts too which is not always easy to come up with idea. Thanks for joining us for coffee today

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm terrible about coming up with good ideas for blog posts! I need to be better about writing down an idea when it comes to me, so I don't forget them. :) I hope people have fun with the fitness challenge!

      Delete
  2. I hate being cold at work. My heater was broken and I kept my coat on until they could fix it. Excited to see your blogging goals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm generally always a little cold, but when I have to bring in the mittens, you know it's bad!

      Delete
  3. I'm doing #YWATRUE, too! I'm really enjoying it and wondering how I never discovered Yoga with Adriene before.

    I love that you started a fitness challenge at work and created a spreadsheet WITH PROTECTED LINES! How cool is that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really enjoying #YWATRUE as well! I like how she's easing us in slow and focused. I've been following YWA for a few years now. She's definitely one of my favorite YouTube yogis.

      I am pretty proud of my spreadsheet. It's dorky how much I love creating cool things with spreadsheets and love that it's a part of my job (I do fun things with spreadsheets outside of this fitness challenge).

      Delete
  4. How cool to do a fitness challenge at work! And the spreadsheet sounds impressive as well ...how do you keep track of everyone's activities? Do they enter it themselves ...on the honor system? Or do they have to upload some sort of Garmin, Fitbit or Strava record? Inquiring minds want to know. Lol

    Sounds like you're off to a great and organized New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're just doing the honor system. Everyone just logs their minutes into the spreadsheet and the total column divides that number by 10 and rounds down. If you exercise for 25 minutes, you only get 2 points (not 2.5 or rounding up to 3). Not everyone in the office uses a fitness tracker, so I decided the honor system was the way to go. :)

      Delete
  5. How awesome that you initiated a fitness challenge in your office. I'm excited that I finally convinced my boss that a workout room would be a great add to our office space, hopefully we can get moving on that this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so cool that your boss agreed to add a workout room to your office space. That would be incredible. :)

      Delete
  6. That's such a good initiative to start a fitness challenge at work! Get healthy and help others too. Good luck on the challenge! Happy New Year 2018!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How great that you started a fitness challenge at work! Looks like you're off to a good start on your January goals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Michelle! I'm trying to focus on what I have accomplished with my January goals and not get caught up on what hasn't been done yet. I mean it is only Day 7, right? :)

      Delete
  8. That’s so cool of you to initiate a challenge at work! Good luck on the road trip. I hate car rides

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Patrick! We love taking road trips together, so hopefully, the weather cooperates. :)

      Delete
  9. Happy new year! :] Great job getting all those workouts in already!! I've had a bunch of posts I've also been meaning to revamp, but haven't gotten around to fixing up yet (sigh). Hopefully sometime this year! Good luck on your goals this month! It looks like you're doing awesome so far!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Farrah! Good luck to you with revamping some posts. Blogging has changed over the years, so in some ways I'm excited to revisit some posts that need a little more love.

      Delete
  10. Congrats on initiating a fitness challenge at work! I hope everyone enjoys it and that it gets some people (who weren't already) onto the fitness path.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the dream! Of course, one person hiked 12 hours over the weekend, so that kind of ruined it for a lot of people. :-(

      Delete
  11. I haven't written all my goals down yet so I am all over the place at the moment. But taking this time to organise my head so that I get my year started for real! Good luck on all your goals this month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Shathiso! I hope you get everything together to set yourself up for a great year! :)

      Delete
  12. I'm very impressed with your fitness challenge and the creation of your tracking sheet. I've never heard of Google Sheets! I've moved my office twice in the last few years. It is never pleasant and I totally agree about the temperature! I hope you are still riding high over that incredible half PR! Thanks for linking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! I thought everyone knew about Google Sheets. It's like Excel but one of the Google products. A lot of the functionality is the same, but there are things that are quite different. I really like learning tricks in both.

      This is our 2nd office move in the past few years. This one was a bit better than the previous, which was the jankiest move ever! You would probably be surprised. ;)

      Delete